The SpaceThis rental is a modernized, fully renovated basement unit. The bedroom has a queen bed, and the living room has a pull-out sofa.
The bedroom has an emergency exit (egress window) for safety.
Save money on dining by using in our fully-equipped kitchen, including refrigerator, 2-burner portable cooktop, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, dishes & silverware. We provide organic coffee, tea, sugar and creamer.
Lounge on the couch with the 42" HD television (HDMI hookup), or challenge a friend to a game of pool, air hockey, or ping pong!
High speed wi-fi internet. Guest AccessGuests have their own entrance to the basement unit (you do not have to enter the main level).
Guests will share the washer & dryer with the owners in a "common area".
Parking always available. Interaction with GuestsWe owners live on the main level, and the rental is completely separate from our living space. We are usually around to answer any questions about the neighborhood, restaurants nearby, places in Denver, or anything else.
Guests are welcome to stop in for a chat, or maintain complete privacy after the initial welcoming. The NeighborhoodWe live in a quiet neighborhood with an eclectic mix of families, students, young and old folks. It is considered a very safe neighborhood, and we are only couple of blocks away from the police station.
It's a 15 minute walk to the Englewood Light Rail station, which is a great way to get to/from downtown Denver. Also at the station, you can take the Route 0 (zero) bus to the city, which may be quicker depending on where you're going.
We're also in walking distance to several retail shopping centers (see below), restaurants, and other businesses. Most are about 15 minutes walk. Anything and everything you'll need is available nearby. Getting AroundGetting to the mountains is pretty easy and only about 25 minutes drive to get to the foothills.
We're 8 miles from downtown, which is about a 20 minute drive.
Here are some popular amenities nearby:
- Englewood Light-Rail & Bus Station - 15 min walk, 3 min drive
- Red Rocks Amphitheatre - 24 min drive
- Wal-Mart - 12 min walk, 3 min drive
- Brew-On-Broadway (local brewery) - 19 min walk, 4 min drive
- Target - 5 min drive
- Swedish Medical Hospital - 5 min drive
Popular chain restaurants:
- Chipotle - 12 min walk, 3 min drive
- Q'doba - 10 min walk, 3 min drive
- Denny's - 14 min walk, 4 min drive
- IHOP - 10 min walk, 3 min drive
- Subway - 14 min walk, 4 min drive
- Einstein Bagels - 10 min walk, 3 min drive
Some of our favorite non-chain restaurants nearby (5 minute drive or less) are:
- Beirut Grill
- El Tepehuan Mexican Restaurant
- Brew On Broadway
- Breakfast On Broadway
- Pho 4 U Vietnamese Restaurant
- Santiago's (really good Mexican fast food; technically this is a "chain" but only in Denver)
- Acre's (tapas & wine restaurant)
- Steakhouse 10 (for special occasion)
Other hot spots that range from about 10 - 20 minutes drive include:
- Washington Park
- Platt Park & Pearl Street
- Cherry Creek Mall
- Denver University
- Broken Tee Golf Course (and a few golf courses) Other Things to NoteIn the winter, this unit is kept good-and-warm with a boiler heater.
In the summer, the basement unit stays naturally cool and comfortable (A/C not needed).
We have a friendly cat that lives upstairs and does not go to the basement unit.
We update the calendar on a daily basis.