The Nest- Panoramic Views. House + Detached Guest House + Spa + Hd Home Theater
- Airport Shuttle
- Pets Allowed
- Swimming Pool
- Smoking Allowed
Our VRBO Calendar is current and up to date...
TO MAKE A RESERVATION Simply Click... Book It
FOR SMALL FAMILY GATHERINGS, REUNIONS, RETREATS OR MEETINGS
It looks like a postcard... Tucked away like a bird’s nest in a forest of tall trees, this cozy cottage offers guests the chance to feel rejuvenated by the great outdoors. Built into the side of a mountain, this cabin features picturesque mountain, forest, and valley views from its deck, living room, and dining room.
Although secluded, this luxury forested site is not remote, & guests can enjoy the convenience of Julian being less than a mile away. There are sights, state parks, and attractions within minutes, and the Pacific Ocean is only an hour away. This is a fantastic location for those who want to get away from it all, as well as those who want to enjoy the many great places that Southern California has to offer.
WHAT IS THE NEST?
The NEST is a bird themed completely remodeled 1952 main Cottage and separate detached Guest House. Each having their own kitchen.
LIKE A NEST...
* Our Main cottage and Guest House are high up and provide Panoramic views of North Peak and valleys below.
* The Nest is warm, inviting & cozy inside.
* You are surrounded by large trees.
* The Courtyard is common to both the Main Cottage and the Guest House. It includes a new Hot bubbling Caldera SPA.
* Our GUEST HOUSE is made available for no additional charge only when there are nine (9) or more registered guests in your party.
We've added a NEW state-of-the-art HOME THEATER...
* Enjoy your very own private Theater and Experience movies and sporting events like never before on our gigantic EIGHT FOOT (8') HDTV PROJECTION SCREEN!
* Floor to Ceiling curtains, Beautiful Leather Recliner Seating and Dolby/DTS 5.1 Surround Sound. (SEE PHOTO).
* There is also a separate area which includes a large conference/dining table with seating for up to eight people. Plus a newly remodeled downstairs bathroom.
* We've added a New Leather sofa Queen size convertible sofa-bed.
* Home Theater can be used for gatherings, reception, Crafts, Games, and Dining,)
* The NEST property with it's two cottages have just about every modern luxury imaginable!
*The NEST is beautiful. The memories you make here will be with you for a lifetime! We'd love for you to come and stay!
MINUTES from the turn-of-the-century town of Historic Julian Founded in 1870, enjoy clean mountain air, forests teaming with wildlife, crisp clear night skies. The Cleveland National Forest, Heise State Park, Cuyamaca State Park, shopping, dining, The Smith's Train Ride, Gold mine and museum tours, Hiking, fishing and picnicking at Cuyamaca Lake, horseback riding, visit the Wolf Preserve, Dudley's Bakery, go wine tasting at over 40 area wineries, night-time stargazing tours.
Jess Martin Park is located ¼ mile from town. It offers barbecue pits, picnic tables, playground equipment, a skate-park, baseball fields, a paved walking path (3 laps=1 mile), and a great outdoor fitness center for daily workouts. Experience colorful Daffodils & Lilacs in the spring, star gazing in the summer, apple picking in the fall, or sledding in the winter. Julian Apple Festival in September/October; and, of course... Apple Pie.
About TWENTY minutes from CEDAR CREEK FALLS with it's 80 foot waterfalls, the Warner Springs and Borrego Springs desert and their respective golf courses, Palomar Observatory; and The Oasis Camel Dairy... The only camel dairy in the USA (tours available);
ABOUT AN HOUR to the Pacific Ocean with its beautiful beaches, Safari Park (Formerly 'The Wild animal Park'), San Diego Zoo, Sea World and... Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark, Legoland, Agua Caliente Hot Springs;
A FEW HOURS from shopping in Mexico, playing in Disneyland, and visiting the cultural center of Los Angeles and the Palm Springs Desert.
The Nest House... Enjoy clean mountain air, forests teaming with wildlife. Where Deer, Hawks, Blue Jays, Woodpeckers, Red Foxes, Silver Foxes, Polts and Wild Turkeys, may be seen nearby or on the property. Gentle snowfall in winter months. Brilliant fall colors, cool spring temperatures, summer warmth, and cold mountain spring water! Close to everything in southern California, yet quiet and distant from the noise and traffic jams of the city. Crisp, clear night skies display millions of stars and shooting stars, a family get-away that's great for the kids; or a quiet, secluded romantic honeymoon hide-away... THE NEST.
There are a total of two new full bathrooms plus an additional half bath. (One in Main Cottage, one in Guest House, and one in Home Theater), including:
a. Luxurious New Glass shower/bath.
b. Mosaic Greek-marble and glass tile communicates beautiful opulence.
c. His and her's under-mount sinks with Granite counter tops.
d. Linens and towels provided for no additional fee.
e. Convenient dispensers containing soap, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner.
