The SpaceThe hotel property itself is a 30 acre plantation of Rubber, Coconut, Cinnamon and Black Pepper. The villa is surrounded by nature and is a habitat for rare local and migrant birds, butterflies and a plethora of tropical flora and fauna. We have an outdoor space where yoga and meditation classes are conducted in the morning under the trees and at night lit up by oil lamps. We specialize in Ayurveda which is an ancient art of healing the body and mind through nutrition, relaxation and herbal treatments.
Our Ayurvedic doctors and senior therapists have over 15 years experience. We work with qualified coaches, healers, meditation masters, clinical psychologists, yoga instructors and teacher trainers from around the world; tailoring retreats to fill a much needed gap in the world of wellness and offering visitors a truly holistic opportunity to completely recoup and rejuvenate. Body, Mind and Spirit.
We follow a 'farm to plate' policy where the majority of food served to you comes from our own organic gardens. The hotel gardens consist of a paddy field as well as an organic vegetable / fruit spice and herb garden. Guests are invited to join in the paddy harvesting and fruit / vegetable and spice picking during their stay. With cookery demonstrations offered to those guests who are interested.
As a Sri Lankan Wellness Retreat set in a rural community, we offer a different experience to the standard tourist hotels and resorts. It offers a sense of loving kindness to those who want to escape the daily rat race of life, to help reconnect with themselves and focus on their inner happiness. A place where life in nature, fresh air, nutrition and herbal medicines combined with mindfulness techniques of yoga and meditation with personalised service offer a haven for guests to relax in and focus on their well-being. The hotel enjoys fabulous guest reviews and is focused on offering a personalised service to all who stay with us. As an Eco-friendly hotel we work tirelessly for the sustainment of our environment and the village people. The hotel employs local staff and funds numerous village community establishments such as the village temples and schools. Guest AccessRate is for two people sharing a standard double / twin room during low season on full board basis.
The converted villa consists of 8 private ensuite rooms:
2 Twin Rooms
4 Double Rooms
2 Suite Rooms
All rooms include:
- Double Bed (except Twin)
- W/C and shower (Suite Rooms include a bath tub)
- Hot water
- Air Conditioning
- Essential cosmetics (eg Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower Gel, Soap)
Guests staying with us can enjoy:
1) Ayurvedic Treatments
2) Cooking lessons
3) Yoga lessons
4) Meditation lessons
7) Watching Rice being harvested (during season)
8) Picking fruits and vegetables from our organic estate
9) Watching Rubber tapping in our estate
10) Walks around plantation and local area
11) Day trips to local places of interest organised
12) Detoxification, Weight Loss and Relaxation packages available at additional cost per person per night Interaction with GuestsGuest are invited to walk around the hotel gardens to see how their food is grown and attend cooking lessons and learn how to make your favourite Ayurvedic dishes and also to witness some village activities such as paddy harvesting, fruit picking or visiting the local school. The NeighborhoodWe are situated in a small village with a few village shops, a temple, two schools and lots of paddy fields, tea and rubber plantations. Our hotel supports and fund the local temple and schools so guests are welcome to visit these places. Some of our guests even went in to do some English lessons! Its a very safe and unspoilt neighborhood. Getting AroundThere is public transport to Kalutara town or a bus to near the highway exit. Guests will have to take a tuk tuk from there as our village doesn't have public transport yet! You can drive to us and there is free parking at our hotel. We can also arrange to pick you up if you give us your pick up details. Other Things to NoteWe offer solo occupancy rate and long stay discounts. Anything over 9 nights is considered long stay.
Rates are dependent on season & availability of room type.
If you have any questions, get in touch, we will be happy to help!
Please note our place is a totally relaxing environment and very different to staying at a home or hotel in a city or at a standard tourist strip. This in itself is the main attraction about our place that guests love. Its an unspoilt experience into rural Sri Lankan life.