The SpaceRecently updated home sits on 0.75 aces of lush grass and backs onto natural woodland area. Gorgeous views, morning or night, to take in the outdoor space and possible wildlife sightings - birds, deer, rabbits, neighborhood cats, or even a pesky gopher.
Back patio includes outdoor dining, umbrella, fire pit, rocking chair, plenty of room for backyard games, and endless summer fun! Take in the night stars, roast marshmallows over the fire, or sit back and watch the fireflies :)
The house is large enough for you to enjoy your privacy, should you choose. With 3 full, separate living room areas, you should be able to feel right at home in whichever room you prefer to relax or hang out.
Situated just 15 minutes drive from multiple major cities (including Akron, Canton and Kent) you will feel like you are "away from it all" in this countryside setting. Enjoy the peace and quiet of the country, without being far from amenities and attractions.
Short walk to a local pizzeria and wings carry-out spot, gas station, convenience store, and beer and wine shop. Just a 5-minute drive to major grocery store, restaurants, fast food, bowling, pubs, vineyards, micro-brewery, farmers market, local butcher, pharmacy and more. Or drive 10-15 minutes and you can reach just about anything else you might need!
Enjoy the natural beauty of Portage County's countryside, shop at local farms and markets, take in a run or walk through the quiet residential streets, stay active in nearby parks, visit Amish country, or kick back on our patio with a cold beverage and an evening fire.
There are a number of attractions nearby that may be your draw for visiting this area, and we can provide a comfortable, affordable stay with access to many. Below are just a few, but check out our Guidebook map for more, or just ask...we love sharing recommendations of places to see and things to do!
* Goodyear Blimp Air Hangar (2 minutes away)
* All-American Soapbox Derby Downs (5 minutes)
* Hartville Market & Kitchen (10 minutes)
* The University of Akron (15 minutes)
* Kent State University (15 minutes)
* Akron RubberDucks minor league baseball (15 minutes)
* Lock 3: downtown music & festival venue (15 minutes)
* Firestone PGA Golf Course, Bridgestone Invitational (15 minutes)
* Pro Football Hall of Fame (25 minutes)
* National First Ladies' Museum (25 minutes)
* Blossom Music Center (25 minutes)
* Cuyahoga Valley National Park (25 minutes)
* State Parks, Lakes, Metro Parks (everywhere nearby)
* Golf courses (everywhere nearby)
* Micro-breweries (everywhere nearby)
* Cleveland - Indians Baseball, Browns Football, Cavaliers Basketball, Great Lakes Science Center, playhouses, restaurants, breweries and more (45-60 minutes)
* Amish Country (45-60 minutes)
If visiting the Akron-Canton-Kent area for a new adventure, family getaway, golf trip, or business conference, we hope to provide you with all the comforts of home, in a beautiful setting and convenient location to get everywhere :) Guest Access* Individual set of keys to access house as you please
* Private bedroom, queen bed, linens provided, 42" TV with DVD player, dresser and limited closet space available
* Shared bathroom, oversized bathtub/shower, tall sink vanity, towels, washcloths
* Front living room with 42" TV with basic cable and DVD player
* Back sunroom with wall-to-wall windows, overlooks gorgeous backyard space, perfect for a cup of coffee and a book
* Finished walk-out basement, sitting room with 42" TV and DVD player
* Over 200 DVDs to choose from while staying with us
* Basement table for separate dining, or desk space if needing to get work done
* Hi-speed wireless internet throughout house
* Fully-equipped kitchen for cooking if you would like
* Breakfast provided: cereal bars, fruit cups, and juice
* Central heating/air throughout house
* Free on-site parking
* Washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board if needed (upon request)
* Patio space, outdoor dining, fire pit and roasting skewers (firewood not provided, but available at nearby stores)
* Recreational and sporting equipment - football, baseball/softball gloves, tennis racquets, bocce and volleyball (upon request) Interaction with GuestsIf you're looking for your own quiet time, there is plenty of space to remain separate from us and keep to yourself. If looking to socialize and enjoy an evening drink with us, we can do that too. Basically, we are very casual and easygoing, and willing to accommodate whichever style of visiting you prefer.
Regardless, we are more than happy to provide recommendations of places to see while in town. We LOVE our area, and there are so many wonderful sights to take in around Akron-Canton-Kent. Lots of restaurants to try, parks to explore, markets to shop, sporting events to watch, museums to visit and more. Allow us to help you make the most of your experience in the area! The NeighborhoodWe are on a quiet dead-end street, just 1-minute drive to the nearest highway. As close as we are to main roads though, you won't hear anything once you reach our property.
We live in the kind of place where everyone knows everyone. It's just a great place to be, and to escape the typical "concrete jungle," and we hope you will truly feel at home here! Getting AroundBeing that we are in the countryside, there is no public transit. A vehicle is required to access our home, and get around while staying with us. There is plenty of on-site parking in our very long, double driveway. You can access US-224 in 1 minute, access I-77 in 8 minutes, and access I-76 in 10 minutes. We are about 20 minutes from the Akron-Canton (CAK) Airport, or 50 minutes to the Cleveland Hopkins (CLE) Airport. Other Things to NoteWe have 2 cats who live in the house - they are strictly indoor pets. Both the Cayman Bedroom and Carolina Bedroom always remain closed, so they are kitty-free. We keep the other common spaces of the house very clean too. Both cats are playful yet polite - they keep to themselves and usually shy away from guests anyway. If you are not a fan of cats, there is the option to separate them in the basement level during your stay - please just ask us :)
Families/children, solo travelers, couples, business visitors, LGBT folks, adventurers, sports enthusiasts...and everyone in between are ALL welcome. We get along with people from all backgrounds, so anyone and everyone is welcome in our home!
If looking for more than 2 people, we have an additional guest space available - the Carolina Bedroom. Also contains queen bed, with dresser and closet space available. Would be same bathroom shared between guests of both bedrooms. Additional cost for this room is $15 per night, per guest. So 1-2 visitors is $55 per night for Cayman Bedroom only, 3 people is $70 for both rooms, or 4 people is $85 for both rooms. If interested, please include this in your initial booking inquiry so we may adjust the price accordingly.
We often have access to a canoe, or stand-up paddleboards, to enjoy on our various lakes down the road. We can also supply a simple system to secure it on your car, so don't worry about not having roof racks - we work in recreation for a living, and know all about loading boats on cars! If interested, please provide advanced notice and we can work to reserve those for during your visit. An additional fee will be added, depending on which type of watercraft you wish to borrow.
If there is something you would like to know, that we failed to include in this listing, please don't hesitate to ask!