The SpaceA peaceful luxurious environment awaits you as you enter this spectacular mountain cottage and it's detached Guest House, enjoying Panoramic westerly/southern views of forest, valley and magnificent North Peak.
Located only 3/4 mile from town...
FOR SMALL FAMILY GATHERINGS, REUNIONS, RETREATS OR MEETINGS
It looks like a postcard... Tucked away like a bird’s nest in a forest of tall trees, this cozy cottage offers guests the chance to feel rejuvenated by the great outdoors. Built into the side of a mountain, this cabin features picturesque mountain, forest, and valley views from its deck, living room, and dining room.
Although secluded, this luxury forested site is not remote, & guests can enjoy the convenience of Julian being less than a mile away. There are sights, state parks, and attractions within minutes, and the Pacific Ocean is only an hour away. This is a fantastic location for those who want to get away from it all, as well as those who want to enjoy the many great places that Southern California has to offer.
Welcome to The Nest!
Lovely,peaceful and quiet
Guest Danielle E.
What a beautiful place to call home this weekend! My husband and I wanted to get away for a little romantic getaway and we decided to spend it in Julian. We chose the Nest primarily for the Jacuzzi style spa, and it looked like it was newly remodeled. The decor is so tasteful and thoughtfully done. Lots of birds, hence the name "the Nest"
Loved the jacuzzi under the stars! We felt like we were in our own little world! The lighting in the house was wonderful with dimmer lights throughout, very nice touch! Kitchen was gorgeous!
Rick the owner was great and Maria the property mgr was very sweet too. They had water taffy, gingerbread cookies and a cherry cider for us upon arrival and breakfast vouchers for us well.
We will definitely be back!
Recommended for: Romantic getaway.
Jacuzzi under the stars + Newly remodeled! :)
Guest Colette H.
What an amazing place to call home for a few days! We definitely enjoyed the remodel and all the modern furnishings that came with our stay here! Felt like we were in the middle of nowhere, yet we were .8 miles from town. Really enjoyed the jacuzzi under the stars too! We found lots to do during the day - hiking, Lake Cuyamaca (can rent boats or kayaks), gold mine tours, Camel Dairy, and of course walking the downtown area of Julian! Great location to getaway yet be near it all!
POSTED PRICES INCLUDE 8% TAX.
Our Calendar is current and up to date...
AUTOMATED RESERVATION SYSTEM... TO MAKE A RESERVATION Simply Click... Book It !
The NEST is a bird themed 1952 Cottage with a beautiful detached Guest House.
Like a NEST...
A peaceful luxurious environment awaits you as you enter this spectacular mountain cottage and detached Guest House. Enjoy Panoramic westerly/southern views of forest, valley and magnificent North Peak.
Located only 3/4 mile from town... Welcome to The Nest!
WHAT IS THE NEST?
The NEST is a bird themed completely remodeled 1952 main Cottage and separate detached Guest House. Each having their own kitchen.
LIKE A NEST...
* Our Main cottage and Guest House are high up and provide Panoramic views of North Peak and valleys below.
* The Nest is warm, inviting and cozy inside.
* You are surrounded by large trees.
* Both 1952 cottages were actually cut and built into the side of mountain (see photo).
* The Courtyard is common to both the Main Cottage and the Guest House. It includes a new Hot bubbling Caldera SPA.
* Our GUEST HOUSE is made available for no additional charge when there are nine (9) or more registered guests in your party.
A new STATE-OF-THE-ART
* Enjoy your very own private Theater at The Nest.
* Experience movies and sporting events like never before on our gigantic eight foot (8') HDTV projection screen.
* Floor to Ceiling curtains, Beautiful Leather Recliner Seating and Dolby/DTS 5.1 Surround Sound. (SEE PHOTO).
* There is also a separate area which includes a large conference/dining table with seating for up to eight people. Plus a newly remodeled downstairs bathroom.
* We've added a New Leather sofa Queen size convertible sofa-bed.
* Home Theater can be used for gatherings, reception, Crafts, Games, and Dining,)
* The NEST property with it's two cottages have just about every modern luxury imaginable!
*The NEST is beautiful. The memories you make here will be with you for a lifetime! We'd love for you to come and stay!
Enjoy clean mountain air, forests teaming with wildlife. Where Deer, Hawks, Blue Jays, Woodpeckers, Red Foxes, Silver Foxes, Polts and Wild Turkeys, may be seen nearby or on the property. Gentle snowfall in winter months. Brilliant fall colors, cool spring temperatures, summer warmth, and cold mountain spring water! Close to everything in southern California, yet quiet and distant from the noise and traffic jams of the city. Crisp, clear night skies display millions of stars and shooting stars, a family get-away that's great for the kids; or a quiet, secluded romantic honeymoon hide-away... The NEST.
a. Luxurious New Glass shower/bath.
b. Mosaic Greek-marble communicates beautiful opulence.
c. His and her's under-mount sinks with Granite counter tops.
d. Linens and towels provided for no additional fee.
Sparkling new all Stainless Steel Gourmet kitchens in both cottages. Both have the following:
a. High-end Samsung range and convection oven,
b. Samsung microwave,
c. Dishwasher (Main cottage only),
d. Stainless Steel refrigerator with ice and water dispenser (ice/water dispenser in Main cottage only),
e. Granite counter tops and under-mount GRANITE SINK,
Enjoy the beautiful new hardwood floors.
The living room provides a wood burning fireplace in the Main Cottage and a thermostatically controlled propane burning stove in the Guest House (see photographs).
5. ELEVATED COURTYARD:
* The Courtyard is a common area shared by both the Main Cottage and The Guest House.
* TWO outdoor Propane BBQ's are available for your outdoor culinary cooking enjoyment and a SPA.
