The SpaceGreen Acres Haveli and Retreat is nestled amongst fruit orchards in the outskirts of Amritsar city. The owners have recently restored and opened their home and warm hospitality to guests looking for a relaxing and memorable stay in the holy city of the Golden Temple. Just minutes from the International Airport (ATQ), this rustic Haveli is appointed with modern amenities and offers a great alternative to staying in a hotel.
Style and Layout
This Haveli's architecture is a harmonious blend of traditional punjabi village essence and Moghul influences. It has a large gate and high-outer walls surrounding an inner courtyard around which various rooms are built - which is typical of dwellings built by Punjabi landlords between late 19th and mid 20th century. Nanak-shahi bricks that are over 150 years old line the large iron gate entrance to the haveli.
The original layout of the Haveli is mostly intact. In one corner of the Haveli, the cowshed has been converted into a lounge and dining room. The rooms of the Haveli have been converted to guest bedrooms, and are now appointed with modern amenities and attached washrooms. Additional guest rooms and suites are available in an adjacent villa across the plum orchard.
All rooms are well equipped with modern comforts:
* ensuite washroom with hot + cold water, shower, herbal amenities
* air conditioner (summer), heater (winter)
* comfortable beds with 8 inch thick spring mattresses
* desk, chairs or sofabed, cupboard, in-room safe
* kettle, cups, tea bags, coffee sachets, sugar, sweetners
* phone with room-to-room intercom
* international multi-pin socket rated for 220 Volts
* iron, ironing board and hair dryer available on request
Additional facilities available to guests at no-extra charge:
* mineral water bottles in room and with meals
* wifi internet access
* swimming pool access (summers)
* evening bonfire (winters)
* children's play area with swings, slide, sand-pit
* pool / billiards table, indoor games – karom, chess, etc.
The Farm Retreat
There is a vast lawn between the Haveli and the plum orchard, which is a great place to enjoy outdoor lunch in the winter sun, and sit around a bonfire in the night. Or if you want to cool off during the summer heat, there is a 40 foot long swimming pool, which was originally built in the 1970s to store water for irrigating the fields. This retreat is also a great place for children to run around, and there is a dedicated play area with swings, slide, and sand-pit so the kids can keep busy while you relax.
An adjoinig club house is equipped as a mini-gym for convenience of the quests and includes treadmill, cross-trainer, and stationary bikes. It also sports a pool table. A variety of other activities in and around the farm-house and the city can also be arranged.
Surrounded by fruit orchards on 3 sides, and an organic vegetable garden on 1 side, guests staying at the Haveli can sample fresh produce around the year. They can also feast on delicious home-cooked Punjabi food, and world famous veg and non-veg Amritsari specialities.
Whether you are planning a religious pilgrimage to the Golden Temple, or just passing through Amritsar, Green Acres Haveli and Retreat is sure to provide a relaxing experience and a change from usual 3-5 star hotel stay. Guest AccessPrivate: Room and Washroom,
- Lounge and Dining
- Sitting areas in Courtyard and Verandah
- Lawn and Orchards
- Children's play area
- Swimming pool (with advance notice in Summer)