The SpaceThe home sits on 400' of waterfront on the Colorado River. It's the same river that runs through Austin and out to the Gulf of Mexico. There's a boat ramp on the riverbank that allows for easy access in and out of the river.
Guests can enjoy kayaking and fishing during the day (there's a locally renown fishing area within a few feet of our boat ramp). You'll have full access to a fleet of 8 kayaks. Enjoy bonfires in the 5' in-ground fire pit beneath breathtaking sunsets and starry skies at night.
This home sleeps 12 people:
- 2 in the master king bedroom
- 2 in the queen bedroom
- 3 in the full/twin bunk bedroom
- 2 in each of the 2 full futons in the living room (4 total)
- 1 in the cot that can be set up in any room
Past guests have also brought and set up tents in the back yard. Guest AccessGuests will have access to the entire home, located behind a steel security gate. The home is equipped with:
- 3 bedrooms (including 1 master bedroom)
- 2 bathrooms (including the master en suite)
- ample closet space
- living room with 2 futons, 1 couch, 2 chairs, end tables, and TV with DirectTV, USB and HDMI ports, DVD player, and Roku
- dining table and chairs
- kitchen, stocked with cooking essentials, gas stove, microwave, refrigerator and dishwasher
- clothes washer and dryer
- air conditioning and heating
- WiFi internet access
We live next door and the two yards are connected via a side gate. In short, you have access to the entire 3.5 acres of property, including:
- large, in-ground swimming pool with tanning ledge, pool volleyball setup, waterfall, which is surrounded by a cement patio
- a fleet of 8 kayaks (2 sit-in style, 2 sit-on fishing style and 4 traditional sit-on style) with oars and life jackets
- a riverside 5 foot in-ground fire pit (perfect for s'mores)
- a boat ramp that provides easy access in and out of the river
- plenty of outdoor seating, including an outdoor dining table
- 15 x 15' covered gazebo on a 15 x 45' foot deck that overlooks the river
- BBQ smoker and grill
We provide all of the amenities you'd find at a typical hotel suite, including:
- bed linens
- bath towels
- beach towels
- kitchen supplies for cooking and dining
- WiFi internet access
- we typically don't provide bath soap, shampoo and personal products because product preferences vary, but let us know if you forgot something and we'll try to help if we can Interaction with GuestsWe live next door and are happy to be as engaged or invisible as you'd like. We have dogs that like to interact with guests. If you're uncomfortable for any reason we can easily bring them inside our house or put them in a locked dog run/pen. The NeighborhoodGarfield is a small, rural neighborhood, tucked along the bend of the Colorado River, and located only 15 minutes from the Austin airport. It's a quiet residential and ranch neighborhood, surrounded by nature. On your way to the home you'll pass pastures of cows, horses and goats.
There's a small cafe in Garfield, Hit the Spot, that serves home-style country food, and a pizza restaurant, Suezillas Pizza. There are also a few restaurants within a 10-15 min drive (see the map for details). We don't have a grocery store within the town. Most guests bring groceries, or drive to Austin or Bastrop upon their arrival.
When you look up Garfield, TX online you might notice that it has the same zip code as Del Valle, TX. Garfield is a census tract district of Del Valle, which is an unincorporated area of Austin. Getting AroundYou'll need a car to get around to/from the home. You could also use a ride-sharing service.
It's an easy 15-minutes drive east on TX-71 from Austin Bergstrom International airport (AUS). Downtown Austin is only 18 mi away, with convenient access via the 130 toll road and TX-71.
If you don't want to go to Austin, the medium-size city of Bastrop to the east of us has the essentials (grocery store, superstore, restaurants and pharmacies).
We're also located a short distance from the Circuit of the Americas track and concert venue, home to Formula One (F1) racing, and new wakeboarding and surf parks. Other Things to NotePlease note: smoking is not permitted inside the home, but you may smoke on the covered second level balcony, or outdoors. We ask that you dispose of your butts responsibly.
If you plan to use the kayaks we recommend you bring shoes that strap or tie to your feet that you don't mind getting wet or muddy. Water bottles, a lightweight cooler, snacks, and sun protection are also useful.
The nightly rate covers up to 12 guests. We charge $20/day per additional guests (for the day or the night) to cover the additional wear and tear on the house (clean up, utilities, septic, etc). This applies to weddings/large events as well.
We ask that you clean up after your guests, or hire someone to do so. We're happy to make recommendations for vendors that have worked well at our venue in the past.
The back doors has numeric keypad deadbolt lock, so you won't need a key. We'll send you the current key code before you check-in.
We offer flexible check-in and check-out times as long as no one is arriving/departing on the same day. If there will be guests checking in and out on the same day we ask for an 11am checkout and 3pm check-in time so we have enough time to clean between guests. We'll try to accommodate your group as best we can in these situations.