The SpaceThe cabin was recently built and is fully furnished, with a twin bed and a kitchenette in an open space, a bathroom and a shed with two single beds. Also: a flat screen TV, Wi-Fi, a small electrical stove, refrigerator and a grill outside. Beddings and towels included. Guest AccessYou have the place all to yourselves, i.e. the cabin (and also the shed if there are more than two guests), the hot tub and the beautiful land surrounding it. Interaction with GuestsOur neighbors, Magga and Addi, at farm Stóri-Klofi will be close by to assist you. And you can always send me an email if you need some info or help :) The NeighborhoodThe neighborhood.
- Organized jeep tours into the highland and riding tours available at the day-tour company Local Travel, at farm Stóri-Klofi, in just a 2 min drive.
- An exhibition dedicated to mount Hekla, sometimes called queen of the mountains, at Leirubakki in only a 5 min drive. There you'll also find a nice restaurant. Both are open every day from 10-21.
- Man-made caves from the time of the settlement, at Hellnar. 5 min drive.
- There's a swimming pool, Laugland, in only a 15 min drive from the cabin,
- Village Hella, with a grocery store, restaurants and pharmacy in a 25 min drive.
- Mount (volcano) Hekla is in a 30 min drive from the cabin. Ideal for hiking.
- Town Selfoss, with a grocery store, restaurants, coffee shops, bars, shops, a swimming pool, galleries and more.
- Landmannalaugar, which is known for its natural geothermal hot springs and stunning surrounding landscape, in the highlands is in only an hours drive.
- And a myriad of other places on the golden circle. Getting AroundGetting around.
You can rent a car for example upon arrival at Keflavík airport and then drive to the cabin. From the main road nr 1 you take road nr 26 and drive about twenty minutes to reach it. There is a parking space in front of the cabin, free of charge.