The SpaceAN AMERICAN DREAM TIME CAPSULE! Step into this amazing home and experience not only the beauty of original architecture designed by a woman architect who became an architect before it was fashionable to be one! HOT TUB AVAILABLE ALL YEAR ROUND!
This fabulous 3500 square foot architectural gem and one-of-a-kind unique and glorious private estate on 27 acres of wooded land neighbor to thousands of acres of state park natural preserves forest land just under the cliff of the famous mountain climbing hot-spot of the Shawangunk mountains... Neighboring 21,160 acres of the amazing State Park Minewaska and bordering 17,000 acres of Mohonk Preserves woodlands and 6400 acres of Mohonk's nature sanctuary, this fabulous estate is just minutes away (a bicycle ride!) from the most beautiful parkland in the entire country.
This one-of-a-kind architect's delight, designed by the well known - one of the early commercially viable woman architects in the us, designed for herself and her family, features hand built stone fireplaces, vaulted ceilings with unusual angles and skylights, a completely see-through home from one side to the other as a large part of the home is made of glass, huge windows overlooking the the woods and the swimming pool.
The lake is fully stocked with fish (large mouth bass) so that in case of national emergency, your family could live off the lake. There is also swimming in the lake and a row-boat, and a dock.
Neighboring both Lake Mohonk and lake Minnewaska, this estate is smack in the middle of every type of outdoor sport and entertainment possible in this area. From horseback riding, to sail boating, to mountain climbing, art-fairs and music festivals in Woodstock only a few miles away, and so much more.
There are also horseback riding farms in the neighborhood starting as close as 1.6 miles from our home.
4.1 miles from the center of New Paltz with mini malls, shopping centers, small adorable artsy shops, the local college, movies, unique restaurants, the water-street market with cafes and antique shops... and everything else you could possibly need, this majestic and ultra private estate is also only 75 miles to midtown Manhattan and an easy skip hop and jump from north jersey as well.
Please no smokers or guests who are smokers! This house is 100% smoke free and has always been so - good for those who enjoy really clean and fresh air.
This home is open, beautiful, light, bright and airy. Hand build stone fireplaces in the master bedroom, dining room and in both living rooms spice up evenings by the fireplaces.
Property size: 27 acres of wooded land including bordering Mohonk preserves.
Lake size: 6-acre private lake stocked with large-mouth bass.
Home size: 3500 square feet (entire home)
•two-bedroom private guest suite and totally interconnected with the main house via a vestibule area with closet space and access to both the garage and stairwell to main house.
Two full bedrooms with good size closets in each.
Each bedroom has huge picture windows looking into the woods.
• Laundry room
Living room / dinning room with kitchen overlooking the lawn, lake and cliffs. Large picture windows with views of lake and cliff with sliding glass door private entry.
Hand-built stone wall with wood-burning fireplace, great for romantic winter evenings and marsh-mellow roasts.
A great suite for elderly parents, teen kids, vacationing guests, live-in help, or an income rental to pay for the taxes.
•mechanical equipment room
•in-ground heated salt water swimming pool with views of the lake and mountain. Has huge deck.
•Covered outdoor jacuzzi hot tub so available to use during rain and snow as well!
•huge two-story vaulted cathedral ceiling living room entry –
As you enter you see right through a fantastic wall of glass overlooking the woods and back yard (and pool)
A two-story hand-built soaring double-sided wood burning fire place - one fire, can be enjoyed both in the living room.
• Dining room with wood-burning fireplace
A full wall of glass overlooking the lawn, the lake and the cliffs.
• Two story hand built stone fireplace crowned with a skylight.
• One bedroom also includes two futon couches and TV.
With picture windows waist to ceiling looking into the forest and sliding glass door to the deck overlooking the yard and pool.
• Full bathroom including a shower.
• Small kitchen with pretty wooded views.
• Master bedroom suite:
* Hand-built stone wall with an active wood burning fireplace.
* Vaulted cathedral ceilings
* Romeo and juliet' star gazing terrace overlooking the lake, the lawn, the cliffs, the wooded mountain and the moon and stars at night.
* Two spacious walk in closets. One for her and one for him.
* Two separate sinks in the 'sink room' one for her and one for him.
* One totally separate toilet room for privacy and separation from sinks and bathing area including a toilet and a bidet.
* One full size jacuzzi bathing room fully equipped with a jacuzzi overlooking the cliffs, the lake and the wooded mountain.
* A shower
* A steam sauna
* A dry sauna
• A walking bridge: between the master bedroom and the 'children's bedrooms' – this bridge overlooks the living room and the glass walls revealing the lawn, the pool, the lake, the cliffs and the wooded mountains.
• Two 'children's' bedrooms:
* One bedroom has a sliding glass door looking into the woods and vaulted ceilings and a unique shape and a second dome shaped window.
