The SpaceEscape from the grind of daily life, relax and unwind at the Lakeside Homestay @ Krishnakunj in Bhimtal, Uttarakhand- a Himalayan paradise. The guest room/cottage is part of an ancestral house overlooking the lake, bang in the heart of Bhimtal town. We, your hosts, Hari and Kumkum, hail from Kumaon, and have been living in Bhimtal for the past 10 years.
Surrounded by mango, leetchi, walnut, guava, and plum trees - the cottage is a favorite haunt of myriad birds. Wake up each morning to spy the red billed Blue Magpie, the purple Sunbird or the Great Barbet as you sip your morning tea. Sit under the leetchi tree and read or simply watch the ripe plums rolling off the tree. The kids can read books from the library or potter about the land and try their hand at digging out onions or cutting salad leaves for dinner.
The guest house itself is a simple large bedroom; small lounge space with a table for four and cane sofas; an attached bathroom with both western and indian style toilets; a well equipped kitchen; extra bedding, a small library, and lockable storage containers for luggage. Guest AccessThe Lakeside Homestay is not a hotel, but a home away from home. An ideal place for writing a book, painting the ever changing shades of the lake, perfecting your photography skills, lounging around or maybe getting your heart pumping by running around the lake! Whatever your reasons, the Lakeside Homestay is a perfect place for either a weekend getaway from the madness of the city or a long break for re-charging your batteries.
Your Homestay experience includes:
• A clean, comfortable living space with a self service kitchen.
• A living room with a view of the lake to enjoy your morning cup of tea
• Nutritious homemade breakfast with organic garden veggies
• Solitude but with access to the road and parking facilities
• Hari and Kumkum are well travelled hosts with interests ranging from organic farming, baking, ayurveda, homeopathy, and naturopathy.
• You can also volunteer with Hari’s non-profit that provides medical aid and support to local schools. Interaction with GuestsWe would be happy to show you around Bhimtal, and can arrange transport for day trips. We would be happy to have drinks under the walnut tree and talk with you about topics such as organic farming, baking, ayurveda, homeopathy, and naturopathy; however, your level of interaction with us is up to you! The NeighborhoodBhimtal is a small, homey, town on Bhimtal Lake, set to the background of the Himalayan Foothills.
There are many things to do such as...
- Walk to Naukuchiatal.
- Trek to Karkotak. Nal Damyanti Tal and Sat Tal
- Drive to Nainital, Mukteshwar, Almora, Ranikhet, Binsar [Car and driver can be
- Go for Kayaking, Angling, Paragliding, Rock
- Visit Mathpal’s Folk Museum, Sat Tal
- Read your own books or from our eclectic
library contributed to by three generations
of book lovers
- Learn about organic farming with Hari,
and baking from Kumkum
- Learn or benefit from homeopathic medicinal treatment from Hari Getting AroundTravel Directions:
Road Route: You can reach Bhimtal by
road from Delhi, Lucknow, Agra and
Train Route: The nearest railway station is
at Haldwani/Kathgodam situated around
27 / 21 kms away from Bhimtal. Either of the
stations acts as a terminus for many
trains. From Delhi: 15013 Ranikhet Express, 15035 Sampark Kranti Express,
and From New Delhi - 12040 New Delhi- Kathgodam Shatabdi
From Kathgodam one can take private taxies as well as buses run by private
operators and by the state government corporation. If required arrangements can be made for pickup at the station. Other Things to NoteOur Veggie Garden:
Depending on the season, you can expect
to feast on the following from our organic
veggie garden: Rainbow chard, Summer /
Winter and Butternut Squash, Tomatoes,
Spring Onions, Parsnips, Beans, Pak Choi,
Lettuce, Peas, Cauliflower, Radish, Turnip,
Cabbage, Peppers, Amaranth, Collard
Greens, Cherry Tomatoes, Coriander,
Parsley, Garlic, Carrot and more!
The fruit offerings include many varieties of
Mango, Guava, Lemon, Lime, Grapes,
Oranges, Leetchi, Walnut, Pomegranate,
Asian Pear, Avocado, Peach, Persimmon.
Our tariff and Cancellation Policies:
- Complimentary : Tea and Snacks on arrival
- Room Charges + Breakfast : 2500 rupees
- No accommodation for domestic help and driver is available but can be arranged on prior request at extra charge in a nearby inn/ hotel.
- Booking will be confirmed on advance payment of 50% via direct transfer / cheque deposit.