Get an authentic taste of classic, undeveloped 'Old Florida' by staying at this cozy and rustic Perry vacation rental cottage. Uniquely situated between Keaton Beach and Steinhatchee in Florida’s best scalloping region, this distinctive waterfront home will let you fully immerse yourself in Old Florida’s secluded, relaxing atmosphere!
The moment you arrive, you’ll realize this is a one-of-a-kind vacation property with a lot of character! Offering 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and enough room to comfortably accommodate 7 guests, this charming residence is a terrific size for families and friends out for a memorable Sunshine State getaway. The house has a breezeway between the living and kitchen areas and the bedrooms and bath area, creating an open and airy environment for your vacation. Listen to the soothing sounds of nature as you rinse off in the home’s outdoor shower, which is enclosed for privacy and enters directly into the bathroom for your comfort. You’ll love spending time in the peaceful front sunroom, where you can enjoy coffee and conversation with your companions while admiring serene views of the creek and Gulf of Mexico. This room also serves as the perfect spot to observe beautiful sunsets that are practically guaranteed to take your breath away!
Situated on over a half an acre and surrounded by state conservation land, this property will let you thoroughly enjoy Florida’s immense natural beauty at its finest. The house overlooks a large creek with marsh in between it and the Gulf of Mexico, complete with glimpses of nearby islands with palm trees in the background. From the porch, you’ll be able to see birds, including bald eagles, in addition to beaver, deer, turkey, and other wildlife. The sunsets here are truly phenomenal, as well as the spectacular sunrises visible from the back porch.
Look forward to spending leisurely afternoons unwinding on the home’s deck next to the creek - this cottage is located right on the creek, about 200 yards straight to the Gulf of Mexico, so not only can you fish in the Gulf from this property, but in the large creek as well! A ramp extends down to an enormous 24-foot floating dock for parking boats, and there’s even a fish and scallop cleaning station out next to the creek, allowing you to come in directly in from the boat to clean your fish. This area is a BIG fishing community, and this property is a fisherman’s dream!
You certainly won’t have to venture far from the cottage to take advantage of the region’s prime fishing and scalloping opportunities! This location is ideal for just about any activity you would enjoy doing on the water, from fishing, scalloping, crabbing, and boating to kayaking, tubing, and waterskiing. If you’re in the mood for a land-based pastime, take a relaxing walk or bike ride around the area to observe the magnificent scenery.
This property is conveniently situated 15 minutes north of Steinhatchee, a large fishing community, where you’ll find great local restaurants, marinas, and a grocery store. Just 5 minutes away is Keaton Beach, offering an additional restaurant, marina, gas station, and convenience store. Perry, Florida is only 25 minutes away and has a hospital, multiple grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, shopping, and golf course, perfect for the golfers in your group. There are multiple county-maintained boat ramps located 5-10 minutes away from the cottage for your convenience. Whether you plan to spend the majority of your time out on the water or simply relishing in the Florida sunshine, this wonderful waterfront property will not disappoint - reserve this terrific Perry vacation rental home today for a retreat you won’t forget anytime soon!
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, fish and scallop cleaning station, private deck, large 24-foot floating boat dock, air conditioning, cable TV, and more
- Serene, relaxing waterfront location with direct access to the Gulf of Mexico and incredible views!
- Boat and trailer parking available at the property
- Perfect for guests looking to fish, scallop, boat, crab, kayak, tube, waterski, or enjoy practically any other kind of water activity!
- Master Bedroom: Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2: Twin-over-Full Bunk Beds
- A Queen-sized Pullout Couch in the Living Room and a Queen-sized Pullout Couch on the Front Porch can accommodate extra guests
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- There is a 6 night minimum requirement for Scalloping Season! This requirement falls on 7/13/15-8/16/15.
- Please note that tide schedules are very important for this area. Regardless of whether you are coming in or going out, fishing, scalloping, or just boating, you will need to be aware of when the tide is going to be high or low. Tide information can be obtained from nearby Keaton Beach Marina during your stay
- Additional fees and taxes may apply