The SpaceMAKE YOURSELF AT HOME in the upstairs unit of this two-family home. COOK all the meals you'd like in the fully stocked kitchen with gas range, microwave, toaster oven, dishwasher, disposal, and coffee and espresso makers. DINE at the kitchen table for four. RELAX in the comfy living room with 40" Smart TV with Hulu and HBO subscriptions, and plenty of books and board games to choose from. WORK in the office nook with large desk, color printer and scanner. ENJOY the convenience of your own wi-fi and washer/dryer in unit, and the full bath with newly tiled shower.
• One queen bed in master bedroom with brand-new 12" memory foam mattress.
• One queen bed in upstairs bedroom with charming beamed ceilings and brand-new spring mattress. Note: This room is accessed via a steep staircase and, while on its own floor, does not have any doors to block sound to/from the main floor of the apartment.
• One queen sofa bed in living room with high-quality, comfortable foam mattress. Guest AccessShared features include grassy backyard with your own gas grill (seasonal) and front porch with seating for two. Interaction with GuestsWe live in the first-floor unit, so we are nearby if you need us. Otherwise, you are free to make yourself at home in your own unit. The NeighborhoodJUST OUTSIDE THE DOOR: The house is on a quiet, tree-lined street made up mostly of multi-family homes. The next street over features Devir Field, a multi-use city park with a soccer field, baseball and softball fields, tennis courts, basketball courts and a playground.
FOOD & DINING: Stop 'n' Shop, the closest grocery store, is a 5-minute walk away. Highland Avenue (5-minute walk) features numerous takeout restaurants and shops, along with the excellent El Potro Mexican Bar & Grill. Malden Center (15-minute walk) offers even more dining options ranging from casual to upscale, with cuisines from all over the world and many with great craft beer selections.
WHAT'S NEW: Idle Hands Craft Ales (0.6 miles) relocated to Malden in July 2016, making it Malden's first-ever craft brewery. Boda Borg (1 mile), a 30,000 square foot gaming center with 16 physical and mental "questing" challenges—essentially live-action video games—opened in October 2015. Getting AroundDRIVING: Plentiful, free street parking. Easy access to I-93, Routes 28 & 60.
• 1.5 miles to Middlesex Fells Reservation (Malden & surrounding towns—trails, picnic spots, observation tower with Boston views, canoe & kayak rentals, fishing)
• 2.5 miles to Assembly Row (Somerville—outlet shopping, Legoland, AMC cinema, many restaurants)
• 2.5 miles to Tufts University (Somerville/Medford)
• 5 miles to Harvard University or MIT (Cambridge)
• 6 miles to Downtown Boston
• 7 miles to Logan Airport
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION via Orange Line: 15-minute walk to Malden Center station, or 10-minute bus ride to Wellington station. Downtown Boston stops are just 15 minutes away.
BIKING: The 9-mile Northern Strand Community Trail bike path stretches from Everett through Malden, Revere and Saugus toward the Lynn waterfront. The 3-mile Malden section is plowed to be available year-round.
OTHER: Plenty of Zipcars and Uber/Lyft drivers in the area too. Other Things to NoteWe supply these items for your stay:
- KITCHEN: Dishwashing liquid (hand & dishwasher) and sponges; Mrs. Meyer's cleaning products and paper towels
- FOOD: New England Coffee (roasted in Malden!); sugar, salt, flour, olive oil, and basic seasonings
- BEDROOMS: Pillows, blankets and soft brushed microfiber sheets for the three queen beds
- BATHROOM: Towels (bath, hand and washcloths) for all guests; hairdryer; Nature's Gate organic shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion; hand soap; air freshener; toilet paper and tissues
- LAUNDRY: Tide Free 'n' Clear detergent; hampers; iron and ironing pad; hangers
- OFFICE: Printer, ink and paper