THIS LISTING IS FOR ONE KING SIZED BED IN ONE ROOM.
I am renting separate rooms in my house. I have three rooms. I have separated the rooms according to the beds in them.
So the rooms are:
1. Room with (1) King Sized Bed
2. Room with (2) Beds
3. Room with (2) Beds
If this listing is booked, click on one of the links above!
Each listing corresponds to one room. So if you are four friends who want two rooms, you must rent out two of the rooms above. If these rooms are booked, email me. I have a second large room I will rent outfor those who ask.
If you like quiet spaces with sublime sights of volcanoes and snow-capped mountains, you´ll fit right in. From my house, you can drive (5) minutes to Skögarfoss, 10-15 minutes to Seljalandsfoss, or just stare at the glory of Eyjafyallajökull (look below for more information on local sights). My house has five bedrooms, and I´m renting out three private rooms that can accommodate two people each. I also have a shared kitchen, living room, and one shared bathroom.
So here´s a breakdown of my house.
A comfy sized kitchen with a table that can seat 6-8 people. In the kitchen, you´ll find an oven, stove, refrigerator, coffee machine, electric kettle, blender, and plenty of pots and pans, bowls and glasses, coffee mugs and utensils.
Perfect area to relax. Included: TV, DVD player, three armchairs, three sofas. I also have a computer you can use, or if you prefer to use your own computer, smart phone, or any other space gadget, I will give you the password to your free WiFi.
My bathroom has a shower, bathrub, toilet, sink, and towel rack. Guest AccessTV
Pillows (ask if you want extras)
Blankets (ask if you want extras)
Trampoline (outside, small children only)
Swing-set (outside, small children only) Interaction with GuestsMost days, I´ll be around the farm, tending to my horses, or fixing something on the tractor. If you need help with anything, please feel free to find me! Also, email me in advance for questions about the area. The Neighborhood[WATERFALLS]
1. Skögarfoss: (5 minutes drive); a magnificent waterfall, one of Iceland´s biggest, with a width of 25 meters and a drop of 60 meters. Stairs lead to the top of the fall, where, often, you´ll see single or double rainbows. Nearby, you can eat at the Skögar Bistro (they serve excellent coffees and fish!).
2. Seljalandsfoss: (10-15 minute drive); famous for its smooth, almost unbending cascades, Seljalandsfoss is one of Suðurland´s gems. You can awe at its falling from the front, or (unique to Iceland) you can hike behind it.
3. Kvernufoss: one of the more hidden (and less touristy) waterfalls in Iceland, Kvernufoss is close to Skögarfoss, but off the beaten path. A good hiking guide to the falls can be found here: (URL HIDDEN)
1. Eyjafjallajökull: in 2010, this volcano made news when it erupted, causing chaos for northern Europe´s airplanes. You can definitely see it from my house (I have a golden view of it, especially in the evening, as the sun sets behind it). If you really like adventure, you could summit it in one day. Typically, the hike takes 8 - 10 hours. My house is the perfect end to a day of hiking Eyjafjallajökull. You could bring your own equipment, or rent equipment from nearby hiking services. You could also book a guided tour, which run from 30,000 to 40,000 kronur.
At this museum, you can watch a film about the volcano´s eruption and its effects on the farmers. There is a gift shop, as well.
1 May - 31 May: 10:00 - 16:00
1 June - 31 August: 9:00 - 18:00
1 September - 30 September: 10:00 - 16:00
1 October - 30 April: 11:00 - 16:00
2. Skogar Folk Museum (Skogasafn) :
Learn how Icelanders lived in turf houses and worked at this museum of Icelandic inhabitants´ history.
May AND September: 10:00 - 17:00
June, July, August: 9:00 - 18:00
October to April: 11:00 - 16:00
Thousands of native items, many contributed by locals, tools and furnishings that tell of Iceland´s past.
June 1 - Sept 1: 11:00 - 18:00
1. Vestmannaeyjar: Beautiful islands that housed the famous 1973 volcano eruption. The harbor, Landeyjahöfn, is less than 30 minutes from my house. The ferry to Vestmannaeyjar (Westman Islands) takes about 30 minutes.
1. Seljavallalaug: One of Iceland´s oldest swimming pools (circa 1923); the pool is about a 5 minute drive from my house.
And these are just the things around my house. Iceland has plenty to see! Getting AroundIcelanders joke that we only have one road. And, honestly, we do: highway 1. I live right off highway 1. It´s quite easy to get around here. And if you know your destinations, I´ll certainly help you get there. Other Things to NoteBreakfast is included in the price. That´s right. Free breakfast.
I do have two dogs and one cat, BUT they are always outside, never inside.