The SpaceWe created this cozy, private space so we could welcome our family and friends to our home while giving them a little privacy, too. When our loved ones aren't visiting, we make it available on Airbnb. There is one bedroom, a living/dining room, a kitchenette (microwave, fridge, induction hot plate, countertop oven, coffee machine, kettle for hot water), and laundry room (washer, dryer & large sink). This space is part of our home, and we care for it as such. We choose products and cleaners for the space that are friendly for people and the environment. We recently remodeled with Zero-VOC paint and cork floors. We provide our guests with organic and/or local coffee, tea, milk, honey, sugar and maple syrup. Our space isn't fancy, but it's important to us that it's extremely comfortable and meets the needs of our guests - weather they are old friends or people we've just met.
Upon request, we can provide:
- A queen size air mattress set up in the living room
- A pack-and-play
- A high-chair
- Please ask if you need something else Guest AccessWe provide guests with two tandem parking spaces in our driveway. You also have a private entrance off a patio in our backyard, a bedroom, a large living/dining room, kitchenette, full laundry facilities and a full bath (with a shower, no bathtub). All of the indoor space is for your private use and we will not enter it during your stay. Outdoors we have extensive perennial and edible gardens, including raspberries, blueberries, peaches, serviceberries, extensive herb gardens and lots of annual goodies depending on the time of year. There are many cozy outdoor spaces to enjoy, such as the hanging chairs under the old oak, the patio right outside your apartment door or benches on the lawn. Outdoor spaces are shared with us, but you are more than welcome to enjoy any/all of our outdoor spaces. Interaction with GuestsWe are happy to have you call, email or knock with any problems or questions about the space or area. We enjoy meeting new people and would love to chat with you, but default to giving our guests the space and privacy to determine their preferred level of interaction. The NeighborhoodThe Laurel Hill neighborhood is an extremely quiet and friendly small neighborhood. We live in the back of the neighborhood, across from a large wooded area, so see very little traffic. Just a few houses down the road is an entrance to Szymankski Park (playground/tennis courts) and the South Burlington bike path which you can follow to Lake Champlain or Downtown Burlington. We're in an extremely convenient neighborhood for access to anything around the Burlington area, but this is also a very pleasant place relax with no where to go. Getting AroundOur location is extremely convenient! We are near:
- Burlington International Airport (12 min by car / 5 miles)
- Downtown Burlington (10 min by car / 3 miles)
- Local Highways: 189 (2 min by car) & 89 (4 min by car)
- The South Burlington Bike Path (9 houses away)
- Local shopping (Hannaford and Lowes less than 5 min away by car, 12 min walking, 3/4 mile)
-Public Transportation: 8 minute walk (1/2 mile) to the #6 bus that goes North on Rt 7 to Downtown Burlington Other Things to NotePlease be aware:
- Your access door is in the backyard, and requires walking about 100 feet from your car on a stone path and steps.
- We do not supply a tv. However, we do have very high speed internet, so you can stream using your own device.
- We live above the apartment with our toddler. At times, you will hear him/us.
- We have a friendly medium-sized dog. You may meet her in the backyard. If that's a problem, please let us know in advance and we'll walk her on a leash during your stay.
- Although we do not allow pets, the apartment and some of the furniture has had some exposure to dogs. We keep it very clean, but if you have a severe allergy it may not be the place for you. The apartment and furniture have not been exposed to cats.