The SpaceUpala - Java Huise
Hello Guests, Welcome to Upala - Java Huise, Our sanctuary in Yogyakarta.
The house is located in preserved serene and green village in Yogyakarta. Its only within 10-15 minutes by CAR or MOTORBIKES to City main attractions such as Keraton, Malioboro, Train Station, Beringharjo Market, and Prawirotaman, yet the houses offer a quite relaxing atmosphere which helps you to relax after your busy day
The house is actually a free standing large and compact room, size of 3mx6m, equipped with modern semi open air bathroom size of 3mx4m, including bathtub and cold/hot shower and a small garden in the bathroom.
The room has a king size bed and a day bed (bale) which is very comfortable to become a bed for the third guest. The interior of the room is contemporary traditional with tasteful modern touch. There are 2 small chairs and a small table and a wardrobe to hang your clothes.
The Bungalow is very airy and bright, and it has an AC however since the house is surrounded by bamboo trees, they keep the house cool all day.
The Bungalow has its own self equiped kitchen, with small stove, a fridge and kitchen utensils. Food will be loaded during guests stay such as breads, eggs, jams and butters. Water, sugar, real coffees and tea will also be provided. So my guest will have their liberty to use the kitchen anytime they want to cook and prepare their breakfast. Guest Access1. The Bungalow has its own kitchen, so the guest have a liberty to make their own drinks and food including breakfast anytime their want.
2. Guests can use dinning and lounge area and the back yard area
3. unless notice otherwise, i like to share my food with my guests, all guests can make coffee or tea provided on their own desire.
4. I can help my guests to rent a car or motorbike or even a pushbike
5. Our Internet connection is 4G based, it is very fast, in the past i provided for free but many guests have used it to make a phone call via (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) or did videostreaming on youtube etc. So i still provide it but my guests need to pay small fee for that, we will give the guests a mobile wifi 4G router and its battery can last for 6 hours, it will be very usefull as the guests can have it when they go around city ans would still conneceted to the internet. with IDR50K, you will get 1GB data and IDR100K you will get 3GB data.
6. Since i am allergic to smoke, Smoke is ONLY allowed outside area, anywhere off 10m from the house, if you are found smoke inside the house i will most likely to give you fine $50 Interaction with GuestsI got several projects and usually i am working from home so most of the time i will be at home.
I have a small resto, so you also can find me there, it is only 5 mnts from the house, we have traditional indonesia food, NO MSG and also provide vegetarian meals The NeighborhoodOur houses is located in the preserved green area at the edge of village of Sembungan, Bangunjiwo. Our neighborhood is kind a unique area, it is surrounding by 2 rivers on each side, villagers call our neighborhood as an island and 90% of total neighborhood of 10 acres is a green area, it gives a feeling that we live in the middle of forest. Yet, it is only about 10 minutes by motorbike to City's attraction such as Keraton and Taman Sari, Prawirotaman Area and the famous Malioboro Street.
It is a perfect spot to stay as it is close enough to city and to tourist attractions and at the same time it gives you a relaxing feeling by being in the green area.
Our village is very well-known as an art village, and many prominent local artists are living in this village. and almost every month there is an exhibition held in our village and surrounding. particular area in our village is Kasongan, it is well known for is pottery and terracotta craft, you can go around this part of village, which is very an interesting, as you can see the process of the making of pottery, from mixing the clay to burning pottery in the traditional big clay oven.
Other thing you can do in my village is take a bike and go around the rice field/Sawah, especially after 4pm, the view at Sawah is spectacular, as you also can see the sun goes down from here.
At the evening, you can find local eatery, and i must say they taste good and very cheap. in Particular area, opposite an historical sugar factory, 5 minutes by push bike, there is an area where you can find local delicacy, such as Javanese's noodle, meat ball soup, chicken Sate. Getting AroundI provide a free service shuttle to city or prawirotaman area between 8am-9am IF available.
Taxi or motor bike taxi are available. It is preffered you hire a car or a motor bike to go around city and i will be very happy to help you to arrange that. And also i can rent my motorbike to my guest.
A pick up and drop service to airport or train station is provided, IDR150,000 from airport each way and IDR80,000 from train station each way. Other Things to Note1. Be advised that you will be visiting the most populated moslem country in the world but dont worry we are very friendly and moderate, you still can wear your short and sleeveless shirt !
2. There is small mosque near our properties, please bring your own earplugs if you dont want to be waken up by a morning call praying by mosques around villages.
3. Our neighborhood is kind a forest atmosphere, you can hear animals sings during the day and night, and the most common are frogs, crickets, Big Geckko, and there is a small shelter for abondaned cats and dogs, so sometime they also make noises too.
Please please BE WELL INFORMED, i will try my best to make all my guests comfortable during their stay!!