The SpaceThe cottage, found as a historic example of Green Bay lakeside architecture on the Wisconsin Historical Society, delivers a full Green Bay experience for Packers Fans, Golfers, Foodies and Business Travelers alike.
This vacation home is fully stocked and ready for families or friends to enjoy vacations, Packer Games, or even cook and serve a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
We are 5 minutes from the free Game Day Shuttle where you can safely park your car and shuttle to the game with other Fans, or you could Uber or Taxi for about $20.
If you can, we recommend flying into either Green Bay or Appleton airports, but many guests have come into Chicago or Milwaukee and enjoyed the scenic lakefront drive.
Our guests share that 4 things they like about the space are:
1. Unlike some entire home AirBnB entire home rentals, we don't live here. We live in the cottage right next door. We are available and accessible, but aren't moving out or sharing a part of our home for their convenience. Instead, guests cozy right into the cottage and treat it as it is intended - a relaxing beachfront escape.
2. Business travelers have appreciated the WiFi access, and can have printer access upon request. They have also liked the location - central in the heart of Green Bay means it is minutes away from Green Bay businesses and manufacturers but gives the relaxation of going home at the end of a day of meetings or presentations.
3. The view from the deck - our deck is newly rebuilt - raised to improve your view of the water. Our recent guest sat out there for hours watching the ships come and go, listening to the waves and enjoying a local microbrew.
4. The comfort of the kitchen - With Heidi as a gourmet cook, she tries everything she puts in the kitchen. If it doesn't work for our meals, we don't give it to our guests. From cookbooks to cookware to the layout, making a meal is both enjoyable and social.
This two bedroom space will sleep up to 6 people - with 2 comfortable bedrooms as well as a new queen-sized sleeper sofa in the large living room.
The kitchen is complete with a wine refrigerator, and stocked with pots, pans, and plenty of cookware.
The backyard is perfect for cookouts on the deck as well as bonfires in the rustic fire pit out by the Bay. We've even found a way to anchor a beach umbrella when needed if you want to enjoy the beach but protect yourself (or your children) from the sun's harmful rays.
Having a divided bathroom space - with the shower in one room and the vanity having its own area allows increased privacy.
A couple of improvements we've made based on guest feedback include:
1. Shower safety railings for guests who need a little extra help
2. Beautiful oak luggage racks in each bedroom for guests who prefer to enjoy Green Bay rather than take the time to unpack
3. Added infant friendly amenities such as a Diaper Genie, a Pack n Play and a high chair so young families can simply check in and enjoy.
Please, if you have special considerations - let us know. We are happy to make reasonable accommodations to make your stay more enjoyable. Guest AccessGuests can enjoy the privacy of this home, and all of the amenities within. The washer-dryer is new as is all of the cookware and kitchen supplies.
Visitors can make themselves at home - preparing meals together, enjoying backyard games like ladder ball or bocce ball, or enjoying the nostalgia of family board games.
We even have a couple of kayaks you may use at your own risk. Life jackets will be provided, although the Bay is fairly shallow.
In-home entertainment includes
- Cable television
- Netflix Streaming
- Amazon Prime Streaming
- Wi-Fi password
- Books and other reading material
- Both Adult and Child Friendly Board Games for getting snowed-in
Each bedroom, including the sofa sleeper in the living room, has 700 tc cotton sheets for a sound night's sleep
Snow removal provided in the winter months, but we aren't opposed to guests grabbing a shovel and having some fun. Interaction with GuestsWe live in the cottage next door - year round. We also love to travel, however, so they may be off on our own adventure during your visit. However you will be welcomed personally upon your arrival for an overview of the property and the neighborhood.
We want you to be comfortable and enjoy the cottage as if it were your own. We are around if you need us, but we will also certainly respect your privacy.
If we are away, local folks contact information will be available to guests in case of an emergency. Our wonderful cleaning lady, Farol, is local, and she is often happy to help with special requests if you are in town for an extended time. The NeighborhoodOur cottage in Green Bay is serviced by several airports as well as Uber, Taxi Service and a City Bus Line with free Packer Game Day Shuttles. The unique waterfront, beachfront location is 5 minutes from downtown.
- 15 minutes from Austin Straubel Airport (GRB).
- 40 Minutes from Appleton (ATW)
- 2 Hours drive from Milwaukee's General Mitchell (MKE)
- 3 Hours drive from Chicago's O'Hare (ORD)
The property is less than 1 mile from Bay Beach Amusement Park - a vintage park where rides cost only a quarter, and the Zippin Pippin Roller Coaster was Elvis' favorite attraction in Tennessee.
Summer time brings fresh produce, and we are only minutes away from the local Farmers Market. Green Bay closes down a couple of city blocks every Wednesday afternoon and Saturday morning so produce vendors, local artists, and our downtown Shop Local entrepreneurs can showcase their wares.
And should you enjoy a nature stroll, the Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary is directly across the street. Visit the wolves, the birds, and the other friendly natives who make their home there.
Lots to do and see in Green Bay and the Fox Cities - join us! Getting AroundVisitors will be able to park up to 3 vehicles overnight. We are in walking distance to the local bus stops, and Green Bay's public transportation system makes getting around easy if you don't choose to drive. We've also noticed Uber starting a presence, so you can take Uber or call a taxicab if you prefer to have a designated driver. Because we are so close to downtown, cabs are easier to catch.
We are also in a bicycle friendly area, so grabbing a bike ride to downtown can bring you to restaurants like Title Town Brewery or The Black & Tan. Or maybe if they are in season, you might have a Green Bay Packer sighting if you stop for lunch at The Urban Frog on Broadway. Other Things to NoteGreen Bay isn't just about Football (although that is a pretty big deal). We are just 40 miles or so South of Door County - a popular, upscale Midwest Vacationer's get away. From the cottage, you can pack a picnic and take a day trip North to enjoy wine-tasting, antiquing, fishing, boating, or enjoying a lighthouse tour.
We have several wonderful golf courses and can even recommend an expert Golf Pro nearby if you need an intro or just to brush up on your skills.