The SpaceHi, I'm Patti, and I've been hosting guests in a suite in my home since 2012 for seasonal, occasional rental. Just 10–15 minutes from everything in Ithaca, my home borders acres of scenic fields and woods with sunrise views and abundant wildlife. The Milky Way and shooting stars are visible in cloudless night skies, and millions of fireflies sparkle on warm, June nights.
Your private guest suite has off-street parking and its own entrance, a bedroom, sitting room, and ensuite bath. Everything is sparkling clean, with freshly laundered bedding and towels, natural light, and hardwood floors. Strong Wi-Fi.
Dining area and a breakfast bar with microwave, coffee maker, and mini-fridge, stocked with complimentary coffee & tea, snacks, energy bars and instant oatmeal. Bring your own easy prep meals and cream for coffee (breakfast is not provided).
• Queen-sized bed with Memory Foam mattress and cotton/down bedding.
• Spacious walk-in shower; toilet and sink behind its own privacy door; plush cotton towels, cozy bathrobes and spare toiletries provided.
• Comfy seating plus dining table and seating for two.
• Breakfast Bar thoughtfully equipped with a mini-fridge (no freezer), microwave, electric kettle, coffee maker, coffee press; plates, bowls & flatware; stocked with complimentary bottled water, coffee, teas, hot chocolate, popcorn, instant oatmeal, condiments, and snacks.
• So many extras: tissues, flashlight, alarm clock, hair dryer, fan, a sleep-sound machine, and a charging station for all of your devices. Travel brochures and coupons for local attractions, restaurants, & businesses.
• Smoke detector, carbon monoxide alarm, fire extinguisher, first aid kit.
Plan your trip! Ithaca Events 2017
April: 4-H Duck Race - thousands of rubber ducks tumble over Cascadilla Falls
May 5: Fashion Night
May 21: Cornell Commencement
May 28: Ithaca College Commencement
June 2–4: Ithaca Festival
June 22–September 1: Downtown Concert Series, Thursday evening
June 26–July 1: Bite of Ithaca
Late June–late July: Cornell Arts Quad Friday Nights -free concerts on the Arts Quad
Week of July 4th: Independence Day Fireworks at various locations
Mid-July–August: Myers Park Music in the Park, Thursday evenings
Mid July–mid-August: Dryden Summer Music Series, Wednesday evenings
Mid July–late August: Taughannock Concert Series, Saturday evenings
July 20–23: Finger Lakes Grassroots Festival
September ? : Porchfest
September ? : Ellis Hollow Country Fair
September 29–October 1: Apple Harvest Festival
October ? : Ithaca Celtic Festival
October 20–21: Cornell Homecoming Weekend
October 27: Downtown Halloween
October 27–29: Wizarding Weekend Guest AccessYour private suite — bedroom, sitting room, and ensuite bath — plus one parking space in the driveway, and private patio. Other areas of the home and property are off-limits. Interaction with GuestsI live on the premises — attentive to your comfort but not intrusive — your comfort and privacy are as important as my own. I will greet you at check-in to show you your suite and I will do a daily light housekeeping if you wish (clean dishes and trash/recycling collection). If you run into any issues during your stay, from a restaurant decision to a flat tire, I am happy help! The NeighborhoodIn the country but so close to town, my home is a one-level, updated 1950s ranch in a safe neighborhood of low traffic and modest homes on large lots, with horse farms, hay fields, and woods all around. The neighborhood is great for nearly flat walking, running or cycling. Restaurants, shops, and a mall are just 10 minutes by car; there are 2 gas stations with convenience stores 10 minutes by car, as are the picturesque creekside hamlet of Etna, the historic Village of Freeville, and a local farm market (open May-October). Getting AroundYou will need a car — public transportation is limited to taxi service in this area. Other Things to NoteI'm committed to making your stay exceptional, safe, legal and (of course) comfortable.
• I do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation.
• There is no telephone land line but cell service is excellent.
• Linens and rooms are cleaned without the use of strongly scented products or "air fresheners."
• There is a cat on premises but the guest area is cat-free.
• The household well water is pure, sweet, softened and perfectly safe for drinking, but bottled water is provided. Some guests notice a slight sulfur odor from of harmless minerals typical to the area. It doesn't linger!
• I pay New York State Sales Tax and local taxes are collected by Airbnb.