The SpaceAmenities: 50 inch high definition TV with dish net, free Wi-Fi, bathroom with shower/bathtub, queen size bed, reclining couch and love seat, wall to wall carpeting except in bath, closet space, dogs are welcome, alarm system (whole home), security cameras (surrounding the home), privacy fence for backyard (helpful with a dog), microwave, small refrigerator, coffee maker, table and chairs, tread mill; we can tailor this space for a longer term guest (example - move a desk in for a person working at the base or a college student) because we have room to work with. Guest AccessKey entry with lock box on door knob. Interaction with GuestsIn most instances, we will be able to help guests because we live right upstairs. The NeighborhoodNeighborhood: Broad Creek Subdivision; Private; For the most part, only residents travel in the subdivision; there are no stores here, just residences.
Churches of many denominations are within a 10 mile radius from our home. The word of the Lord is Alive and Well in our home, near home our home, and in St Mary’s County. St Mary’s County is named after the Virgin Mother of our Lord Jesus Christ, Mary. Getting AroundTransportation: Local Bus Route; also several busses travel to/from Washington DC on a daily basis during the week; 4 miles from the St Mary’s County Regional Airport. Other Things to NoteGuests with many purposes (vacation, recreation, school, work) may find this as a much better alternative to a local hotel or college dorm/apartment at a reasonable cost.
Business Uses of our Space: Economical and more private lodging/living alternative:
1. Individual sent on Temporary Duty (TDY) or performing contract work at/near Pax River Naval Base (Government lodging per diem rate in St Mary’s County is $91 a night)
2. College instructor/student at either CSM – Leonardtown Campus, or St Mary’s College.
3. Health care professional working at Medstar St Mary’s Hospital – Hospital only 6 miles from residence
Recreational Uses of our Space: Weekend getaway or Family vacation
1. St Mary’s County is a unique and wonderful place because it is a rural community abounding with beautiful farms, fields, forests, and waterways (see: (URL HIDDEN) that also is located within commuting distance from the bubbling metropolis of the Nation’s Capital Washington DC, and a little further to the northeast you come the Capitol of MD, Annapolis (U.S. Naval Academy is located here), and the city of Baltimore, MD. As mentioned, Pax River Naval Base (one of Navy’s largest Naval Air Stations) is right down the road from our home. Geography of St Mary’s County: The County is cradled by the Potomac and Patuxent Rivers and the Chesapeake Bay. It is a peninsula with 500-miles of shoreline (see: (URL HIDDEN) History: St Mary’s County has been around for almost 400 years and it is literally the birthplace of Maryland. Many of the country’s first settlers came here. The county has endured the trials and tribulations of helping to shape the nation earning its own unique place in history. A history buff would have a nearly endless assortment of events and occurrences to study here (see: (URL HIDDEN)
2. Solomon’s Island is 15 minutes from our home across the Thomas Johnson Bridge taking MD Route 4 East in neighboring Calvert County MD. It is a water enthusiast’s dream.
3. Washington DC: US Capitol, National Monuments, National Museums, Whitehouse, Theaters , Shows, Military Bases, Professional Sports, National Harbor and all that the Nation’s Capital has to offer.
Sports: Local Baseball – Southern Maryland Blue Crabs; Professional Baseball – Washington Nationals, Baltimore Orioles; Professional Football – Washington Redskins, Baltimore Ravens; Professional Basketball – Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics; Professional Hockey – Washington Capitals; and Racing – Maryland International Raceway and Budds Creek Motocross Park all reasonable commuting distances from our home.
Activities: All within close proximity of our home, Antique Stores, Farmers Markets, Kayaking, Boating, Fishing and Hunting, Crabbing, Beaches, Museums (Local and National), Agricultural Fairs and Shows (Seasonal); 12-Screen Movie Theater (3 miles from our home), Hiking.
Transportation: Local Bus Route; also several busses travel to/from Washington DC on a daily basis during the week; 4 miles from the St Mary’s County Regional Airport.
Shopping: Minutes from our home are Sears, Belks, JC Penny, Walmart, Target, Lowes, and several large grocery stores and pharmacies (whatever you need).
Restaurants: Many local restaurants near our home sell (in season) Maryland’s renowned blue crabs fresh out of the Chesapeake Bay. Also minutes from our home are many nice chain restaurants: Texas Road House, Cracker Barrel, IHOP, Bob Evans, Olive Garden and many other local restaurants and fast food establishments.