The Space- My home and the village are at the centre of event and courses organized by association Joseph: a bunch of lovers of earth and good company (check below for calendar 2015)
- There is one kitchen which, at the same time, is dining and living room, with a 100 year old oven (ideal for cooking bread and pizza)
- Bed room is shared (one double room + 1 single bed + 1 pull out bed); then, in the kitchen/living room, you can have an additional bed transforming the sofa into a bed
- There is one small bathroom with shower, bidet, basin, washing machine, boiler which distributes hot water in the entire house
- From the balcony, you will get a marvelous sunny view of mount Volnik (Lanaro in Italian) which, by the way, draws the border between Slovenia and Italy.
- You can use the courtyard which is walled by romantic old walls, an old walnut tree, the view towards south, the valley and mount Volnik
- The house is seat of our small center for education and promotion of the culture of Karst; we organise practical courses in gardening in the fields of the village, provide land allotments to people and organise guided visits to the best farms of Karst, both in Slovenia and in Italy
CALENDAR OF EVENTS FOR JUNE AND JULY 2015
MEET THE SHEPERD - Saturday 20 June, h.15, in Ceroglie, at the Antonic's Farm. Trekking will last one hour and we will accompany the shepherd and the sheeps. Then we'll be back at the farm and we'll milk the sheeps. Then, great finale: tasting the sheep cheese!
IN THE LAVANDER FIELDS OF KARST - Sunday 5 July, h. 9.30. Lavender fields are the result of the Arandjelović family, a work that Tanja Arandjelović herself will explain to us. In addition, you can touch and experience the thousands of lavender plants and you will be invited to a small laboratory to prepare a lip-balm with lavender oil.
HARVEST OF WHEAT - Friday 17 July, h. 16 (to be confirmed) in Pliskovica, our fields. We'll harvest the ancient wheat we saw in November ! Guest Access- You can freely help yourself with the herbs growing in the garden: rosemary, savoury, sage, melissa, mint, coriander, thyme, calendula...
- 500 meters away from the house, at the local Youth Hostel, you can get free internet (where is located a bar, by the way)
- 300 meters away there is the local shop with fresh bread, food, soap, detergents, etc. (open monday-saturday in the morning)
Interaction with Guests- I am available for guiding you in the local farms of Pliskovica and the rest of Karst (in Slovenia and in Italy). I have specialised knowledge of organic and biodinamic farms, plus I can provide you hints and tips for trekking, cycling, things to do in the area, in Triest and in Istria.
- (Only) once a month, (only) during lunch-time of week-ends the courtyard and the kitchen are shared with the people of our courses in gardening... if you like or dislike this and want to know more, just write me! The NeighborhoodThere is plenty of farmers in the village, one beekeeper, two artisans, the beautiful hostel renovated caring for its 200-year old local architecture Other Things to NoteHair-dryer, clean linens and towels are included!
Pleas note that during winter:
- heating is an additional cost! The house has a pellet stove. In one day, it will consume about 1 or 2 pellet bags (15 kg, about 4 euros per bag);
- when wind is strong, you may feel it a bit in the house which is not perfectly isolated (ancient and romantic, but not perfect!)