The SpaceWe are six sisters and we have been spending our vacations in the family domain of Rolley (300 hectares) since we were kids! Our mother inherited this farm in activity thirty years ago and transformed the dairy into a kitchen, the shed into a living room, the barn into a bedroom ... Took out the chickens and brought us in!
Although it is located along a relatively busy road, the house enjoys a beautiful location on the heights of a plateau, surrounded by fields and meadows. You will enjoy from the living room’s picture window the most beautiful sunsets... as well as horses, a family passion of several generations, grazing a little further...
You will discover during your stay a typical Ardennes countryside, made of woods, fields, meadows, rivers, ponds ... Home to a varied fauna: deers, wild boars, foxes, raptors, herons, egrets and even ... beavers, who built a colony in the Bresses, a softwood belonging to the domain. Their dams have overflowed the river and created a large body of water, giving the Ardennes a little taste of Canada!
At the heart of the estate is the medieval castle of Rolley, where the famous General Patton and McAuliffe stayed during the Battle of the Bulge during World War II (the castle is private, it can be visited during the Heritage days).
Our house is ideal for a vacation with two or three families.
It consists of:
On the ground floor:
- A dining-room and spacious living room with a wood stove to bring you warmth during cold winter evenings,
- A separate TV room,
- A well equipped kitchen (oven, stove, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, blender ...),
- A bedroom : two bunk beds, a single bed (fitted for a person in a wheelchair) with trundle bed and a sink,
- Two separate toilets (one accessible to a person in a wheelchair),
- A shower room (2 showers, one fitted for a person in a wheelchair) with washing machine,
- A baby bed, a baby chair, two chairs for children,
- Duvets for one person throughout, except for three double beds.
- Three bedrooms with 2 single beds that can be joined or left separate, two of them with a sink
- A small room with two bunk beds and a sink,
- A small room with a single bed, a trundle bed and a sink,
- A bathroom with a bath, a toilet and a baby changing table.
The home also has a south-facing terrace, a large garden which is enclosed on the side of the road, a swing, a sandbox, a corner fire / barbecue. You will also appreciate the large barn, which offers a covered play area for children, with two table tennis tables.
The garden is partially surrounded by a fenced meadow where several horses and a donkey usually graze. The living room and terrace overlook the surrounding fields and woods. Guest AccessCôté champs, le jardin est partiellement entouré par une prairie clôturée où se trouvent régulièrement des chevaux et un âne. Interaction with GuestsOn arrival, you will be greeted by Yvonne. She will show you the house and explain to you how everything works. We also gathered ideas in a map for beautiful walks and nice activities to do in the area. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question! The NeighborhoodMany walking or biking paths are possible from the house. It is also an ideal starting point to discover Luxemburg, which is at a stone's throw (E25 nearby).
In the village of Longchamps, 1.5 km from the house, a pony club offers classes, rides and initiations for adults and children from the age of 4.
In Bastogne, located 5-6 km away, you will find all sorts of shops, supermarkets and good restaurants... The city, which was at the center of the battle of the Ardennes in 1944, is also very interesting from a historical point of view (all information at the tourist office). There is also a pool and a small cinema. Getting AroundIt is possible to park up to 5 cars in front of the house. Other Things to NoteRental does not include bed linens and bath towels. Rental of bed linens: 7€/pers. Rent charges (electricity, water and heating) according to consumption. The house is so isolated that there is no possibility of Internet connection other than 3G. You will certainly enjoy disconnecting from the outside world for a few days!