Casa Rowe is a relatively new (2007) 2 Bedroom, 2.5 Bath Townhome located in the Gardens of the Pacific, a small community in the rural beach hamlet of Playa Bejuco on Costa Rica's central Pacific coast. The Gardens is a quiet and safe residential community of a few dozen homes designed to blend in with the natural environment.
Playa Bejuco is a 2 hour drive from the San Jose airport and 25 minutes south of the tourist mecca of Jaco, through bucolic countryside with cattle grazing in lush green pastures framed by mountains and ocean. The scenic drive south on the Costanera (coast highway) leading to our townhome is enchanting, and the idyllic beauty of the region quite breathtaking.
Playa Bejuco is centrally located on the Pacific coast, an ideal home base for those wishing to explore the ecodiversity of Costa Rica, including beaches, rainforests, mountains, volcanoes, waterfalls, rivers and coastal estuaries.
Casa Rowe is a spacious and relaxing 2 story townhome that can comfortably sleep 5-6 persons. The home is newly furnished throughout with dark and rich Costa Rican wood furniture, and includes the following:
- A fully equipped kitchen with natural wood cabinets, refrigerator, electric stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, electric mixer, blender, pots and pans, glasses, silverware, etc.
- A large upstairs master bedroom with vaulted ceilings, queen size wood bed with carved design, nicely tiled master bath with wood cabinets, and private outside balcony with decorative iron railings.
- An upstairs guest bedroom with vaulted ceilings, large wooden bunk bed (sleeps 3), nicely tiled guest bath with wood cabinets, and private outside balcony with decorative railings.
- Outdoor Teak furniture on balconies.
- A large living and dining area with wood futon sofa, end tables, designer lamps, wall art, coffee table, rocking chairs, wood window shades and 6 person dining room table.
- A 1/2 Bath downstairs.
- Decorative tiled floors throughout the home.
- Decorative tiled stairway with wood handrails and attractive upstairs stairwell landing area.
- Ceiling fans in every room.
- Sony HDTV.
- Wireless Internet.
- Air Conditioning.
- Laundry room with washer, dryer and sink.
- Green space adjacent to the property.
- Outdoor shower.
- Covered parking.
- Beach Cruiser Bikes (2).
- BBQ Grill.
- 24 hour security with friendly Tico gatekeepers.
PLAYA BEJUCO/ GARDENS OF THE PACIFIC:
Casa Rowe is a short 5-8 minute walk to quiet and secluded Playa Bejuco, a Blue Flag beach (highest ecological rating) known for its clean water and quality surfing waves. The ocean water is warm - around 80 degrees - year round. The lengthy and wide (especially at low tide) dark sand, palm tree-lined beach stretches for miles and is usually empty, perfect for extended beach walks, bicycle rides and/or collecting shells and driftwood, especially at sunrise or sunset.
The outside of our Gardens of the Pacific townhome is nicely landscaped and kept beautiful by the friendly community gardeners. Yard foliage includes a large and shady jacaranda tree, palms, crotons, allamandas, heliconias, hibiscus and other flowering plants. The yard and adjacent green space attract a variety of birds (including hummingbirds) and butterflies, and you awaken each morning to the sounds of exotic birdsong. The trees in the community are frequented regularly by large multicolored parrots (scarlet macaws) and, occasionally, troupes of monkeys.
Gardens of the Pacific has a large tropically landscaped green space/ BBQ/ pool area in the quiet rear portion of the community. The space includes a covered entertainment area, BBQ grill, community pool (w/ child pool), bathroom and outdoor shower. It is an ideal setting for family/group gatherings.
Playa Bejuco is a tiny rural coastal village. There is a bodega (mini-mart) located steps from our townhome, and two beach hotel/restaurants a short walking distance down a road leading to the ocean. The restaurants offer excellent food at reasonable prices and are nice places to enjoy drinks at sunset.
Playa Bejuco offers vacationers to Costa Rica the best of both worlds, a beautiful rural setting located slightly off the conventional tourist track, yet with easy access to a variety of attractions and activities.
Costa Rica offers much in the way of adventure and ecotourism, with opportunities for surfing, fishing, rainforest canopy tours, zip lining, ATV rentals, horseback riding, golfing, whitewater rafting, mountain biking, scuba diving, birdwatching, hiking, waterfall trips, and wildlife viewing.
Costa Rica is a wonderful place to visit and explore. We hope you choose our comfortable and affordably priced family vacation townhome as a home base to experience some of the wonders this unique country has to offer.
Please visit our Casa Rowe website for more information, including additional photos.
The Rowe Family
Playa Bejuco is a small coastal hamlet located between Jaco/Playa Hermosa and Quepos/Manuel Antonio. It is a 2 hour drive from the San Jose airport, and 25 minutes south of Jaco. Our community, Gardens of the Pacific, is located off the coast highway as one heads toward the beach. The beach is a short walk away from our townhome.