The SpaceMy farm is at Hunter, just off Highway One
210 hectares of land, fed by wind, rain and sun
Over 500 sheep and 90 plus cows
Provide some of the work for a few of the hours
Cooking and creating are also included
And driving the quad bike it won’t be excluded
Fresh eggs, milk and bread are always provided
And vegetables as well, just digging required
Rustic, eco and friendly is your stay in a shed
The pictures below kitchen, living room and bed
So add to these pictures your personality and time
Washed down with music, conversation and wine
Just call me and visit, I assure you of fun
My home it’s at Hunter, just off Highway One
About the Shed and Breakfast:
From the outside, the unit looks like just that. A shed. But never judge a book by its cover...Inside, the space has been transformed into a self-contained unit with a split level, open floor plan. The private space includes a bedroom, lounge, reading nook, breakfast bar, and kitchenette. The bedroom has a queen size bed that sleeps two, and the lounge can sleep three (the reading nook converts into a double bed and there is also a single futon).
Mornings on the Farm:
The sun rises just outside the large windows in the bedroom, flooding the room with early sun. Mornings, especially in the spring can be lively. The birds wake up with the dawn and start their frenzy of nest making and feeding outside the shed. Also, farming activities start early so do not be surprised to hear the quad bike running around the property at early hours! Guests, however, are welcome to sleep in as late as they want to.
The Main House:
Guest are welcome to spend as much time as they want in the main house. This is where the TV, and full kitchen are located. Guest AccessFree Wi-Fi Access.
Kitchenette in unit.
Guests also have full access to the kitchen at the main house.
TV is available at the main house.
Plenty of New Zealand Fresh Air and Sunshine is everywhere! Interaction with GuestsHunter Hills organics is a certified organic sheep, beef and cropping farm. Guests are welcome to participate in farming activities during their stay.
Farm activities may include:
- Helping milk Tulu the cow
- Learning how to make raw milk, organic cheese
- Harvesting fresh, organic veggies from the vegetable garden
- Herding sheep on the quad bike
- Collecting eggs with the working dogs, Pup and Barley
- Naming lambs and calves in the spring
- Watching David shear a sheep in five minutes, and also have a go
- Sharing stories, recipes, and music The NeighborhoodHunter Hills Organics is a 210 hectare, farm only 30 minutes' drive south of Timaru. The closest neighbors are several kilometers away. Getting AroundGuests generally will need a vehicle to get to the property. There is no public transport. However if you do need picked up from Timaru this can be arranged. Once on the farm, guests are welcome to cruise around on the quad bike, take strolls along the creek with the ewes, or walk out to the Blue Gum forest to collect eggs. Waimate is the closest town, about 20 minutes drive. Other Things to NoteThe shower at the Shed and Breakfast use to take 10 minutes to heat up. However a new hot water system has recently been installed providing instantaneous hot water.