The SpaceYou will see it by yourself; the best space on Mactan Island ! Guest AccessThe main house plus separate guest house, private garden and swimming pool. All for yourself
We also have an entertainment room for Karaoke system and a roof top bar with seaviews and mountain views Interaction with GuestsJane is our living in housekeeper. She is very trustworthy and with us since 2010. Jane will keep the house tidy and clean and this is included in the cleaning fee of Php 4000
Jane is not cooking. She can do groceries for you though if your give her a clear shopping list.
Arrangements can made if you want Jane to wash your cloths during your stay for an additional cost of PHP 300 per wash (incl folding, no ironing)
You can contact us ( Metos and Frans) anytime via Jane. The NeighborhoodThere are plenty of beach resorts close to our house.
- walking distance is the Sand Bar. A huge resort split in two . Large Swimming pools with slides . Good restaurants as well. Out of the gate cross the street, Go right and take the first street left, and walk for approx 600 metres. Resort is on your right hand side
- approx 5 mnts by taxi are the Pacific Cebu And Cebu Marine.
- Coral Reef is a nice place too; go right outside the gate and at Cordova crossing take a left. You pass the police station and fire station. At the end of the road, close to the water at your right is the resort.
- towards Maribago are the Maribago Blue Water resort and the J- Park Resort, a huge water park great for Day out for kids ( day package incl lunch buffet). This takes about 15 mnts by taxi
- high end resorts are the Movenpick ( ex Hilton) , Shangri La and Crimson resort and Plantation Bay. They are approx 10 km ir 15 mnts from the house to the direction of Mactan New Town. Plantation Bay is close to the house, approx 10 mnts by taxi in direction of Marigondon crossing turn right.
All these resorts offer day use against a fee, which can in most cases be offset against food and drinks.
About 1 km left out from the gate, towards Maragondon crossing is a place where you can rent small quad bikes for PHP 400 p/p for 3 rounds
There are 2 local shopping Malls, one close to our house , the Gaisano in Cordova and Gaisano on Marigondon Getting AroundDirections from Mactam Airport:
Our house is located in The barangy ( Neighbourhood) ) Gabi / Cordova. Sub division is called "Golden Meadows " and is managed by the well known Santa Lucia property development company.
Coming from the Maragondon crossing take a right to the direction of Cordova. It is approx 2km and on your right is the sub division Goldin Meadows. Entrance of the gate is opposite a small Italian / Swiss restaurant.
From the other side , via the Cordova crossing, take a left and after approx 1 km , the Golden Meadows is in your left.
There is a gate and a guard house. After the gate, take the first left and after that, the first right ( Dakota Street). The house is the first on the left and clearly stands out due to the yellow colour ( there is no house number).
If you need a taxi, please ask our house keeper well in advance and she can book a taxi for you Other Things to NoteRestaurants :
Opposite the gate is a good swiss / italian restaurant
Their is a nice resort close to our house ( Best Western / Sand Bar) which has 2 good restaurants ( 15 mnts walk)
There are a number of Japanese and Korean restaurants in the area of the J-park hotel. All on the main road
Its about 15 mnts by taxi
Our local favorite is the floating restaurant "Lantau" in Cordova. Outside the gate takena right and go all the way straight until you cant go any further. About 10 mnts by car
Best / romantic restaurant in Mactan is in Shangri La, please ask for the one which is at the water front
Plently of choice in all resorts; Blue Water, Plantation Bay, pacific cebu, cebu marine, movenpick, cordova village, coral reef
For those who cant life without it: there is a Mc Donalds in Mactan New Town and one in direction of the new bridge.
There is one Golf course on Mactan. A rather boring course on the old airport in the midst of a military camp !
There are 3 great courses on the main land:
1) Alta Vista (in Pardo (great sea views). At least 2 hours drive ( one way)
2) Banilad Country Club, most upmarket course in midst of Cebu city. About an hour
3) Alegrea in the North. About 3 hours one way !
There are a couple of shooting ranges around in the neighbourhood
Scubadiving and snorkling
All resorts offer diving and snorking trips
Close to our house their is a place where you can drive quads on a private compound. Quite run down but for php 400 you can drive 3 rounds . Take a left from the gate and after approx 700 meters on the left is "Pang Pang" next to a kind of museum
There are nunerous massage shops in Mactan. Most of them are in the area of the J Park resort. Close to our house is "Raf Raf". They also do home service . Please make a reservation way in advance. Jane can help out
The J-Park resort has a small casino