The SpaceThis is one of three areas we have available, all newly remodeled. Efficiency +1Bedrm listing #120773; double bedroom with private marble bath #434917; see end of this description for more info.
*If you are staying for longer periods and are more than one person, please contact us about pricing.
MASTER SUITE, one room with real Queen bed & single roll out bed with thick foam mattress,
- large attached/ensuite new all white marble bath - - spacious walk-in closet with shelves and hanging space (we do have some things stored in the closet but it is mostly vacant);
- drawer and hanging storage in the bath as well;
- 32" flat screen TV/DVD/cable/free WIFI;
- share dining/living room and kitchen/entrance, deck, patio, yard (must be clean in shared areas)
- Hair dryer, iron and ironing board available.
- Free parking either in driveway or on street out front
- smoke detector in room as well as other areas on this level and downstairs; carbon monoxide detector
SIGHTS AND WASHINGTON, DC - We are located near two metro stops leading into Washington, DC as well as several main roads. We are also just a few miles east of a number of Civil War Battlefields, namely Manassas Battlefield Park and Visitor's Center, and other related sites to the west. Shenandoah National Park and Skyline Drive are about an hour's drive west from here. Activities include driving to see the fall leaves, camping, staying in a lodge, fine dining, live local music, horseback riding in the mountains, wildlife watching for deer and black bears. Virginia is also home to many horse farms and events near Middleburg and Upperville, as well as lots of award winning wineries. For more information to go (URL HIDDEN) or (URL HIDDEN) the local tourism websites.
To the east, on the way to Washington, DC are parks, hiking and biking trails, the Potomac River, which has boating and sailing, as well as many period forts and mansions along the river. Mt. Vernon and other lesser known Colonial sites and gardens are located here. You can even see the monuments by boat from the river: take a dinner/dancing cruise ship to do it. We have a glass top boat just like in Paris. There are restaurants and marinas all along the Virginia side of the river. Guest Access- Private master suite & bath; large closet
- Shared Living and dining areas; and entrance
- KITCHEN: We share the kitchen with you, but we provide you with your own mini-refrigerator, coffee & coffee maker, and storage space; kitchen is fully equipped with appliances, pots, flatware that you are welcome to use.
- microwave, two ovens, smooth top range, dishwasher, toaster oven, blender, bread machine, steamer, coffee maker, electric kettle.
- We ask that you put your used utensils into the dishwasher and wipe off the counter tops each time. We will run it and put things back.
- Please wash your pots and pans and keep kitchen clean
Interaction with GuestsWe work from home and are here most of the time.
We enjoy company and getting to know our guests, but we are flexible as to interaction, and will be happy to give you as much privacy as you need. The NeighborhoodNEIGHBORHOOD:
This is an established neighborhood with lots of large trees and a large park with trails just off the main roads, but feels like an oasis with mature trees and quiet streets. We are centrally located near shopping, restaurants and major highways. There is a park at the end of the street with access to a walking/bike trail that leads to Washington, DC, Mt. Vernon, and Leesburg, VA to the west. There are food stores and other shopping centers very near here in virtually all directions, but we are in a quiet oasis away from the commotion.
- Near Vienna & Dunn Loring metro stops on the Orange Line to Vienna
- Midway between Washington's Reagan National & Dulles airports
- Bus service; restaurants; grocery stores; Tyson's Corner I and II and Fair Oaks Malls within a few miles
- Historic sites: Bull Run/Manassas, Fredericksburg, Shenandoah National Park & Skyline Drive, Shenandoah River & Valley
- Potomac River, parks
- 30 minutes from Washington DC.
- There is also plenty of wildlife to observe from your room, the car or the hiking trail, including deer, foxes, racoons, and lots of birds.
* 2 miles from the Vienna, VA metro station, last stop in Va on the Orange Line. For more info on our local metro system visit (URL HIDDEN) which includes trains and buses.
* There is a bus stop at the entrance to the neighborhood, which is about a 5 block walk from our house.
-There is a CUE bus stop for George Mason University students on the outside edge of the neighborhood.
* Free parking for all guests, either in the driveway or on the street in front of the house.
* Midway between the major airports, Dulles International Airport and Reagan National Airport in Washington, DC. Both of these are about a half hour trip from here. BWI is 1.5 hour drive.
- Right off major route 495, beltway around the Washington, DC metro area; route 66 and others. Other Things to NoteTWO ADDITIONAL LISTINGS AT THIS LOCATION:
1)LISTING # 120773 Efficiency apt. + 1Bedrm w/private full bath - 1) Efficiency + separate bedroom (available to parties of 3 or more), w kitchenette/dining area, utensils/dishes/appliances, full bath/tub/shower, private patio, shared gas grill/fire pit, separate entrance/key, driveway parking spaces, access to laundry (if staying 4 or more days; one load per person per week except for linens & towels); separate furnace controls, window AC (usually not necessary), TV/DVDs/wireless internet access, sleeps up to 8 comfortably; 2 real double beds, one fold out queen size bed w/thick foam mattress, new plush full size couch/chaise/bed. 582 sq ft plus bath.
2)LISTING #434917 Private Double Room & Marble Bath -Private newly remodeled double room and newly remodeled marble and granite full bath (upstairs from the room, not attached); includes double/full real mattress, fully furnished with work desk and chair, window to garden, separate entrance, parking space, free wifi, flat screen TV w/Verizon cable, microwave, mini refrigerator, coffee maker, use of dining area and food prep area.