The SpacePart of what makes this listing unique is us as your hosts! Anyone can furnish you with a place to lay your head at night, but what separates the memorable vacations from the mediocre ones, are hosts who know how to create the perfect environment that allows you to enjoy all the comforts of home, plus "insider" recommendations on local hot-spots to eat and drink, and much more! Our reviews let you know that we go above and beyond to make sure our guests have an incredible time here! Guest AccessAt any time, day or night, you have access to:
* A spacious and bright full kitchen, including walk-in pantry and designated fridge space.
* One full guest bathroom and shower, PLUS a shared half bath by the kitchen and dining area!
* Dining room including a large table with seating for up to 8!
* HUGE living room and library featuring a nice fireplace, with an additional table that seats 4, two ultra-comfortable matching real leather electric recliners, a 3-person couch, and a cute reading nook!
* A loft area full of natural light, and plenty of places to sit or curl up with a book and take a nice mid-afternoon nap! Interaction with GuestsWe allow our guests to determine how much interaction they want. We're happy to simply greet you, give you the basic information you need (WiFi password and a quick tour) and set you loose... or, we can help you navigate your entire San Diego experience, from suggestions on the best places to eat and best beaches to visit, to showing you our favorite near-by hiking trails, all with a personal and friendly touch. The NeighborhoodDictionary Hill in Spring Valley is one of the best spots in San Diego for vacationing for several reasons! Not only is there plenty of breathtaking views of nature, plus shopping centers, and fun attractions, but it's WAAAAYYYY more affordable than the areas right by the coast, all while being still just 15-20 minutes from all the most desirable hot-spots like Mission Valley, downtown's historic gas-lamp district, and the beach! Getting AroundYes, Spring Valley has plenty of very close and convenient public transit near-by, however right here on the very top of Dictionary Hill itself, there aren't any bus or trolley stops. For that reason we recommend that guests have vehicle access, whether that's via cab services like Uber or Lyft, or rental car companies like Car2Go, or just your own vehicle. Other Things to NoteYou'll enjoy total security, day or night, because our home is in a very safe location, somewhat "off the beaten path" and your private room has it's own keys. You can leave your valuables and laptop computer in the room, without a second thought! :)
Key Words: Romantic, Value, Quality, Away From It All, Tourist Attractions, Adventure, 3 day weekend, Spa, Budget, Heating, Linens Provided, Towels Provided, Environmentally friendly, SeaWorld, Free Parking, Get-Away, Vacation, Day Trip, Foodies, children welcome, Family, relatives, friends, roommates, Parents, Students, Student Housing, Affordable, Time Off, Chauffeur, grill, bbq, Cooking, Hosts, Spirit-Filled, Working Out, 24 Hour Fitness, Costco, Investor, Realtor, Real Estate, High Walk Score, Fun, Easy-Going, Organic local fresh fruits and vegetables, Bike Path, Bike Trail, Jogging, Running, Walking, Breakfast, Pastries, Turn Down Service, Hospitality, Digital, Medical, Science, Out Patient, Detox, Rehabilitation, Country Club, Business, Program, Traveling, Lodging, Couch Surfing, Car-to-Go, Ethernet Cable, Closet Space, Storage, Borrow, Rent, Shops, Windows, Basic, Upgraded, Washer Dryer, Laundry, Ventilation, First Floor, Split-Level, Rates/Price Negotiable – slightly, Holiday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Christmas Eve, New Years, January 1st, Valentine’s Day, Saint Patrick’s Day, Cinco de Mayo, July 4th, week, month, visiting, quiet, privacy, tourists, bed n breakfast, good reviews, couples, gourmet, convenient, grocery store, shopping center, low crime area, clean, good air quality, bonfire,
Entertainment: Television, Chrome Cast, DVR, flat screen, built-in DVD player, internet connection, WiFi, Wireless Access Point, Strong Signal, 5 bar reception coverage,
