The room is currently unavailable. Thanks for your interest!
The room is colorful and large. There is a full-size bathroom with a shower and separate tub down the hall.
The outside is the GEM! In the backyard, there is an outdoor GAS BBQ, copper sink, frig, and breath-taking GAS FIREPIT which will keep you super warm even in 20 degree weather! There is also a TV on the upper patio. The upper patio (w/firepit) overlooks the MT. DIABLO HILLS. It is great for entertaining and there are plenty of electrical outlets to plug in your music, etc. The fountains, birdbaths & gardens make it a relaxing, resort-like atmosphere. There are many beautiful trees, grapevines, playful squirrels, occasional deer, and lots of blooming flowers throughout the Spring/Summer in the large yard. Please pick & enjoy whatever is growing in the yard at the time!
There is internet access, plenty of parking (even an RV), full use of the kitchen, as well as the outdoor BBQ, stove tops, frig, & sinks.
The nearby OPEN SPACE area is great for Hiking, Biking, Running, & Wildlife exploring. Love it! There are free public TENNIS COURTS + a nice PARK down the street. There are also public golf courses in the area & I have one set of GOLF CLUBS that you can use for $3 a day.
This is the PERFECT HOUSE for visiting the BAY AREA b/c it is:
- 27 miles from San Francisco,
- a 5 min. drive to BART (public transportation to SF),
- a 40 min. drive to Napa Valley (wine country),
- & a 5 min. drive to downtown Walnut Creek!
WALNUT CREEK itself is a MUST-SEE City!!!
-GREAT RESTAURANTS: Va de Vi, Massimo, Cheesecake Factory, Standford's, etc.;
-THEATERS: Lesher Center and the outdoor CA Shakespeare Theater in Orinda;
-SHOPPING: Tiffany & Co, Coach, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom's, Pottery Barn, William Sonoma, & unique boutiques;
-& STREET FAIRS and Art & Wine FESTIVALS often!!!
I will have a list of restaurants & directions to a couple of the trail heads to the Open Space area when you arrive.
Upon request, your dog will be considered as a guest for an extra fee of $10 per night. I love dogs but prefer to discuss beforehand. Thank you!
Guest Access: You are welcome to use the living room, kitchen, and all of the outdoor area amenities (hottub, bbq, fire pits, tv, stove tops, pizza oven, etc).
Interaction with Guests: You choose! You can always knock on my door with questions or join me by the fire pit, bbq, or hottub.
The Neighborhood: Extremely safe, full of trees, bus transportation just outside our house, hiking/biking/running trails everywhere, & the neighbors are friendly!!!!!
Getting Around: It is best to have a car, but the County Connection No. 2 bus will take you to BART and downtown Walnut Creek weekdays. You can also Uber to get a ride to downtown every day!
Other Things to Note:
1. Booking for a 3rd person for an extra $20 a night will get you a full 2nd Room with a twin bed.
2. This is the perfect place for traveling nurses working in the Bay Area!!! Several have stayed here!
3. I have a very respectful roommate who is rarely here.
1. You will be given a REMOTE control for the gate when you arrive. Please leave it ONLY in one of these 2 locations: (a) the brick MAILBOX (which has a lock on it); or (b) YOUR ROOM when you leave.
2. Please squeegy down the shower after use with the squeegy provided.
3. NO smoking.
4. Please have your dog do its business on the mulch (not the grass) & pick up after it.
5. Please do NOT pull on hanging pulleys/chains on the fans. USE the SWITCHES on the wall for the lights and fans. Unfortunately, I have had to replace 2 fans b/c of people pulling too hard on the pulleys/chains and breaking and/or burning out the motor.
THANK YOU SO MUCH and ENJOY YOUR STAY!
We live in a safe neighborhood with a beautiful entrance gate in Walnut Creek. Our house is set back from the street so it is quiet, peaceful, & offers lots of privacy/relaxation. Our street is lined with lots of trees & there are tennis courts and a nice park down the street. Our house is just a half mile from the Open Space trails to walk, run, or ride your bike. The Walnut Creek BART station is easy to access for traveling to San Francisco & all other parts of the Bay Area.
We are: (1) 27 miles from San Francisco; (2) a 5 min. drive to BART (public transportation to SF); (3) a 40 min. drive to Napa Valley/Sonoma (wine country); (4) a 5 min. drive to downtown Walnut Creek. Walnut Creek has:
-GREAT RESTARAUNTS: Va de Vi, Massimo, Cheesecake Factory, Standford's, 1515 Restaurant, etc.;
-THEATERS: Lesher Center in WC & the outdoor CA Shakespeare Theater in Orinda;
-SHOPPING: Tiffany & Co, Coach, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom's, Pottery Barn, William Sonoma, Apple Store, unique boutiques, etc.;
-STREET FAIRS and Art & Wine FESTIVALS often!!!
The No. 2 bus outside our house will take you to BART & downtown Walnut Creek weekdays.