6. CALDERA SPA:
Caldera Spa was just purchased and delivered to the NEST. Getting it installed in the NEST’s upper courtyard was a challenge. The solution required an eighty foot (80’) crane be brought in to lift the Spa up the slope and over the top of the house. Into the Courtyard.
1. Home sits on a spacious lot with Circular driveway. The circular driveway is paved with concrete.
2. IT IS A STEEP DRIVEWAY UP TO THE COTTAGES.
3. PARKING IS LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF FOUR (4) VEHICLES.
7. FULLY EQUIPPED LAUNDRY ROOM:
New 40” HDTV television (Main) & 37' HDTV television (Guest). CABLE, DVR, & New Blu-Ray players for both houses.
9. NEW CENTRAL FORCED AIR HEATING & CONDITIONING in Main Cottage.
(There is AIR CONDITIONING in the Guest House).
Pets and smoking are NOT allowed.
RESERVE NOW: Make THE NEST your home in beautiful Julian CA. Thank you.
Minutes from the turn-of-the-century town of Historic Julian Founded in 1870, enjoy clean mountain air, forests teaming with wildlife, crisp clear night skies. The Cleveland National Forest, Heise State Park, Cuyamaca State Park, shopping, dining, The Smith's Train Ride, Gold mine and museum tours, Hiking, fishing and picnicking at Cuyamaca Lake, horseback riding, visit the Wolf Preserve, Dudley's Bakery, go wine tasting at over 40 area wineries, and night-time stargazing tours.
Jess Martin Park is located ¼ mile from town. It offers barbecue pits, picnic tables, playground equipment, a skate-park, baseball fields, a paved walking path (3 laps=1 mile), and a great outdoor fitness center for daily workouts. Experience colorful Daffodils & Lilacs in the spring, star gazing in the summer, apple picking in the fall, or sledding in the winter. Julian Apple Festival in September/October; and, of course... Apple Pie.
TWENTY minutes from CEDAR CREEK FALLS with it's 80 foot waterfalls, the Warner Springs and Borrego Springs desert and their respective golf courses, Palomar Observatory; and The Oasis Camel Dairy... The only camel dairy in the USA (tours available);
ABOUT AN HOUR to Agua Caliente Hot Springs, the Pacific Ocean with its beautiful beaches, SeaWorld, Legoland, San Diego Zoo and the Safari Park (Formerly 'The Wild animal Park');
A FEW HOURS from shopping in Mexico, playing in Disneyland, and visiting the cultural center of Los Angeles and the Palm Springs Desert.
Check-in time is 4PM.
Check-out time is 11AM.
Keywords: Mountain retreat, ranch, weekend getaway, vacation home, Family Getaway, Meetings, Gatherings
We support responsible Vacation Renters through (URL HIDDEN) At any time before, after or during your stay with us, your information may be shared with (URL HIDDEN) Guest AccessEXTRA SLEEPING ACCOMMODATIONS OUTSIDE OF BEDROOMS:
* There is a Queen size Convertible sofa in Guest Cottage Living Room to accommodate sleeping for two (2) persons.
* An automatic electric Queen size inflatable AeroBed. It is stored in Master Bedroom closet and can sleep up to two persons. AeroBed can only be set up in Living room of Main cottage.
1. The Courtyard is shared by both cottages.
2. The Caldera Spa is available for use by our visitors.
3, Two (2) outdoor tables one on front view deck the other is located in Upper Courtyard. Four outdoor rocker chairs in Courtyard.
4. Parking for one auto is available directly in front of Guest Cabin. Two more parking spots are available in car port next to main cottage.
MAXIMUM OF THREE (3) AUTOS CAN BE PARKED AT THE NEST. Interaction with GuestsWelcome to THE NEST!
1. Kindly provide the names and ages of all the guests in your party.
2. We need to know the time of your arrival in Julian so that we can make sure there is someone in our office. Our office closes at 5pm.
3. It is important that you check-out at or before 11am on your check-out date...
The Maid will arrive at 11am on check-out day to clean.
4. Upon your arrival at our office You will need identification; and, to "hand sign" the Short Term Rental Agreement (already agreed to when you make the reservation with us). We will also provide you with Key pick-up and Blu-Ray movie check out for The Nest.
5. Please meet us at the Apple Tree Realty office in Julian. The office address is 2902 Washington Street, located across the street from Pancho Villas Mexican restaurant and the Sheriffs sub-station. If you are coming to Julian from Ramona it is two blocks before you get to the only stop-sign in town. After check-in we will caravan to The Nest.
6. Pets and smoking are NOT allowed at The Nest or anywhere on the property.
7. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding your upcoming stay. Thank you.
The NeighborhoodTHE NEST...
Great location, great views, about a 20-minute walk to the Julian Township!, or drive two minutes into town. Getting AroundYou need a car. Other Things to NoteJulian was founded following the Civil War, when displaced Confederate Veterans from Georgia headed West to seek their fortunes in a new, mostly unsettled land. Among these were cousins Drue Bailey and Mike Julian, who found a lush meadow between Volcan Mountain and the Cuyamacas to their liking. They were there in 1869 when cattleman Fred Coleman found the first flecks of gold in a creek. It was San Diego County's first and only gold rush.
The town was named Julian, in honor of Mike, who later was elected San Diego County Assessor. The town was never big, at the most boasting a population of about 600---more than reside within the historic district today. Rumor has it that Julian almost became San Diego's county seat.
The gold rush was short-lived, nearly over within a decade. But the pioneers stayed and began farming the rich land. While many crops were planted and animals pastured, Julian proved to be a fine place to grow apples. Apples continue to be produced in Julian. Their sweet, fresh flavor lures thousands to the mountains each fall, when visitors will find fruit stands overflowing with crisp fruit, homemade cider and other delicacies.