Have the Vermont retreat of a lifetime with this historic 6-bedroom, 5-bath ‘Craftsbury Farmhouse’, tucked away on 7 peaceful acres in the Black River Valley. You’ll absolutely adore the warmth and beauty of this old farmhouse, which boasts extensive renovations, modern amenities and accommodations for 12.
A New England Cape-style home built in 1826, The Craftsbury Farmhouse has been in the Wilson family for seven generations. Tucked away on 7 acres of tranquil perennial gardens, rolling pastures and mowed walking trails, this historic farmhouse offers privacy, peace and relaxation to those who visit. Inside, the home features over 3,300 square feet extensively remodeled living space and welcoming country-inspired furnishings, making this the ideal lodging choice for multiple families or several couples traveling together. The plush living room couches invite you to kick back and relax, as you watch your favorite shows on the flat-screen HDTV or sing along as your companions play a diddy on the piano. The fully-equipped kitchen, with AGA stove centerpiece, is the perfect place to prepare tasty home cooked meals to enjoy with your loved ones in the spacious dining room. All 6 bedrooms are lovingly decorated, and offer incredible space and privacy for guests. You’ll absolutely love the 1,000 square foot Maple Suite Annex on the second floor, which has a private ensuite bathroom, entertainment area, a gorgeous wall mural by Jessie Upson and beautifully detailed wood art by the famous Hugo Mesa.
After your meal, step outside the backdoor to relax in the stunning natural beauty of Vermont’s fabled Northeast Kingdom, watching as the bluebirds, hummingbirds, and cardinals flit from tree to tree. Soak your cares away in the 4-person hot tub, or kick back with your travel companions in the 16x16 screened-in porch, which offers stunning vistas of the rolling fields, glorious sugar maples and 100 year-old pines towering above peaceful perennial gardens. Fire up the gas grill to dine al fresco in this fully-furnished outdoor space, featuring a selection of patio furniture, couches, and benches. In your downtime, look forward to sipping a refreshing cold brew on the massive deck overlooking Whetstone Brook, soothing your sore muscles in the far-infrared sauna, or strolling along the water to catch a glimpse of the local wildlife known to frequent the area.
Although the farmhouse offers everything necessary for the ultimate Northeastern escape, you won’t want to miss out on exploring the fantastic attractions surrounding the property! Just 2 minutes up the road you will find all the essentials stocked at The Craftsbury General Store and C Village Store, as well as the popular Pete’s Greens Organic Farm Stand - known for harvesting delicious organic vegetables and produce. Be sure to check out the olympic training facilities at The Craftsbury Outdoor Center, or spend the afternoon sampling tasty local microbrews and spirits at The Hill Farmstead Brewery and Caledonia Spirits. Outdoor enthusiasts will also love the farmhouse’s close proximity to Stowe, Jay Peak and Burke Mountain, which offer some of the best hiking, biking and skiing in the entire state! Additionally, you will find numerous pristine lakes located nearby with fantastic opportunities for swimming, kayaking, canoeing and fishing. Regardless of how you choose to spend your time in Vermont, the ‘Craftsbury Farmhouse’ will quickly become a place you wish to return to year after year.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, 7 acres of perennial gardens and mowed walking trails, 4-person hot tub, expansive deck overlooking Whetstone Brook, 16x16 screened-in dining room, large private yard, wireless internet access, 3 person Far-infrared Sauna, handicap accessible walk in tub/shower, fire pit, gas grill, 2 flat-screen cable HD TVs with DirectTV, in-unit laundry machines and much more!
- Beautiful, scenic Craftsbury location close to The Craftsbury Outdoor Center, Hill Farmstead Brewery, The Craftsbury General Store, Positive Pie Restaurant, Pete’s Greens Organic Farm, Caledonia Spirits, Stowe, Jay Peak and Burke Mountain.
- Master Bedroom (Apple Blossom Room): Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2 (Front Room): Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 3 (Antiquity Room): 2 Twin-sized Beds
- Bedroom 4 (Laura Ashley Room): Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 5 (Bramble Room): Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 6 (Maple Suite): Queen-sized Bed
- No smoking
- No pets allowed. If evidence of pets are found anywhere on the property, a post-stay fee will be charged. We appreciate your cooperation
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Events, parties and large gatherings allowed with an additional fee, pending homeowner approval. Please reach out to Evolve for further information
- Additional fees and taxes may apply