The SpacePrivately located on "The Loop" only 2 minutes walk (300m) behind Ohama Beach, this tranquil location is guaranteed to wash away all that Tokyo stress. The ideal place for relaxing, recharging, meditation, yoga, cooking and enjoying a quiet holiday by the seaside.
Nestled on the Kisane valley floor and surrounded by native forest on both sides, you can relax privately in total peace and comfort, but still be only a simple stroll from the beach, cafes, restaurants, canoe rentals, hiking/running and MTB trails, all with no parking hassles.
Our neighbourhood is populated by friendly-to-a-fault local produce growers and young families who value their peace and quiet highly. Therefore, unfortunately it is probably not an appropriate place to visit if you are seeking a place to party or crash after a hard night.
Recently renovated top-to-bottom, this beach house includes:
• native forest views from all rooms
• 5 tatami bedrooms
• wireless internet
• modern sofas and cushions
• new double futons, linen & pillows
• large outdoor lounging or yoga deck, and BBQ
• washing machine & dryer
• 42” TV and Sony Playstation
• secure off-road parking space
• 5 minutes walk from several restaurants
• several bicycles, boogie boards, surfboards & sandboards
• stunning forest hiking trails on your doorstep, and much, much more… Guest AccessGuests will have access to the ocean, the beach, the forest, onsens (natural hot springs), great restaurants, hiking trails, mountain biking, surfing, diving and kayaking, etc.
For the stay-at-home types we offer a 100% exclusively private outdoor deck and lawn area with forest views. The ideal place to relax, stretch out and meditate without fear of interruption from the outside world. Interaction with GuestsOur 100% bilingual Site Manager will be available at all times to assist with operational questions and information about the area. He resides in the neighbouring house with his wife. The NeighborhoodWe love the total exclusion from the outside world which is a great contrast with the hustle and bustle of Tokyo just a couple of hours away.
We also love the array of great restaurants run in a low-key fashion by like-minded people with a focus on quality and friendliness. It's the people that make Shimoda such a wonderful place and long may that continue.
There are some world-class onsens in the neighbourhood too, all waiting to be explored. Getting AroundWe have off-road parking available and plenty of bikes for free use. Although there is a small supermarket and plenty of restaurants within walking distance, we recommend a car to purchase goods from the larger supermarket and to visit the onsens, fish markets, and other beaches and restaurants in the area. Other Things to NoteFASTEST WAY TO SHIMODA BY CAR