The Turtle House is a 100+ year old recently completely renovated Conch house. The house can comfortably accommodate a maximum of five (5) guests, who are comfortable sharing an open living environment - (1) queen bed, (1) full bed, (2) queen sleeper sofas.
The house can be described as having an open, crisp, private space. The house has two (2) gabled ceilings, which creates a contemporary, spacious living environment.
The house has a secured wi-fi network, (1) Sony 32" flat screen HDTV, ADT Security System (24 hour central monitoring), (2) Samsung 26" flat screen HDTVs, (1) Sony DVR/CD player, (1) ATT DVR, (1) Onkyo tuner. The house has a central air conditioning (3 ton Trane), a ceiling fan, and access to a stacked washer and dryer.
The house has a full kitchen (all cooking and eating utensils), under counter stainless steel Sub Zero refrigerator and freezer, stainless steel gas range, microwave, Braun coffeemaker, Krupps toaster, black Zimbabwe granite countertops, birch cabinetry, stainless steel sink, suspended glass shelving.
The kitchen, dining, living, and bathroom are located on the first floor. An architectural beam containing halogen lighting extends the entire length of the house. The downstairs floor is Golden Oak Pergo. The bathroom, located off the living room, is completely new and has halogen lighting, a full shower, and a pedestal sink. There are two (2) sets of French doors providing access to the rear courtyard where the heated Jacuzzi is located.
The living room has two (2) queen size sleeper sofas, a relaxing chair, (1) Sony 32" flat screen HDTV , (1) Sony DVR/ CD player, (1) ATT DVR, and (1) Onkyo tuner.
The master loft sleeping area has a queen size bed and a Samsung 26" flat screen HDTV.
The loft sleeping area has a full size bed, and a Samsung 26" flat screen HDTV.
The five (5) house compound is private and secure with a 30' x 10' heated main pool including a 10' x 5' heated Jacuzzi. In addition, there is a private 10' x 8' heated Jacuzzi. There are brick walkways, and a 40' x 10' sun deck, including a stainless steel propane barbecue, chaise lounges for sunbathing and relaxing; and tables and chairs for dining. Throughout the property there is secured wireless internet access, and 24 hour cctv security monitoring.
The landscaping is lush including various tropical palm species, Poinciana, Spanish limes, avocado, bananas, hibiscus, bougainvillea, haliconias, bromeliads, and orchids, brick walkways.
The gated compound is within easy walking or biking distance to everything in Old Town Key West, located at the corner of Thomas and Angela Streets - two (2) blocks from the center of Duval Street. In addition to being within easy walking and biking distance to Duval Street, and the best entertainment & dining on the island, the vacation property is located two (2) blocks from Fort Zachary Taylor State Park, the best beach and picnic area in Key West.
CHICKENS & ROOSTERS
The City of Key West protects chickens and roosters, and considers them as part of the history and charm of Key West. As a result, Key West and many of the islands throughout the Florida Keys have free-range chickens and roosters. You will definitely see and hear chickens and roosters during your stay in Key West. Some visitors to Key West love them, and some visitors hate them - personally, I enjoy them best roasted, with plantains, and black beans and rice!
Please visit our main website for additional information: (URL HIDDEN) The NeighborhoodThe neighborhood is alive, dynamic, and surrounded by Key West History - unquestionably the most intact Old Town Key West neighborhood on the island. There are excellent restaurants within walking distance, and Duval Street is only two blocks from the property - close enough, yet far enough away! Ft. Zachary Taylor, located only two blocks to the west of the property, is a National Historic Park and boasts the nicest beach with the best sunsets on the island. Getting AroundThe best way to get around Key West is on a bicycle, which we have on the property available to our guests for a nominal fee - no need to rent bikes at an offsite location. Keep in mind that the island is only 2 miles by four miles, and during season, its much easier to park a bike than a car! (...and a little exercise is not such a bad thing) Other Things to Note1. The fees that the guest (lessee) and Bahama Gardens (lessor) will pay to AirBnB will be based on the rental amount indicated on AirBnB, for the selected time period.
2. State taxes, local taxes, and final cleaning are included in the rental amount indicated on AirBnB, for the time period selected.
3. The lessor will email the lessee a rental agreement and addendum for the house, once the house is booked thru AirBnB.
4. Upon receipt of the rental agreement and addendum, the lessee will have five (5) days to return the signed rental agreement and addendum to the lessor by mail, or email.
5. In the event the rental agreement and addendum is not executed by the lessee and the lessor within the time for acceptance (as described in the rental agreement), both parties agree that the rental will be immediately cancelled, and cancelled thru AirBnB.
6. If the rental agreement is signed by both parties within the time for acceptance, AirBnB will collect and hold a $1,000. refundable security deposit in accordance with the AirBnB policy.
7. We are required by law to rent the house for thirty (30) days or more. During the term of the lease, the tenant, his/her family, friends, and/or guests, shall have sole and exclusive use of the premises and the premises shall not be occupied by any other persons during the term of the lease you. We do require that all family members, friends, and/or guests of the lessee staying on the property register with the lessor/ lessor's agent. The premises will be inspected at the time the lessee receives the keys from the lessor/ lessor's agent, and when the keys are returned to the lessor/ lessor's agent. The lessee will not be responsible for any damage occurring when the keys are in the possession of the lessor/ lessor's agent.