The main house (approx 2,100 sq ft) features an open-plan kitchen / dining / living room area, with 4 bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms. Numerous windows and sliders provide ample natural light, and the decor gives the beach-house atmosphere. The real draw, however, is the attached deck, from which you can enjoy the garden, or watch the kids in the pool.
The cottage, meanwhile, is ideal to keep guests or children out of your hair - it features a 900 sq ft studio area with large sofa-bed and armchairs, a table and chairs for projects / boardgames, a large-screen TV, a library and kids' games! It also features a full bathroom with shower.
- The main house features a large deck with steps spilling out onto the lawn. The deck is split into a dining area with teak dining table for up to 10, and a separate relaxation area with cushioned teak armchairs for cocktails - or napping.
- The heated 32' x 16' sun-drenched pool is set directly into the deck, and is safely locked away behind a self-locking child safety fence. The pool area has both lounge chairs and shaded table seating.
- The tennis-court sized lawn is perfect for intense badminton tournaments and the swing-set/clubhouse is adored by the under-10 set.
Main House Layout & Amenities:
- The open plan living room/dining room features a working wood-burning fireplace (for cooler evenings), a large-screen TV, and WiFi & internet-radio access. Living room has ample comfortable seating for large groups. Falling asleep on the giant couch is not unheard of.
- The kitchen is fully-equipped for heavy-duty cooking, grilling, smoothie-making and cookie-baking. Kitchen sliding doors lead directly to outdoor dining table and to gas grill.
- Dining room table accommodates 8 adults comfortably; sliding doors lead directly to outdoor seating & dining areas.
- Deck is accessible from kitchen, dining room and downstairs bedroom.
- 2/BR & 1/BA on 1st floor; comfortable and isolated - ideal for a family o(URL HIDDEN) - Master BR on 1st floor has queen bed and private bathroom entranc(URL HIDDEN) - 2nd BR has trundle beds, TV, writing desk, and access to dec(URL HIDDEN) - Newly remodeled marble bathroom boasts large glassed-in shower
- 2/BR & 2/BA on 2nd floor; both bedrooms have ensuite bath & balcony acces(URL HIDDEN) - Master BR on 2nd floor has queen bed, TV, skylit designer bathroom & spa showe(URL HIDDEN) - 2nd BR has bunk beds, fold-out couch (sleeps add'l 2), skylit bath with tub/showe(URL HIDDEN)Private Cottage Amenities & Layout:
- Just across the lawn, the private cottage can be used as a playroom for the kids (easels, books, toys, large-screen TV, and workspace area)
- Tranquil sunlit upstairs studio space
- Separate garage area is full of equipment, including:
(URL HIDDEN)adult bikes; 3 children's bikes (with or without training wheels), 1 toddler bike
(URL HIDDEN)children's bicycle seats (to ride with adults)
- (1) bike buggy to haul 2 small kids; converts to a stroller
- (1) 2-man kayak (including adult + kids' paddles & life jackets)
- (1) hybrid kayak/stand-up paddle board
- (1) standard stand-up paddle board
- (2) kids and (2) adult tennis rackets (many free courts nearby)
- Top-quality badminton/volleyball set (we put the 'bad' in badminton!) Guest AccessYou have free run of the property during your stay! Interaction with GuestsWe're very happy to interact all you want during your stay. We can also help you plan some unique activities, and point you to a few 'secret spots' that are off the beaten path. The NeighborhoodThe house is located on a quiet lane, south of South Country Road, just 300 meters from the Moriches Bay beach. The neighborhood has a beachy feel, and is ideal for biking, running, kayaking and exploring the local beach.
The house is located just 1.9 miles from a quaint shopping center, containing a non-membership gym (Lift Westhampton Beach), several restaurants (bagel store, Brewology, Pearl Chinese Cuisine), liquor store, dry cleaner, hair salon, and gift shop.
We are also located just 3.8 miles from the center of Westhampton Beach village. WHB is famous for its restaurants, shops, and its proximity to the ocean beaches along Dune Road.
Dune Road is home to many pristine ocean beaches, as well as a variety of top-notch restaurants with spectacular ocean and bay views. Local dining options range from casual surf-shack to high-end seafood restaurants.
Cupsogue Beach County Park (9 miles) is great for kids - a public ocean beach with all the amenities (bathrooms, snack bar, live music, life guard).
The Quogue Wildlife Refuge (6 miles) offers miles of secluded walking trails, opportunities to interact with rescued wildlife, and fun programs for kids and adults (full moon hikes, kayaking on the pond, etc.). Getting AroundThe house is located 70 miles from New York City, and can easily be reached by train (Speonk or Westhampton LIRR stations) or by car. Miss all the traffic on Hwy 27 - Remsenburg/Westhampton Beach is the best-kept secret in the Hamptons! Other Things to NoteWe have a highly trusted local caretaker, who can help cook, clean and babysit during your stay.