The Space- There are only two guestrooms to rent. Both are located on the second floor, connected by a covered terrace. They are rented out separately on Airbnb, but the setup is ideal for two couples or singles travelling together and looking for semi-private place to stay.
- The rooms are spacious and airy and have a private bathroom. There is no air-conditioning, but natural ventilation and a good fan keep the rooms cool enough. The rooms have no hot water, but in this tropical climate for sure you will enjoy a fresh shower. Interaction with GuestsThe house is shared with the host and is big enough to have some privacy. My and my dog do enjoy the interaction with guests though :-). I can also book tours or shuttles for you and give information about activities and trips, restaurants, shops, services and other locations in Panama. The NeighborhoodSanta Catalina is a little fishing and beach town on the pacific coast of Panama. It's a a paradise for people who like the ocean and watersports. Santa Catalina has great surfing for beginners to pros almost year-round. It is also the most convenient location for trips to Coiba National Park, which offers some of the best marine life and diving/snorkling/birdwatching in Central America. Other activities: fishing trips, SUP, yoga, walking trails, horseriding, visits to nearby authentic villages, trips to Isla Cebaco/Isla Gobernadora, kite surfing, ...
Santa Catalina is so far not very developed and has very little nightlife, but has a few good national and international restaurants (fresh seafood, great pizza options, tapas, ...).
Casalina is centrally located 500m from the town center, between several beaches and the main surf spots. Getting AroundGetting to Santa Catalina:
- Buses depart from Albrook Bus Terminal in Panama City to Sona at 8:20am, 10:20am, 12:45pm, 2:20pm and 4:20pm. This takes about 4,5- 5 hours. The 8:20 bus gives the best connection to Santa Catalina.
- The busride Sona - Santa Catalina takes about 1,5 hours. This is the timetable:
Sona to Santa Catalina: 5:30AM, 8:40AM (not on sunday), 11:20AM, 1:30PM, 2:40PM(not on sunday), 4:45PM
Santa Catalina to Sona: 6:15AM (not on sunday), 7:00AM, 8:00AM, 10:45AM (not on sunday), 1:15PM, 3:30PM
- If you come by car: there is (limited) parking space on the property Other Things to Note- There is no ATM machine in Santa Catalina. The closest one is in Sona. It's advisable to bring enough cash.
- The internet in Santa Catalina is slow and expensive. Casalina has WIFI to share between guests. Please use the WIFI wisely and with moderation (no downloading or streaming). Buy your SIM card and data if you will need lots of data. Ask host for more details.
- Santa Catalina has two little supermarkets. Fruit and vegetable trucks visit town almost every day. If you have special requirements it is advisable to stock up in the city of Santiago.