The SpaceA unique place, in CBD LOCATION that feels like are in an Outback bush area somewhere back in the 1970s . BUT actually you are in the CBD, town center of Katherine, McDonald's is 2 shops away.(URL HIDDEN)few free range Chickens roam and live in our place. It has a many shady trees and gardens. It is also a well-known cyclist's rest and Information center, sometimes they share there stories .
Coco's House feels like a home away from home ,> There is also an Aboriginal Art Gallery which also has many Didgeridoos . Occasionally, you can see aboriginal artists painting the didgeridoos. Guest Access- camping kitchen, inside kitchen
- bathrooms inside and bathrooms outside (with a nice outside shower)
- internet access
- dining area inside and outsite
- BBQ and bonfire area
Gallery with aboriginal art and Didgeridoos shown on request.
The Tourist Information Center is 200 metres from Cocos and the Katherine is also 200 metres away in the other direction . Interaction with GuestsThe owners (Coco and Tony) chat with the guests, occasionally join them for a drink or show them the didgeridoos in the shed gallery.
Besides this the guests are welcome to get useful advises, help, support and tips from two long-term residents of Katherine who have been in the Katherine area for more than 40 years. The Neighborhood- Katherine Gorge in the Nitmiluk National Park is just 27km away and you can do some walks, book a scenic flight with a helicopter, a boat ride in the gorge or rent a kayak and kayak around the the Katherine Gorge.
- Edith Falls (around 62kms away) part of the Nitmiluk National Park is another spot to do some short walks and have a swim in the pools of the waterfalls
- Hot springs / Thermal pools for a refreshing swim
- Katherine Riverbank
- Katherine Museum
- Katherine Cinema
- Mataranka bitter springs 1.5h drive away (for a one day trip) Getting Around- Woolworth, Bottle shop, Target, Post office, ATMs is in a walkable distance of 3 to 5min
- Mc Donalds is next door
- The cinema opposite of the street
- 1,7km outside of town are the Hot springs for a refreshing swim
- Greyhound busstop
- Shuttle bus to the Katherine Gorge (need to book it in the Visitor Center) Other Things to NoteWe also have an Aboriginal Art shop (URL HIDDEN)