Chez James is a modern self-catering apartment for two, situated 150 m from the beach in the seaside village of Yzerfontein, which lies 85 km north of Cape Town on the R27. Snuggled between Cape Town and Langebaan, Yzerfontein is the perfect base from which to explore the many attractions of the Cape West Coast.
Yzerfontein is known for its unique 16 Mile Beach, the longest uninterrupted sandy beach on the South African coastline, stretching north of the main beach, to the West Coast National Park near Langebaan. Yzerfontein is best described as a beach paradise where warm, lazy days stretch into long, pleasurable evenings. It is here that rest and relaxation and adventure abound in equal proportions.
The bay is the annual spring time destination for Southern Right Whales, from August to November, who find their way down from the cold Antarctic to calve. Visitors can view these magnificent mammals frolicking close to shore. Dassen Island is situated about 10 km west of Yzerfontein. The island is a proclaimed nature reserve and is the biggest island off South Africa's west coast.
Chez James is a modern, self-catering holiday apartment accommodating two people with stunning sea view, situated a 150 metres from the beach. It has a lounge, an open plan kitchen and a separate bedroom with shower en suite. The apartment features a fully equipped kitchen with fridge/freezer, hob, oven and microwave combo, and a flat-screen TV with satellite reception.
A range of English and German books are also available.
A large deck invites you to relax in the sun while enjoying the unspoilt views of the sea and Dassen Island, along with Table Mountain in the distance.
The apartment has its own private entrance with secure parking.
Things to do:
- There are numerous restaurants and coffee shops in the village of Yzerfontein, one of them within 200m of Chez James ((website: hidden))
- Enjoy beachcombing, whale and dolphin watching, bird watching, mountain biking, scenic drives and day tours, as well as hiking and water sports such as skiing, sailing, surfing and angling. The info office is on the R315 at the Yzerfontein turn-off.
- The West Coast National Park is 20 km away ((website: hidden))
- Private Game and Nature Reserves with an abundance of game within a radius of 30 km can be visited ((website: hidden))
- !Khwa ttu – explore the San or Bushmen cultures ((website: hidden))
- The town of Darling featuring Pieter-Dirk Uis’ ‘Evita se Perron’ and many other sightseeing attractions, is 23 km away ((website: hidden), )
- Visit Club Mykonos in Langebaan and do a bit of gambling at the Casino ((website: hidden))
- Take a day trip to an abundance of wine farms in the area, or the Cedarberg Mountains or even do the Tulbagh Wine Route which has more than 10 wine estates to explore ((website: hidden), , , )