The SpaceSet on three acres with old-growth forest as well as sunny lawn and a private pond, our spacious and rustically-styled home is filled with leather furniture, hardwood floors, slate tile, stone, granite steps and counter tops, maple and hickory cabinetry. Gourmet kitchens, indoor gas and outdoor wood-burning fireplaces, in-floor radiant heat, several large, high-def TVs with satellite stations and blu-ray players, screened in porch, patios, and wooded walking paths. Guest AccessOur home was just completed in 2012 and includes many exceptionally comfortable features that you are welcome to use:
- We live in the country -- and that means we have satellite internet with all of its many limitations (which contributes greatly to the frustration of our children). We recommend that, if possible, you bring a Verizon hotspot for internet access. We are sorry that we *cannot* provide internet access to our guests.
- Kitchen: The lower-level kitchen is just down the way from your room(s) and includes a refrigerator, range, microwave, dishwasher, electric kettle, toaster, and Keurig coffeemaker. We also have a natural gas grill that you can use.
- Light a fire in the outdoor firepit on the edge of the pond and enjoy the lovely sound of our recirculating waterfall. We have zero-gravity chairs and a screened-in porch with its own wood-burning fireplace to relax in as well.
- Get in shape with our exercise equipment (elliptical, treadmill, Bowflex Revolution weight machine, assorted free weights, inversion chair, Bosu) that we routinely put to good use early in the mornings on weekdays (note: this is just outside your rooms -- and while we try to be quiet, there will be some beeping and clanging sometimes). Country roads in the area are also lovely for running and biking. Nearby Huron River is one of the best smallmouth bass rivers in the Midwest, and kayak and canoe rentals are only a few minutes away.
- Watch a movie or sporting event in our home theater with 110" screen, five reclining leather chairs and six swivel bar stools. We like to do this as well -- and you are welcome to join us when we settle in to watch the "big screen"!
- We ask that guests respect the privacy of our first floor master suite and the second floor children's rooms. Interaction with GuestsWe listed our rooms on AirBnB because we love people -- especially AirBnB people! We have had such a good time meeting hosts and guests and we look forward to meeting you! We do live in our house and you should expect to see us and our dogs at least occasionally. We are pretty laid-back and want you to be comfortable so we will be happy to chat or give you your space as needed. The NeighborhoodLocated in Cobblestone Estates in Dexter, our home is in an upscale rural equestrian neighborhood with lovely dirt country roads. Our three-acre lot includes a private pond, woods, and natural lawn. There is a horse/walking path that wends its way two miles through the woods and neighbors' properties and we are centrally located between the two parts of Cobblestone Farm's cross-country eventing course which means you can often see horses and riders passing by as well as abundant wildlife (deer, herons, songbirds, squirrels, chipmunks, bullfrogs, etc.). If you happen to be here for a Cobblestone Horse Trial, we are a five-minute walk from all stabling areas. Getting AroundFree parking in the private turnaround driveway is included. Easy driving access to Dexter (5 min), Hudson Mills Metro Park (5 min), Huron River kayak/canoe rentals (10 min), Ann Arbor/University of Michigan (15-20 min), Detroit Metro Airport (1 hour), Detroit (75 min). Conveniently located for Cobblestone Farm Equestrian events, UM graduation, Ann Arbor Summer Festival, the Art Fairs in July, UM football, and many other fun sports, arts, cultural and business activities in the area. There are no real public transportation options convenient to our country home, however. Other Things to NoteOur home is quiet and most appropriate for those who have day time activities (sight-seeing, weddings, visits with relatives, business, etc.) planned while they are here.
We have two medium-sized, energetic Vizsla dogs ranging in age from 8 to 10 years old. They have a dedicated dog room with dog door access to their outdoor dog run that they stay in when we are out. Please consider another place to stay if active dogs who sometimes bark are a concern for you. Also, we sometimes have our college-age daughter's French Bulldog at home as well.
We live in a rural area, with very limited satellite internet access. If you would like to use the internet while you are staying with us, we recommend bringing a Verizon, TMobile, or other Hotspot (which will give you good generally 4G access) with you as we cannot provide internet access/wifi to our guests.