This cozy cottage with fenced lake-side lawn is located on the “Gold Coast” of Bostwick Lake. This private, all-sports, 217 acre lake is located just 5.5 miles from the picturesque town of Rockford (popu-lation 5,000) and only 20 minutes away from metro Grand Rapids. One of Michigan's cleanest lakes, fishermen and ladies will find a variety of fish including trout, crappie, blue gill, perch, bass and pike. Whether you're fly fishing, spinning or bait casting your chances of getting a bite here are good.Our cottage is a Bostwick Lake Improvement Association member so you're welcome to bring your boat or Jet Ski and use the private launch located next to the old Bostwick Lake Inn. Of course water-skiing is an option but if you're seeking a quieter, slower experience (including a good cardio workout), feel free to row around the lake in the “Aqua Swan”. She is not allowed to have a motor and is tied up at our dock; a perfect fishing vessel and summer reading nook. Launching your canoe or kayak from either the dock or the short seawall is another boating option. We have a good assortment of life jackets, air mattresses and water toys for you to use.This well maintained cottage with 1½ bathrooms and 3 bedrooms will sleep 14 grown-up people and/or 2 to 6 youngsters. One bedroom, off the sunporch contains a double bed and the middle bedroom also has a double bed. The third bedroom, just off the kitchen, has two futons. With the option of unfolding the futons, this is the perfect sleeping arrangement for a bunch of little kids. Fully extended the futons can become one big mattress and depending on the size of the little ones, this bedroom could sleep eight (think of snuggled up puppies). Each bedroom has a window air conditioner unit. The sunporch has two queen size pull-out sofabeds and a single unfolding ottoman bed. The living room contains a double sofa bed, as well as a single unfolding ottoman bed. We will provide our vacationers with bedding including; sheets, pillows, blankets and bedspreads. Also included are bath towels, wash cloths, hand towels and bath mat. For the kitchen there will be towels and for lakeside, picnic blankets and plenty of beach towels.The kitchen is fully furnished including a gas stove, refrigerator, garbage disposal, microwave, toaster, mixer, blender, waffle iron, coffee maker and a stacked washer/dryer combo. Just like home we will provide dishes, silverware, pots and pans, baking utensils and a Weber charcoal grill. Also included are toilet paper, paper towels, foil and plastic wraps, garbage bags and all necessary soaps, detergents and cleaners.Other amenities include; 24 hour on call maintenance, one stall garage and one outside parking spot, high speed internet service, satellite TV, DVD player, VCR, movies and for those of us who remember such things, oldie-but-goodie records and a turntable. Oh, and jawdropping sunsets!
Pets are welcome for an additional charge of $150.00. ~ We supply a discreet kitty litter box and plenty of litter.
A deposit of 50% of the total rental fee is due at the time your reservation is made. The remaining 50% plus cleaning fee and damage deposit is due two full weeks prior to the first day of the reservation. There will be no proration of the fee should you arrive later or leave earlier than the times listed below. Payments for our cottage rental are nonrefundable. Payment may also be made by personal check or cashiers check.
At the time the reservation is placed, you will be required to provide the following information: current address and phone number(s), current driverâ€™s license number or legal identification card number. Prior to occupancy of the cottage, you will be required to present your driverâ€™s license or identification card.
Check in on SUNDAY 4:00pm ~ Check out on SUNDAY 11:00am ~ Please note ~ our summer rental week runs from SUNDAY TO SUNDAY ~ NO EXCEPTIONS PLEASE ~ Thank you for your understanding.
OTHER RATES AVAILABLE:
Still In Season, only during the month of September:
Weekend Getaway Rate ~ Friday check in at 4:00pm to Sunday check out at 11:00am Sunday ~ $600.00
Long Weekend Getaway Rate ~ Thursday check in at 4:00pm to Sunday check out at 11:00am ~ $800.00
Off Season Weekly Rate ~ October 1, 2016 to May 28, 2017 ~ $375.00
Off Season Weekend Getaway ~ Friday check in at 4:00pm and Sunday check out at 11:00am ~ $175.00
Off Season Long Weekend Getaway ~ Thursday check in at 4:00pm and Sunday check out at 11:00am ~ $225.00
Off Season Monthly ~ from October 1, 2016 to May 28, 2017 ~ $1,550.00
A three month commitment will reduce the rent to $1,395.00 per month
Our cottage is a beautiful, quiet place to rent monthly during the autumn/winter/spring season. The Off Season Monthly Rental Rate INCLUDES: Gas, Electric, Water Treatment, Sewer, Garbage, Satellite TV, Internet and Lawn Service when appropriate. Being completely furnished you can store your things in our garage while enjoying skiing, ice fishing, hot chocolate and quiet meditation on the lake. Cleaning and Damage/Security Deposits listed above will apply.
This is a well established long time lake community with lots of year round residents. Our neighborhood is safe and on the quiet side with lots of kids and grandkids showing up for weekend merriment.
After you settle in stroll across the lawn and have a seat on the seawall while you sip your morning coffee. While contemplating the clarity of Bostwick Lake water don't be surprised to see dinner swimming by! Thursday night is "FISHING NIGHT". A "Slow, No Wake Speed" goes into effect at 7pm for the entire lake.
Big fat night crawlers can be purchased at the TOPP STOP. It's a very pleasant walk from the cottage to the corner of Belding Road and Ramsdell Drive. You'll find a nice medium sized party store with convenient groceries, bait, licenses, lotto, coffee etc. Their service is friendly and they quite often have some of the lowest gas prices.
