The SpaceThis enjoyable apartment is very cozy and suitable for 4 people. It has one bedroom with double bed and exit to separate balcony, living room with big double fold-out sofa, another balcony, spacious fully equipped kitchen, toilet and little hall. It's both close to Zadar's "blue-flag" pine-tree beach Borik and to the city's downtown. The beach is 10-15 min walk or 4 min car drive away, while you can reach the downtown in 10-15 minutes by public transport or car. The flat is fully equipped, air-conditioned, warmly decorated, situated on the sunny-side and ready to be relaxed in. Evenings can be enjoyed refreshed on cooling balconies with wonderful view on Zadar's amazing sunset. Hitchcock while visiting said: "Zadar has the most beautiful sunset in the world, more beautiful than the one in Key West, Florida, applauded at every evening." The apartment is perfect for couples or families as it is located in a calm neighborhood. If you arrive with a vehicle, do not worry as we offer free private parking. Guest AccessOur guests are welcome to use all the amenities free of charge:
- Cable big screen TV
- free flat WI-FI
- air condition unit in the living room
- fully equipped kitchen
- bathroom with bath tub shower, hair dryer, heater and washing machine
- iron and ironing board
- bed linen, towels, soap
- private parking space in the building's garage
* We are not perfect ourselves, but we try to save energy and think of our planet's resources. If you care about this, turn off air conditioning when leaving the flat and make sure all electronics are turned off.
* IF u wanna know more, here are some myths on AC debunked *
We noticed that guests tend to leave the AC on all day while away from home. This is because they believe the flat will get so hot it will be impossible to cool it once they return. In effect what that does is quite the opposite.
* for example * Put an ice cube on the table. What happens? It melts. Why? It melts because the room is warmer than the ice cube, so the heat from the room goes into the ice cube, which absorbs the heat. That's what melts it. The ice cube is basically a heat magnet.
Okay, so now think about your house. You leave the house, and you shut the AC off. It's warmer outside than inside, so heat enters your home. You come home, turn on the AC, and the AC removes all the extra heat, once.
Now let's try it the other way: say when you leave outside you leave the AC on. The AC constantly removes heat from your home, making it cooler, so you've just made your house a heat magnet, just like the ice cube. The cooler it is in the house, the more heat wants to enter the house. By constantly cooling the house, you're inviting more heat into the house, which the air conditioner has to remove, over and over.
* basically *
1. Heat transfer rate is proportional to temperature difference so if you let the house warm up, it will absorb less heat from the environment than when it is cool.
2. A heavily-loaded air conditioner is more efficient than a lightly-loaded one.
3. * some statistics * On a typical hot summer afternoon, AC's gobble up 40%of the power during peak periods. Raising your thermostat setting by just one degree can save more energy than you might think. If each household in the United States raised the air conditioning temperature 6 degrees, we'd save the equivalent of (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)rrels of oil every day.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Interaction with GuestsWe live in Zagreb and visit Zadar often. Our friend Nina cleans and takes care of the flat and welcomes the guests. Whenever we are in Zadar, we will welcome you ourselves. Also we are always at your diposal through email, phone and Nina is just some minutes away distance from the flat.
You can ask us anything you need to know on Zadar and surroundings, restaurants, places to go, sights to see, beautiful or hidden beaches, quality cultural events, trips to islands and national parks, because we love letting you in on stuff that would make your holiday a great one! The NeighborhoodThere are couple of smaller grocery stores in the near neighborhood with domestic fruit and vegetables, but there are also supermarkets (Konzum, Plodine), caffes, quality restaurants and clubs in Borik area.
If you are with kids there is a shallow part of the beach with a sandy bottom located in the hotel complex Falkensteiner Resort Borik. There are also numerous activities for children such as slides, pools, as well as numerous sports and entertainment facilities. The further west you walk from Borik area, the quieter it gets. Diklo and Kozino are good choice if you are couples as there are both quality bars and restaurants and good places to swim or just roll over in the sun. Getting AroundThe apartment is located in BORIK, a neighborhood 4 km from the City Centre. There are 2 BUS LINES that connect the flat to the City Centre:
1. Puntamika (Borik)
The BUS stop is couple of minutes walk from the flat, situated on the crossroad of Antuna Gustava Matoša Street and Krešimirova Obala Street.
Your station is EKONOMSKA ŠKOLA and when going to the City Centre (Poluotok) best is to get off at station MALA POŠTA, then you just take the street down and cross the main bridge and u are at Poluotok (Penninsula - city centre). Search for Liburnija Zadar and check MAP of lines at their website.
Usually, buses run from 5:00 to roughly 23:15 (City Centre- Borik) or 23:35 (Borik-City Centre), while in summer times they run even to 1:00.
Link to schedule can be found at Liburnija Zadar website, once u are there:
- choose City Transport
- then choose Puntamika (Borik) to Central Bus Station
- or Diklo to Central Bus Station
If you miss out on the bus, do not hesitate to use the TAXY as they are quite affordable (The flat - City Centre distance should cost you around 5 EUR). Search for Taxy Lulić or Taxy Zadar.
There are buses running to and from Zadar airport two times a day, but if you are flying with Croatia Airlines there are separate buses organised to take you to/from the airport before departure that is after your arrival.
If this sounds too complicated, we can help you arrange cheaper car transport from the airport, just let us know!
Private PARKING space is in the building's garage and it is FREE. Other Things to NoteWe are available to you during your stay for any information and assistance you may need.
On the day of your arrival we will copy your identification documents (passport or ID) for the purpose of registration at the Tourist Board.