The SpaceNestled in a safe, quiet, GATED community on a hill at 5,100 feet, overlooking Lake Chapala, our home is warm, colorful, close to the clubhouse, pool, tennis court & other amenities. We only rent by the month, minimum, per association rules and include utilities, weekly gardener & maid service in the rate shown.
The house has an open roomy layout, with lots of light. The living room/dining room has large sliding doors, which open up to the covered terrace overlooking the garden. When all of the sliding doors are open, you feel like you are living in the garden. The chairs and sofas are informal, comfortable and relaxing. Great place to entertain.
The master bedroom has a king bed and nice bathroom with a walk-in closet. The guest bedroom has a king bed, a walk-in closet and a separate bathroom. The bedrooms are well separated, giving lots of privacy for each couple.
There is a small den with a TV, printer, DVDs, etc. Outside the den is a sunroom with a single sofa-bed. The kitchen is full with everything you need to cook all of your meals, even though you can walk to various restaurants in about 15 minutes (or a five minute drive in the golf cart!).
On top of the roof is a mirador, which has lovely views of the mountains and lake.
What we love most about the idyllic village of Ajijic
- we feel very safe and secure
- it is a vibrant international community comprised of writers, artists, teachers, doctors, musicians, etc.
- cobblestone streets, with a mix of traffic: golf-carts, horses, bikes, cars and trucks
- access to excellent medical care and doctors and dentists who speak English
- moderate weather (in winter, 65-78F, and summer, 80-90F and dry )
- not touristy, no resorts and yet many quaint shops
- cultural activities (art shows, concerts, indigenous handicrafts, organic food markets, etc.)
- informal way-of-life and friendly atmosphere
- colorful homes and shops
- warmth and acceptance from the wonderful Mexican people
- expats, from "up North" and Europe, who reach out and initiate whatever is called for.
- Ajijic attracts adventuresome, interesting people
- many first class restaurants, yet cost of living is reasonable
- the many activities ... bird watching, hiking, kayaking, music, mineral baths, small live theater, movie theaters, bridge groups, garden club, etc.
This is a wonderful place to relax, feel safe in Mexico and enjoy the 2nd best weather in the world! Ajijic is a great place for people to escape hot humid climates in the summer.
If you are interested, please e-mail us and we will put you in touch with our house manager, Georgina Russell.
Guest Access a great, safe community. New activities include bocce ball and croquet. Interaction with GuestsWe will not be there but our house manager lives four houses away. The NeighborhoodLocated in Riviera Alta, Ajijic. For more pictures see the community website: (URL HIDDEN) Getting AroundThe renter can rent our golf cart or there are carts to rent in town. It is a mile to town, but very walkable. Also taxis are available. Once down the hill, there are many buses. Other Things to NoteSunsets from the roof top terrace can be incredible. San Juan Cosala, 6 km away, offers amazing mineral baths, hot tubs, massages and herbal treatments.
Farmers markets with organic foods and gluten-free foods available.
Concerts are often presented in town, plus there's a chartered bus to take people to the opera or symphony in Guadalajara.
There's an avid group of bird-watchers, as well as kayakers and little theater enthusiasts.