The SpaceQuirky seaside studio apartment set high in the trees (and accessed by boardwalk) features deck with harbour view (fabulous sunsets, seals, whales, sailboats); skylight-lit dining nook; snug double bed with ocean view; and enough floorspace to practice your tango moves. 15 minute walk to gorgeous swimming lake, 5 minute walk to bus-stop, 15 minute drive to downtown Halifax (restaurants, festivals, shows...), 1 minute walk to kayak launching point, and plenty of hiking, biking, adventuring and relaxing. Self-catering - fridge, gas stove, pots and pans and all your cooking needs. Blissfully free of TV and telephone, there is a large collection of books, records, and cassettes, as well as wifi if you get desperate for distraction.
***This is my personal home, and full of my favourite things, my art collection, my antique record collection, etc. I like to know as much as possible about you so I can be sure to leave my place in the 'right hands' while I'm away.
If you have not stayed with me before, be sure to write me with the full names of ALL guests, who you 'are', what you do, why you're interested in my place in particular, and whether you're the kind of person who takes pleasure in leaving a place in better condition than you found it. Since I I'll be away when you're there, I don't charge a cleaning fee, and my place tends to be in rather high demand, I do ask my guests to get the apartment all ready for the next arrivals (bed made, dishes washed and put away, floors swept, vacuumed, and mopped, etc whatever you can think of).
***When you write to ask about the apartment, be sure to tell me if this is the sort of thing that appeals to you.*** Guest AccessThe apartment and deck are entirely yours for the duration of your stay. There is also a convenient parking space tucked in the trees nearby. Interaction with Guests- If I'm not in the area when you visit, I will have a friend or neighbour looking in on the place to make sure it's ship shape and ready for you. Please communicate with me by email and text message so that I can help to get you set up for an awesome visit!
- In order that I don't have to charge a cleaning fee, I ask my guests to leave the place in better shape than they found it so it's nice and ready for the next guest! When you write to me, be sure to tell me all about how keen you are on making it clean and beautiful!
- check in is at 3 pm, check out at 11 am, unless the Studio isn't booked before/after, in which case it's flexible. Please discuss your needs with me. The NeighborhoodJust on the outskirts of Halifax and a 20 min drive to the city core, Purcell's Cove is one of those unique places in the world with a real 'getaway' feel. My immediate neighbours are artists, writers, filmmakers and yoga teachers. I grew up just next door (and my mum still lives there), and can give you tips on what to see and visit while you stroll around. Getting AroundThe area is accessible by public bus, but it runs only once/hour. There is a kayak put-in point next door, and a parking space convenient to the boardwalk. Most of my guests use their car or a rental, but many do opt for public transit with no complaints (you can read their reviews on this site) Other Things to Note- The walls are slope-y (it's an attic) so the bath is a bathtub w handheld shower, and the tall will need to slouch at the sink.
- I've recently completed some repairs and renovations (newly refinished floor! new paint job!, new shelving!). The bathroom is still 'old-school' however, blessed with an ancient-scratched-enamel tub (clean! but it LOOKS dirty!), and mismatched tiles. Like I said: Bohemian!
- The Studio is filled with plants. They are the leafy air-purifying kind (like spider plants), not flowering. It is nestled high in the trees and there are flowering plants and shrubs very nearby. If you have allergies, please bear this in mind.
- If you love love love my place, and know yore the perfect fit, but there are only 2 nights available (my minimum says 3), write to me and ask. I may well invite you to stay.