Attractions: Festivals, museums, recreation center, botanical garden, nude beach, theme parks, water parks, SeaWorld, library, restaurants, playground, winery tours, autumn foliage, churches, bay, marina, harbor, cinemas, pond, churches, synagogues, zoo, duty free shops, live theater, Full Moon Hornblower Dinner Cruise, stand up comedy at the Comedy Store or American Comedy Company, ballet,
Events: Comic Con 2015, Bridal Bazaar, Bridal Expo, Rock n Roll Marathon, Rock and Roll Half Marathon, Street Scene, Adams Avenue Street Fair, Del Mar Opening Day, Horse Races, Restaurant Week, Circus, PGA open golf tournament, December Nights/Christmas on the Prado, San Diego Crew Classic, Regatta, San Diego Bay Wine and Food Festival, Dixieland Jazz Festival, Latino Film Festival, Asian Film Festival, Jewish Film Festival, Marti Gras, Indie Music Fest, Independence Jam, Wrex the Halls, X-fest, Ironman Triathlon, Lakeside Rodeo, Coronado Flower Show, Earth Fair, Bob Marley Day, Roots and Folk Festival, Art Walk, Kettner Nights, Wings Over Gillespie Air Show, Sicilian Festival, The Old Globe Theatre’s Summer Shakespeare Festival, Julian Star Fest, Body Surfing Championships, Pacific Islander Festival, Miramar Air Show, street painting, Oktoberfest, Parade of Lights, San Diego Symphony Quartet, Lecture and Tour series, Ray at Night,
Leisure Activities: bird watching, horseshoes, sightseeing, sunsets, window shopping, walking, photography, eco-tourism, over the line, horseback riding, paddle boating, antiquing, scenic drives, outlet shopping, whale watching, beachcombing, farmer’s markets, car shows, open mic, dance, comedy troupe, Old town scavenger hunt adventure,
Local Services & Businesses: bank, hospital, medical services, day spa, massage therapist, groceries, Babysitter, child care, fitness center, Laundromat, boutiques, restaurants, markets, bar and grill, fine dining, wine, breweries,
Sports & Adventure Activities nearby: fly fishing, water skiing, deepsea fishing, paragliding, sky diving, hiking, roller blading, snorkeling, surfing, sailing, mountain biking, golf privileges, wind-surfing, tennis, cycling, sound/bay fishing, hunting, water tubing, equestrian events, horseback riding, playground, jungle gym, basketball court, swimming, wine tasting, ice skating, skate park, skating by the sea, golf, golf course, pier fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling, Qualcomm Stadium, PetCo Park, Padres games, Chargers game, Aztec football, Bolts, Viejas Arena,
Areas nearby: La Jolla, University of California San Diego, UCSD, Bird Rock, Wind and Sea, Pacific Beach, PB, Mission Beach, Mission Bay, Point Loma, OB, Spanish Landing Harbor Island, Old Town, Banker's Hill, Little Italy, Park West, Mission Hills, Hillcrest, Uptown, Downtown, Gaslamp Quarter, SeaPort Village, Golden Hill, North Park, South Park, University City, University Heights, Normal Heights, Claremont, Morena Blvd, Fiesta Island, Marina Village Conference and Wedding Center, Kearny Mesa, Serra Mesa, Linda Vista, University of San Diego, USD, Kensington, City Heights, Logan, Mesa College, Chula Vista, Paradise Hills, Bonita, Mira Mesa, Carmel Mountain, La Mesa, Lemon Grove, El Cajon, Santee, Lakeside, Del Cerro, College Area, Jamul,
This is the place you've been looking for. The kind of place that provides you with everything from a fully-stocked kitchen, a library/lounge, a loft/office area, and a beautiful deck with lake views! It's safe, clean, relaxing, semi-private, and most all, comfortable and extremely affordable. So whether you want to veg out all day watching TV and using wifi to listen to music, or go out there and create some amazing memories you’ll never forget, "The Sanctuary Spring Valley" is the place to do it. Your hosts are experienced and friendly BnB hosts who are at your service, with everything from suggestions on local highlights and hot-spots, to offering 'shuttle' and airport pickup services at less than taxicab rates. If you have any question, just ask. We answer all our guest's inquiries promptly. The vacation or business trip of your dreams is just a click away!