The SpaceThis is a one bedroom apartment with a spacious bedroom equiped with a queen-size bed, a living room with a fully equiped open kitchen, a dining area and a small bathroom (with a bathtub!)
Attention : the apartment is on the 5th floor and the building does not have an elevator, so this might not suit people with a reduced mobility capacity. Guest AccessYou will have the whole apartment to yourself. The NeighborhoodThe apartment is located in a quiet neighborhood, but within 15 minutes of all the fun places. Around the park on which the building is, you will find the Gare Saint Sauveur, which is a big part of the cultural life in Lille, where you will see concerts, DJ sets, and exhibitions, all for free. It is also a (delicious) restaurant at lunchtime. There are also a few bars, bistrots and cafés around the park, and the Friterie Sensas that has delicious belgian style fries.
A 10 minutes walk will take you to :
- Rue Solférino, a lively neighborhood at night, where students meet up
- Place de la république, where is located the Palais des Beaux Arts (the fine arts museum)
A 15 minute walk will take you to :
- the city center, Grand Place (Place du Général de Gaulle)
- Place du théâtre (where the Opera house is)
A 20 minutes walk will take you to :
- le Vieux Lille, and its pretty old streets and chic shops
- Rue royale, lively street at night with cool bars
- Parvis de la Treille, where the cathedral is, along with a few cafes and restaurants
- Place Louise de Bettignies and rue de Gand, very lively at night as well
- L'imaginaire, the most beautiful terrace of the city, place Louise de Bettignies as well
A 5 minutes bus ride will take you to the Citadelle, a 17th century fortress, jewel of the Vauban style military architecture. Getting AroundYou can access the appartment either with your car or with public transportation : the Liane 1 bus, the 18 and 14 buses stop a few steps away from the building at the "Jean Baptiste Lebas" stop, and the "Lille Grand Palais" metro station is a 5 minutes walk away. You will easily find parking all around the park all day long.