The SpacePrivate & Quiet 2 bedroom apartment on quiet street in Hip Davis Square!
LOCATION: The Heart of DAVIS SQUARE
- 5 minute walk to the DAVIS SQUARE “T” Red line train / subway
- By train, 10 mins to Harvard, 15 minutes to MIT and Charles MGH, 20 minutes to Boston
- 5 minute walk to:
Grocery/Convenient Store, Cafes, Bars and Nightlife, Restaurants, Bike Path, Children's Park, Movie Theater, Bars, Subway & Bike rentals
- Very quiet, one-way street
- Young professionals and families with young children live around here
- "Hubway" bikes are for rent at the train station
- Parks & Playgrounds (2 min walk):
picnic tables, playground, little league games, see pictures
- Somerville Community Bike Path and Minuteman Bike Path:
12 miles long, popular for walking, jogging, cycling
APARTMENT DETAILS & AMENITIES
- 2 bedrooms, each with a queen bed
- Full Kitchen with microwave and amenities listed below
- 1 Full bathroom, with a soaking bathtub
- Sitting / living room with TV, books for children and board games
- The apartment is the separate first floor unit in a 2-Family House (up & down townhome)
- We owners live in the upstairs flat with two cats & a baby and toddler
- We do not share any living area with you except if you want to use the laundry in the basement (please let us know)
EQUIPMENT / AMENITIES
- A set of fresh towels for each bedroom (date of arrival only)
- Beds made with fresh sheets/linens (date of arrival only)
- Plates, bowls, utensils, pots, pans, toaster, some spices and condiments
- Coffee maker, coffee, tea
- Electric water kettle
- Soap, shampoo and conditioner, hair dryer and sometimes toothpaste
- Ironing board and iron
- Free laundry in basement (please let us know if you will need to use)
- Free Wifi (high speed)
- Keyless entry
- Nest thermostat for Heat
- Air conditioners
- TV: 32 inch, 1080p HD television. Netflix is available, signed into our account. Over-the-air antennae receives ~20 channels. HDMI input and cable provided for use with your computer. Youtube, Hulu, Amazon video etc. are available through Smart TV as well.
- A full apartment cleaning prior to guest Check-In
- Supplies for cleaning are kept in apartment (trash bags, etc.)
- Baby Items: available upon request: Pack n Play Crib, Rock n Play, Bouncer seat, umbrella and more (please ask)
GREAT LOCATION! NO CAR NEEDED!
Walk to Train, Rent a bike, or Walk to almost anything you may need
5 min walk to the DAVIS SQUARE TRAIN where you can take the train or
Rent a bike & return it --> at any other location in the city
- Rent a ZIPCAR -- their hourly rental cars are parked in many parking lots and all are very nearby (such as at the Harvard Vanguard Somerville Office 5 minute walk away)
Or if you're bringing a car and need parking...
- Parking --
We offer a guest parking pass with the apartment for 1 car, on-street parking up to max of 5 days in a week. You will be considered a Somerville resident with the use of this pass and will have to follow local parking laws even while using that pass. Please check out our house rules for the details.
---------------- ---------------- ----------------
About OWNERS, DAVIS SQUARE, and OTHER THINGS:
We're a couple in our 30's. He works nearby at MIT and bikes to work. I'm a consultant and often work from home. We love our two cats and two babies which is taking up a lot of time and attention these days.
Previously we were also -- He's into gardening (our lilac bush in the back yard is blooming right now, ahh), softball, cycling to work and a few other things. I'm into making bad artwork, growing my consulting business and spending time with friends. We are generally very quiet with the exception of our toddler from time to time in the morning.
We are looking for guests that fit well with us, and are quiet and respectful, same as us -- and we are happy to host families. Even though we won't technically share any space with our guests, we will be in the same building / historic "2-family" house.
Once you book you will get a (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) map of the area which give you the info below, mapped!
Since Airbnb doesn't let me give you links, you are going to have to look it up or wait until after you book for a nice map I made. Everything below in Davis unless noted.
* Run/Bike/Walk along the Minuteman Bike Path. See image above.
* Run/Bike/Walk along the Charles River - Take the T to Harvard and map the walk to the river via JFK street. Go as far as you like and then map to the closest T you end up near.
* Healthworks for Women - 15 min walk to Porter Square T. $20 to drop in - includes a bevy of fitness classes, good gym layout and equipment, sauna, steam and whirlpool access.
* Boston Sports Clubs - 5 min walk to Davis Square T. No knowledge of anything detailed, never been.
* MIT Gym - Train to Central Square. Map the 10 minute walk. Amazing gym with everything you want or need. $15 drop in. Includes access to sauna (in the old locker rooms). Olympic sized (and also a small sized) swimming pool.
* Baptiste Power Yoga. hot, steamy power yoga. 15 min walk to Porter Square. $15 drop in for class. Mat rentals available. Bring a big water bottle and two towels.
* hot/cold sandwiches, homemade pasta at Dave's Fresh Pasta
* coffee and pastries at Diesel Cafe
* beers at The Burren or Five Horses Tavern
* ice cream at JP Licks
* burritos at Anna's Taqueria
* tequila flights, tapas and tacos at The Painted Burro
* ribs and beer at Redbones BBQ
* sashimi and sake at Snappy Sushi
* jazz brunch at Johnny D's
....or Highland Kitchen! (HK is a little farther, but worth it)
* live music, shows or movies at Somerville Theater
* live music at Johnny D's and The Burren
* World Music - look it up
* Cheap Thrills Boston - a blog about what it sounds like!
* get groceries or flowers at Dave's Fresh or Pemberton Farms
* fresh produce and local things at the Farmers Market (Wednesdays see picture - parking lot behind Redbones)
* search for cool treasures at Goodwill or Found
* browse handmade gifts and trinkets at Magpie
* go bowling at Sacco's (and eat their awesome flatbread pizza)
--- Big Box convenience nearby:
*CVS (Davis Square - 5 min walk)
*Starbucks (Davis Square - 5 min walk)
*Shaw's Supermarket (Porter Square - 15 min walk)
*Stop & Shop Supermarker (10 min walk)
*Tags Hardware (and home goods) (Porter Square)
*Chipotle (Davis Sq)
*Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, PetSmart (Fresh Pond Shopping center, 1 mile via bike path) Guest AccessGuests will have access to a private two bedroom apartment and shared access to front and back porches, a backyard. You are also welcome to use the washing machine and dryer in the basement, but please talk to us in advance. Interaction with GuestsWe like to meet our guests when they check in and we live upstairs, so we'll be around if there is a problem. Otherwise, the apartment completely private for our guests. The NeighborhoodDavis Square is one of the liveliest spots in Boston, but our street is nice and quiet. It's a great place to visit. Getting Around5 minute walk to DAVIS MBTA subway station (Red-line) and numerous buses & bike rentals Other Things to NotePlease see the house rules before putting sending a booking request so that you can answer questions we usually like to know before accepting! Thanks!