The SpaceHi there and welcome our home's Airbnb page!
》》January & February 30% off when booking at least 30 days. Message us for details.
First, a little about us. We are a couple in our mid 30's and 40's who enjoy traveling quite a bit. We currently split our time between our cottage in North Carolina and our condo in Houston. So, while we are not in North Carolina we enjoy making our home available to guests who can enjoy it as well.
Until recently, we lived full time in our cottage for 6 years. However we decided to move closer to family in Texas (Jessica is originally from Houston). We love the Sandhills region of North Carolina and the treasures of living in rural America. And of course we absolutely love our cottage here in the country.
Built in the 1920's, the cottage was originally used to house a family that worked in a nearby town's textile mill. This house and the one across the street were sold and moved here to Carthage in 1978. In 2005 we saw this house and the 3 beautifully wooded acres it sat on and knew we wanted it. Over the next 2 years we completely renovated it and custom designed & curated every detail.
The cottage is now completely modern and equipped with heat & AC, high speed WiFi, TV and more. However, it's also a great place to enjoy the outdoors.
The house can sleep up to 4 people, but also perfect for a couple that want a quiet getaway. Two bedrooms are available to use. The master bedroom has a comfortable queen size sleigh bed and an armoire for storage. The master bedroom also opens up to a deck and gorgeous patio. We love to enjoy our morning coffee out there and listen to the birds chirping. :) The guest bedroom also has a queen size bed that comfortably sleeps two. There is a closet equipped with hangers and a shelf to put a few things away should you need.
We like to spread out on the sofa chaise couch, chair and 2 barstools in the living room when relaxing or working from our laptops.
The kitchen and living room are essentially the same room as our home is just under 800 square feet. When we have a meal we usually eat at the bar on the 2 bar stools or go outside to the patio to eat at the large 6 person patio table.
The kitchen is equipped with an apron front hand-hammered copper kitchen sink as well as toaster, microwave, refrigerator, stove/oven and coffeemaker. You will find the basics of what you'll need to cook a family meal or simply have toast and coffee.
We already have available a lot of “starter stuff” so our guests don't have to overbuy for short stays (coffee, creamer, sugar, condiments, propane, bug repellent, laundry detergent, etc) but please let us know if there's something you're lacking and we'll do our best to accommodate.
The house and patio have high speed Wifi access. You'll find a flat screen television in the living room and you can watch unlimited shows and movies on our Netflix account, or sign in to any of your accounts to watch what you want.
We have a charcoal and propane gas grill available for you to grill up a nice steak if you like and then enjoy it on our expansive patio while listening to birds or watching the fireflies.
The Outdoor Space:
There are three acres of land here and if you choose to roam around, please be careful. Most of the property is uncleared and wooded (plus “relics” of the past may still be lingering around the property) and we wouldn't want you to hurt yourself. In addition, we ask that you please avoid the tiny house in progress as we put the finishing touches on our latest project. Thank you! Guest AccessPlease enjoy the house, the back deck and patio if you like! Interaction with GuestsWe are available to answer any of your questions by text, email or phone. The NeighborhoodOur home sits in Carthage, NC which is 5 minutes from a grocery store, gas stations, and some small dining establishments. Just 15 minutes away in Southern Pines & Aberdeen area are even more restaurants, shopping and pubs. If you like to golf, Pinehurst has world renowned golf courses just 20 minutes away! Talamore Golf Resort is 20 minutes from the cottage. However, the closest golf course to our cottage is just 10 minutes or less away at Little River Golf & Resort.and in the town of Whispering Pines.
If you are in town to see friends or family and need a place to stay, our cottage is a convenient location to the surrounding communites of Southern Pines, Vass, Cameron, Woodlake, Robbins, Seagrove, Sanford and Whispering Pines.
If you are looking to keep up your fitness routine, we recommend Pinehurst Fitness Center. Day passes are just $15 and the gym's amenities are a pool, fitness classes including Crossfit, Pilates, Zumba and an array of machines and free weights.
For sight-seeing & other recreational options, there is plenty to do & see. Here are just a few:
* Just around the corner (ok maybe 3 corners) is a great authentic NC barbecue restaurant called "Pik n Pig." The culinary artisans at Pik n Pig got their start in a small food truck here in Carthage and eventually expanded to it's current location on a small airport strip making it even more unique.
* Pottery Highway - Seagrove is home to the country's largest community of potters and it's just around a 20-30 minute drive from Carthage. Here you can tour many potter's studios and purchase your own heirloom piece to take home.
* Cameron painted barns - a quick 10 minute drive and you'll see antique tobacco barns painted murals by a Cameron, NC native artist. It's definitely unique and "off the beaten path".
* We have over 25 farms in our area inviting you to go strawberry picking (April to August, depending on the farm), visit a peach farm, have farm fresh ice cream, buy local made goat cheese or honey, and so much more.
* If you visit in Autumn, you will not be disappointed. The foliage is beautiful and if you're up for it, go to a pumpkin patch and snap some family photos ;)
* Black Rock Winery just a short 10 minute drive.
* If you enjoy visiting local brewhouses, we have 2 breweries in the area: Railhouse Brewery and Southern Pines Brewing Company
* The beautiful Uwharrie National Forest is 30 miles away.
* Take a day trip to see the 550 acre Asheboro Zoo, you will not be disappointed.
* If antiquing is your thing, the Cameron Antique festival is held twice a year in Spring and Fall. Check their website for dates. Antiques of (URL HIDDEN)
* Fort Bragg military base is just under an hour away
* Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill are just an hour north from the cottage on US 1.
* Charlotte and Greensboro are approximately 1 and a half to 2 hours away
* After your booking is confirmed, we will email you a more detailed guidebook with all of our favorite things to do, see and eat Getting AroundPlenty of parking in driveway. Uber and Taxi available if needed but you will most likely find it more convenient to have your own vehicle. Other Things to NoteWhile the cottage itself is complete, you will notice that an additional project is now under way on the property. Located behind the cottage a little distance into the woods is our latest venture, a tiny house, is in progress and we hope to be completed soon. Rest assured no construction will be taking place while you stay at the cottage as we build in between guest stays.