* The second bedroom has two dome windows and also sports cathedral ceilings and a uniquely designed shape.
* Both bedrooms have their own closets and are separated by yet another walk-through closet and a full bathroom with a sink, toilet, bath-tub and bidet.
• Outdoor deck for sunning and dining:
* Unique and lovely deck good for 'eating outdoors'
* Unique and lovely for sun bathing, resting and hanging out.
* Also acts as passageway from the house to the pool and outdoors.
• 6000 square foot home; architects own contemporary home for herself and her family. Built in 1990, made with insulated passive solar windows, natural redwood and stucco.
• 1500 foot private driveway with plenty of parking for guests.
• State-of-the-art heating and cooling system built into the home using natural resources of the lake. Heat pump and central air conditioning, new in 2004.
• A fountain in the lake to keep the lake algae-free.
• Own private water well and sewage system.
• 7 bedrooms (including a den that could be used as the 8th bedroom)
including a fantastic master bedroom suite.
• 5 full bathrooms
• Luxury eat-in kitchen overlooking the mountain and lake and woods.
• Private cabana for changing, showering after pool or lake or fishing.
• 2 living rooms both with wall to wall windows, the main floor sporting two story ceilings.
• Gorgeous hand-built stone fireplaces all the way from ground level to top level as a unique and fantastic centerpiece through-out the home.
• 2 car garage.
• Only 4.1 miles to the town of new paltz!
* Shopping centers
* Fitness centers and gym
* Medical center
* Local parks
* Nearby to horseback riding
* Bordering mohonk preserves.
* Neighboring minewaska state park border.
* 2 miles from the famous mountain climbing cliff.
* Near to private parachuting airport.
* Surrounded by resorts, parks and hotels, lakes for swimming, hang gliding, kyacking, sail boating and… so much more!
1) Master Bedroom - QUEEN BED - Memory Foam Sleeps 2 -
2) Guest Bedroom - QUEEN BED - Memory Foam Sleeps 2 -
3) Guest Bedroom- QUEEN BED - Memory Foam Sleeps 2 -
4) Guest Bedroom - QUEEN BED - Memory Foam Sleeps 2 -
5) My Mom's Study / Bedroom - QUEEN BED - Memory Foam - Sleeps 2 -
Separate 2 bedroom apartment - GROUND FLOOR
6) Master Bedroom - Queen Sized Bed - Sleeps 2 -
6a) Master Bedroom - Single Bed - Sleeps 1
7) Second Bedroom - Queens BED - Memory Foam - Sleeps 2 -
TOTAL in beds - can do 15 total.
With AIRBEDS and Fouton Couches we can sleep 21-27 comfy!
In addition, good to note - that one of the great things about our land is that we sit on water springs (that is how we got our fantastic lake!) and one of the wonderful health benefits of having your own natural well and spring water is the natural minerals that come with it. One of our minerals is Sulfur. Sulfur has been used medicinally since ancient times, and it is contained in every cell in your body. It is a component of three different amino acids (the building blocks that make up protein). Approximately 0.25 percent of your total body weight is sulfur. It is most concentrated in keratin, which gives you strong hair, nails, and skin. It is known as "nature's beauty mineral" because your body needs it to manufacture collagen, which keeps your skin elastic and looking young. Just a few days at our LAKE HOUSE and soaking in our spa and swimming in our natural spring lake could have wonderful health benefits for your body and well being! Guest AccessThe entire home except for the Garage and two storage closets where we keep our private items. Interaction with GuestsI'm available by phone 24/7 for anything related to your stay or the home. I also have a handyman on call and a housekeeper on call to make sure your stay is perfect. I'm easy to find by typing THE LAKE ILLYRIA ESTATE into your Internet browser - all my phone numbers and websites will show up. The NeighborhoodPRIVATE LAKE! PRIVATE POOL! PRIVATE THERAPEUTIC HOT TUB. OUR LAND BORDERS MOHONK TRUST AND IS ONLY 3 MINUTES FROM MINNEWASKA STATE PARK AND THE CLIMBING CLIFFS. WE ARE SURROUNDED BY WOODS CLIFFS AND THE MOUNTAINS.
WE ARE ONLY 4 MILES FROM NEW PALTZ WITH SHOPS, A MOVIE THEATRE, A UNIVERSITY AND EVERY TYPE OF STORE NEEDED INCLUDING SMALL SHOPPING MALLS. Getting AroundBUSSES GO FROM NEW YORK CITY TO NEW PALTZ AND YOU CAN TAKE A TAXI FROM NEW PALTZ TO OUR HOME. Other Things to Note. I'm easy to find by typing THE LAKE ILLYRIA ESTATE into your Internet browser - all my phone numbers and websites will show up.