On the way there you'll pass by the OLD BOSTWICK LAKE CEMETERY on the corner of Ramsdell Drive and Goldenrod Drive behind the old Bostwick Lake Congregational Church. This is an old
pioneer cemetery dating back to the early 1800’s. It’s full of whispering pine trees on a hilly terrain. At dusk when the fireflies come out it’s the very best place to take the kids and read ghost stories by flash-light. Especially when an uncle wearing a white sheet pops up from behind a headstone!
For full scale grocery shopping check out D&W; Fresh Foods at 201 Marcell Drive NE in Rockford just 5.5 miles away.
In the mood for dinner out? Here are our personal favorites:
• BOSTWICK BAKERY & COFFEE SHOP ~ 8570 Belding Road NE (616) 874- 9065 ~ Best and biggest doughnuts in Kent County. Friendly staff.
* BOSTWICK LAKE INN ~ 8521 Belding Rd NE ~ (616) 874-7290 ~ Established in 1910, Bostwick Lake Inn has that feel of the old summer place on the lake. Whether you crave a burger or nice salmon fillet, they've got you covered! Stop by and enjoy live music in season or pull up rocking chairs on our lawn
• ARENA’S PIZZA ~ 8841 Belding Road NE at Ramsdell (616) 874-5270 ~ Best bang for your buck and so close to the cottage.
• HONEY CREEK INN ~ 8025 Cannonsburg Road NE, Cannonsburg (616) 874-7849 ~ Cozy cottage like atmosphere. Great place for some pints and grub with friends and family. Interesting beers on tap and quite a good kitchen to boot!
• CORNER BAR INC. ~ 31 N Main St, Rockford (616) 866-9866 ~ Hall of fame hot dogs, chili dogs and the tastiest onion rings.
• CUSTARD BY THE DAM ~ 25 Squire Street, Rockford (616) 863-6222 ~ If you’re a frozen custard fan, this is the place.
• SCORE RESTAURANT & SPORTS BAR ~ 5301 Northland Drive NE, Grand Rapids Charter Township (616) 301-0600 ~ Beach volleyball, lakefront dining under the palm trees. Live entertainment 7 days a week all summer long. A great place to go with little kids. There’s so much to do and they have a lot of fun.
• BLUE WATER GRILL ~ 5180 Northland Drive NE, Grand Rapids Charter Township (616) 363-5900 ~ We would definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting a nice date out away from the kiddos. A little pricey but well worth it. Back in the 1950’s, when we were little kids, this was nothing but a huge quarry pit. Now with its unique Frank Lloyd Wright inspired architecture, it has one of the best water views around.
And a list of our very favorite nearby attractions;
• FISH LADDER SCULPTURE ~ 560 Front Ave. NW, Grand Rapids ~ Built along the Grand River in 1974 by artist Joseph Kinnebrew, the Fish Ladder was created to aid spawning fish in their struggle to swim upstream.
• FREDERIK MEIJER GARDENS & SCULPTURE PARK ~1000 East Beltline Ave. NE, Grand Rapids (616) 975-3146 ~ This 132-acre attraction features the most comprehensive outdoor sculpture collection in the Midwest, indoor and outdoor gardens, largest tropical conservatory in the state, nature trails, guided tram and 5 acre Children’s Garden. Admission charged.
• GERALD R. FORD PRESIDENTIAL MUSEUM ~ 303 Pearl St. NW, Grand Rapids (616) 254-0400 ~ Experience America's most entertaining presidential museum. Attend a White House State Dinner, step inside the Oval Office and see the original Watergate burglar tools. Also, Smithsonian-caliber changing exhibitions.
• GRAND RAPIDS PUBLIC MUSEUM ~ 272 Pearl St. NW, Grand Rapids (616) 456-3977 ~ This museum offers world-class exhibits on history, nature, cultural heritage and more. Ride a 1928 carousel, catch a show in the planetarium or eat in the cafe overlooking the Grand River. General Admission charged.
• JOHN BALL ZOOLOGICAL GARDEN ~ 1300 W. Fulton St., Grand Rapids (616) 336-4301 ~ Over 2,000 animals and more animal touching exhibits than any other zoo in Michigan; stingrays & sharks, 2 petting corrals, wallabies, camels and budgies. Chimpanzees, lions, grizzly bear, otters, snow leopards, Komodo dragon and many large and small primates. Indoor and outdoor viewing. Full concessions and gift shop. Featuring 300-foot ZIPline, 4-story Ropes Adventure Course, Swan Boats.
• LA GRANDE VITESSE ~ Calder Plaza, Ottawa Ave. between Michigan and Lyon NW, Grand Rapids ~ La Grande Vitesse means the great swiftness, or the grand rapids. Internationally known sculptor, Alexander Calder, designed this piece specifically for this site. It was installed in 1969.
• SANDY BOTTOM BERRIES ~ 11555 Sandy Bottom Road NE, Rockford (616) 225-9376 ~ This is a small, family run, you pick berry farm. Every aspect of their farm is managed, maintained and created with you in mind. They welcome families with children of all ages (there is no age limit to pick, but they ask that children be supervised at all times for everyone’s safety). They have picnic tables available if you’d like to bring a picnic lunch and enjoy the country atmosphere.