The SpaceSpecial Airbnb Property Feature: Guests can enjoy the maintained nature trail that winds through 7 acres of our own private forest reserve. Resident owls, woodpeckers and rabbits will entertain you as you walk by the towering cedar, fir and pine trees.
Inside, you can relax and unwind in the quaint 2 bedroom + 1 bath family cottage. The dwelling is completely separate from the owner's main house. Plus, because it is not a basement suite, there are no noisy footsteps above you. It feels like your own little getaway out in the countryside!
The cottage provides a unique and delightful year-round alternative to the standard hotel room, timeshare or other lodging. It has been ideal for:
• Tourists who want to experience living like a local in the Canadian countryside
• Families visiting friends and relatives in the Vancouver area who may not have enough room in their own homes
• Business travelers, film crew & cast, and contract workers who are on an extended stay in the area, and who want more space and comfort than in a hotel room
Quick access to Highway 1 allows guests to travel daily to visit and see Vancouver's many attractions.
The 720 sq. ft. vacation rental accommodates a maximum of 5 people, and features:
• Large living area with cable TV
• Main bedroom with queen-size bed (sleeps 2)
• Cozy 2nd bedroom with a bunk bed (sleeps 2: one up and one down)
• Comfy sofa in the living room - not a pull-out sofabed (sleeps 1 child or teen)
• Fully-equipped kitchen, including microwave, coffee maker, toaster, dishes and cookware
• One full bath
• Stacked washer & dryer in the unit
• Large deck with relaxing Adirondack-style chairs
• One dedicated parking space beside the cottage
Need a larger or smaller space? Check out our other vacation units, which are also on our country property. Click on the Host Profile for our other Airbnb listings.
NOTE: Due to allergies, we have a strict No Smoking and No Pets policy. This unit is not suitable for children under 5 years old. The additional guest fee applies to all guests, including all children.
• Free WiFi
• Cable TV
• All linens and towels provided
• Hair dryer
• Ironing board with iron
One of our guests best described our place:
“In the morning, we sipped our coffees on the patio before taking a short stroll to buy some fresh, local honey. We rented bikes and took a leisurely bike ride through the countryside. We worked up an appetite for some of the best homemade strawberry shakes and fruit pies at the farm just next door.
In the evening, we had a nice gourmet dinner at a local winery, and then watched an outdoor movie at the drive-in nearby. When we got back to the unit, we fell asleep to the soothing sounds of the frogs out on the pond. It was a terrific day in the country!"
– Megan S.
***BOOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Please first select "Contact Host" to check about availability BEFORE selecting "Request to Book" a reservation. Guest AccessGuests are free to enjoy the grounds in the front and around the fountain. Our nature trail is open daily during daylight hours only, unless otherwise posted. The barn, homeowner’s pool and rear of the main building are not for guest use, and access is not allowed. Interaction with GuestsWhile we also live on the property in the main house, we let our guests enjoy their privacy. Have any questions or issues during your stay? We are just a text, email or phone call away.
Also, if you catch us outside gardening or getting ready for a bike ride, do say Hello! We’re happy to chat and share any tips on great restaurants and fun events in the area. The NeighborhoodLangley’s country vistas and picturesque landscapes have been the backdrop to many movies and TV shows like "Smallville" and "The Vampire Diaries.” Maybe you’ll be discovered during your stay! A&E Channel's "Bates Motel" TV series is filming its 5th season just 15 minutes away. Also, the James Town back lot, where they film Hallmark Channel's "When Calls The Heart" TV series, is just up our street.
The property is located near popular Fraser Valley wineries, including: Chaberton Estates Winery, Backyard Vineyards, Township 7 Vineyards, The Fort Wine Co. Estate Winery and Krause Berry Farms & Winery.
Historic Fort Langley, a 15-minute scenic drive from the Country Cottage, is the birthplace of the province of British Columbia. You can enjoy the historic village with its quaint architecture of its turn-of-the-century streets lined with unique antique stores, boutiques, restaurants and bakeries.
The cottage is 2 minutes away from the world-class equestrian facility Thunderbird Show Park. Its six major horse jumping tournaments help to make Langley the Horse Capital of B.C. A pleasant walk from the unit brings you to all the berries you can eat at the popular Krause Berry Farm & Winery.
Also, in the spring, summer and autumn, the area hosts many running and cycling events – many of which happen right down our street! Note: The property is situated by working farms so there may be some occasional tractor and truck noise during the day, but definitely quiet during the evening and night.
Other nearby Attractions and Points of Interest:
• Greater Vancouver Zoo (6 kms)
• Twilight Drive-In – the only remaining drive-in movie theater in the Vancouver area (8 kms)
• Cascades Casino & Convention Centre (10 kms)
• Canadian Museum of Flight (9 kms)
• Milner Downs Equestrian Center (9 kms)
• Trinity Western University (9 kms)
• Langley Fine Arts School (10 kms)
• Kwantlen Polytechnic University (10 kms)
• Chuck E. Cheese – family entertainment chain (12 kms)
• Tradex - Trade & Exhibition Centre (18 kms)
• Cloverdale Rodeo – May 19-22, 2017 (18 kms)
• Abbotsford International Air Show – Aug 12-14, 2016 (20 kms)
• Castle Fun Park – Indoor/outdoor family amusement park (28 kms)
• Gloucester Industrial Park – Home to major companies, including: Weyerhaeuser, Jeld-Wen Doors, Old Castle Glass, EV Logistics, and Mazda/CAT Logistics (6 kms)
• White Rock Pier (29 kms)
• Crescent Beach (32 kms)
• Cultus Lake (52 kms)
• Tsawwassen Mills Outlet Shopping Mall (53 kms)
• Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal to go to Victoria (55 kms)
• Harrison Hot Springs (82 kms)
• Whistler (172 kms) Getting AroundWith quick access to Highway 1, the cottage is perfectly located for daily travel to visit and see Vancouver's many attractions.
A personal vehicle is necessary to visit all the great wineries, farmers’ markets and terrific seasonal events in the area. The scenic neighborhood is ideal for cycling so be sure to bring your bicycle along with you. We have a covered storage area for your bicycles. Bicycles also can be rented in nearby Fort Langley.
• Vancouver International Airport – YVR (63 kms)
• Abbotsford International Airport – YXX (20 kms)
• Langley Regional Airport – YNJ (10 kms)
In addition, the place is just 15 minutes away from the less busy US/Canada border crossing (Lynden-Aldergrove border).
The city of Langley, and nearby cities of Surrey, White Rock, Maple Ridge, Abbotsford, and Mission are all within a 30-minute drive. The city of Vancouver is a 45-minute drive during non-rush hours. Other Things to NotePhil has been hosting multiple vacation rentals for more than 3 years, and is active with the Airbnb community. He welcomes first-time Airbnb guests, and he can help guide you through Airbnb’s unique booking process if needed.
Save some research time by using Phil’s Guidebook on the best local attractions, restaurants and venues in Langley and the Greater Vancouver area.