The SpaceSmall one-bedroom home, well suited for short as well as long stays. Just two blocks from downtown Redlands, so you can easily walk to restaurants, coffee shops, bars and farmers' markets, and even to a movie theater and the occasional live music performance.
If you wish to cook some of your meals during your stay, the unit has a full kitchen equipped with stove, microwave, refrigerator, oven, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker, George Foreman grill, and basics such as pots and pans, silverware, etc.
The living room and bedroom are fully furnished.. please view the photos to get a better idea of what the unit feels like. It is very comfortable and livable. Wall mounted 32" TV with over one hundred channels including several movie channels.
Note: If you are a party of 3.. the bedroom sleeps 2 people (on a comfortable Queen sized bed). The living room can sleep a third person on a twin sized sofa-bed. However, the only access to the bathroom is through the bedroom, and some people might find that slightly inconvenient.. so please consider that if you make a reservation for 3, especially for longer stays.
This one-bedroom space is one-half of a duplex property - the house you see in the picture is divided into two independent parts, each with its own kitchen, bathroom and independent entry. Guest Access- In addition to the unit itself, there is a laundry room on the property with a washer and dryer that guests are welcome to use.
- Free street parking is available - there are usually plenty of spaces available and there are no time limits, so you can leave your vehicle parked for your entire stay if you need to. Interaction with GuestsWe live on the other half of the same property, so we are are usually available if our guests need help with anything. We know many good places to eat and drink within walking distance of the property, as well as elsewhere in Redlands and Southern California, and are happy to offer suggestions. The NeighborhoodThis is one of the older, charming neighborhoods in Redlands, and the street has single family homes and duplexes.
The home is walking distance (i.e. less than half a mile) to:
- Several good restaurants and bars, and excellent locally owned/artisanal coffee shops.
- Grocery stores, Farmers markets (Thu evenings and Sat mornings)
- Redlands Public Library
- Redlands Bowl, with its live summer concert series which is free and open to the public
- You can run/bike up a slight hill to beautiful Prospect Park (~1.25 miles away), or a little further to Caroline Park. Getting Around- Unless you are just walking up to downtown, the easiest way to get around is by your own car or Uber.
- Local bus schedules can be found on the Omnitrans website. It can be useful for getting around Redlands or to nearby towns such as Loma Linda.
- Metrolink train service towards Los Angeles and Orange County is available from the San Bernardino station, which is about 10 miles away.
- Within an hour's drive from Redlands are Big Bear Lake (up in the mountains), Joshua Tree National Park (out East in the desert) and beaches (out West towards Los Angeles and Orange County). Other Things to Note- We have a dog named Bruce, a Great Pyrenees, 1 year old (as of November 2015). He stays in the fenced and gated backyard, so you won't run into him (access to the backyard is NOT included with your booking). He is usually friendly with strangers but nevertheless please do not approach him when we are not present. Bruce is trained not to bark at night and sleeps quietly, but if you are an extremely light sleeper (such that even an isolated bark would wake you up), then you might want to consider that before booking. If you would like to meet Bruce, please let us know and we will be happy to facilitate that : ) For those of you that suffer from pet allergies: Bruce has never had access to this unit, so your risk of exposure will probably be very minimal.
- Guests without verified ID on Airbnb are respectfully required to provide photo Id (driver license/passport) at the time of check-in.
- This property is a duplex house, which means that the house is divided into two independent parts. This listing is for one half of the house, which has the floor plan of a one bedroom apartment - it does share a wall with the other half which is where we live. So, you will not be renting the entire property, but you will still have your own independent home (including independent entry).
The street does not have any apartment complexes - they are all single family homes or duplexes.