**Please note the owner lives on-site in the basement apartment unit, which has a completely separate entrance
Experience a terrific mix of history, serene relaxation and Southern charm at this Colbert house. With the ability to sleep 12 guests, pristine nature views, and a great location near the best entertainment, this phenomenal home has you covered!
From the moment you drive through the gates of this astounding property, you’ll be captivated by its immense stature, gorgeous architecture, and historical significance. The landscape surrounding the home consists of rolling hills and glimpses of the rolling hills in the distance, creating the perfect setting to welcome you to your relaxing retreat. Inside, this dazzling residence boasts elegant touches reminiscent of its historic roots. Originally built in 1863, this outstanding plantation was once home to James Monroe Smith, and the most charming aspects of its classic heritage still shine through following recent remodeling since 2012, landing it on the historic registry of homes. Look forward to admiring the tasteful décor and furnishings spread throughout the dwelling's spacious 8,000-square foot interior. Everything you need to feel as comfortable as possible is here, such as in-unit laundry machines, heating and air conditioning, and complimentary wireless internet access.
Bask in the radiant Georgia sunshine and enjoy a cup of coffee on the home's expansive private porch, where you can gaze at the marvelous pasture terrain encompassing the house. Spend the day exploring the area before returning back to unwind in one of the spacious living areas with nothing but a good page-turner to keep you company. Even the most discerning chefs will love preparing tasty home-cooked meals in the abode's full kitchen, equipped with all the culinary appliances required to concoct your family’s favorite recipe. Later, retreat to the lavish master bedroom suite to indulge in a soothing soak in the ensuite tub before turning on the flat screen TV and drifting off to sleep in the king-sized bed.
When you’re ready to get out and see what the area has to offer, you won’t have to venture far from this property to discover plenty of tremendous entertainment! Outdoor enthusiasts will adore the convenient location, where r popular outdoor destination, Watkinsville Park, just 7 miles away, where you can swim, go horseback riding, have a picnic, white water raft, observe breathtaking waterfalls, or hike through the majestic landscape. Following a day of recreation, take a short 20-mile drive into Athens, a quaint Georgia college town with every form of entertainment at your fingertips, including shopping, movie theaters, tours, gourmet restaurants, and more. No matter how you spend your time during your trip, this exceptional Colbert vacation rental home will quickly become a place you’ll want to visit again year after year!
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, heating and air conditioning, silo with a well, multiple flat screen TVs with cable access, expansive private porch, in-unit washer/dryer, wireless internet access, and more
- Enjoy magnificent rolling hills and pasture views, famous for magnificent sunsets perfect for a champagne toast true to tradition
- Great location! Close to golf, Watkinsville Park, and other noteworthy local attractions
- Only about 20 miles away from Athens, Georgia!
- Master Bedroom (Colonel Suite) : Full-sized Bed (ground level with grab bar and raised toilet in bathroom)
- Bedroom 2: Full-sized Bed
- Bedroom 3: Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 4: 2 Twin-sized Bed
- Media Room: 2 Twin-sized Beds and a Full Bed can accommodate extra guests
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with fee (maximum 2 pets allowed, 25-pound weight limit)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- No events, parties or large gatherings permitted without prior owner approval and additional fee
- Not suitable for children under the age of 10, due to the valuable items and number of stairs throughout the home
- Please note the owner resides on-site in the basement apartment unit with completely separate entrance
- Please note the Kenny Rogers golf course is not open to the public but there are public golf courses in Athens
- Additional fees and taxes may apply