Sparkling new all Stainless Steel Gourmet kitchens in Main and Guest cottages. Both have the following:
a. High-end Samsung range and a convection oven,
b. Samsung microwave,
c. Dishwasher (Main cottage only),
d. Stainless Steel refrigerator with ice and water dispenser (ice/water dispenser in Main cottage only),
e. Granite counter tops and under-mount GRANITE SINK,
f. Built-in Filtered water dispenser,
g. Not to mention, there is a blender.
Enjoy the beautiful new hardwood floors.
The living room provides a wood burning fireplace in the Main Cottage and a thermostatically controlled propane burning stove in the Guest House (see photographs).
5. ELEVATED COURTYARD:
* The Courtyard is a common area shared by both the Main Cottage and The Guest House.
* An outdoor Propane BBQ is available for your outdoor culinary cooking enjoyment and a SPA.
* ACCESS to: Main Cottage, Guest House and Courtyard REQUIRES GOING UP A FLIGHT OF approximately 14 STAIRS. (7 steps to a landing and another 7 steps to patio and main entrance).
6. CALDERA SPA:
Caldera Spa was purchased and delivered to the NEST. Getting it installed in the NEST’s upper courtyard was a challenge. The solution required an eighty foot (80’) crane be brought in to lift the Spa up the slope and over the top of the house, and set down in the upper courtyard.
Back door of Main House leads directly to where the outdoor bubbling water, steam and massage jets of the Caldera Spa is located. Submerse yourself, relax, and let any problems simply melt away.
1. Home sits on a spacious lot with a Circular driveway. The circular driveway is paved with concrete.
2. IT IS A STEEP DRIVEWAY UP TO THE COTTAGES.
3. PARKING IS LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF THREE or FOUR (4) VEHICLES.
4. THERE IS NO PARKING AVAILABLE ON THE NEARBY STREET.
7. LAUNDRY ROOM:
New Samsung upscale full size Front load Washer and Dryer in main cottage.
New 40” HDTV television (Main Cottage) and; New 37' HDTV television (Guest House) and 96' Screen in our new Home Theater... New Blu-Ray players for both Main house and Home Theater... Plays Blu-Ray as well as traditional DVD’s. New digital video recorders (DVR's) in Main Cottage so you can record your favorite shows and sporting events.
Our guest travelers may choose their Blu-Ray DVD Movies (no additional charge). Movies will be delivered to guest on day of check-in.
We have a wide selection of CURRENT and JUST RELEASED Blu-Ray DVD MOVIES. Availability is on a First come first served basis.
11. HDTV CABLE TELEVISION:
Includes a new HD DVR (Digital Video Recorder) to record your favorite shows and Sporting Events in both MAIN COTTAGE and HOME THEATER!
12. VERY HIGH SPEED WIFI INTERNET
Reception is setup & available at no extra charge throughout home.
13 . NEW CENTRAL FORCED AIR HEATING & CONDITIONING IN MAIN COTTAGE:
14. SLEEPING ACCOMMODATIONS:
Bathroom 1: toilet, combination tub/shower
Sleeps a maximum of 4 people (upstairs).
• Bedroom One: 1 Queen Bed (sleeps 2)
• Bedroom Two: 1 Queen Bed (sleeps 2)
HOME THEATER (downstairs):
Bathroom 2: ½ bath
Sleeps a maximum of four (4) persons.
• 1 Queen size convertible Sofa bed (sleeps 2).
• There is two (2) Twin size roll-away beds (measure 75' x 31').
Bathroom 3: toilet, combination tub/shower
• Day Bed With a Trundle (i.e.; Two twin beds): 2 twin/ single (sleeps 2)
• One Bunk Bed: Two (bunk) beds w 8' memory foam mattresses (twins sleep 2)
NOTE: The GUEST HOUSE is made available at no extra charge only if there are nine (9) or more registered guests staying overnight at THE NEST.
NOTE: During your stay, the Guest House will not be rented out to a different group other than for your party.
Rates are based on two (2) guests; Add $10 PER PERSON per night exceeding two.
* The Nest comes with linens, bath and spa towels, sheets; blankets and pillows are provided for registered guest only.
a. NO SMOKING or PETS allowed in the house or anywhere on the property.
DUE TO INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS AND FIRE CODE SAFETY THERE MAY BE NO MORE THAN 12 VISITORS INCLUDING REGISTERED GUESTS ON THE PROPERTY AT ANY ONE TIME.
c. Prior to making a reservation please state in writing to us... If there is a special event or group gathering function planned and if any additional persons (other than registered guests) will be invited during your stay.
d. We are looking for mature renters with a respect for this beautiful home. You must be at least 25 years of age in order to make a reservation. Otherwise, please contact us prior to making a reservation.
*Check-in time is 4PM.
*Check-out time is 11AM
- Claim your property page and access your free AllTheRooms for Property Owners account.
- Update business information
- Respond to reviews and privately message customers
- See the customer leads your property page generates
- Monitor how many people view your property page