The SpaceUnique 7th floor commercial loft with full, open floor plan, floor-to ceiling windows on three sides, with city and lake views.
Also suitable for commercial photo shoots, cocktail parties, and events. We host groups looking for an inspirational space for meetings or brainstorming.
Loft is walking distance from the largest green space in Hanoi: exercise, dance, tai chi classes are held daily in the park. Also nearby is a street "wet" market, and a public bus stop with direct lines leading to major points of interest.
Tourist area Hoan Kiem Lake is 2 km (walk, bicycle (we have), or 5 minute taxi); Hospital 1km; Supermarket 1km.
Floor plan is open, and can be configured with furniture in different ways for magazine photo or film shoots. Floor is semi-glaze, poured concrete.
Wi-fi enabled fiber Internet, AppleTV, iPod plug-ins.
King-size imported mattress bed sleeps 3, for 4 or more, we will pitch a camping tent in the loft, and outfit it with another full size mattress, for an urban glamping experience.
Full kitchen: gas & electric cooker, microwave, toaster, blender, rice-cooker, pots, pans, utensils, wine rack, double sink, refrigerator-freezer, and a 10kg washer / dryer for clothes washing.
Split bathroom: the water closet has heated/pressurized shower and toilet (note the typical toilet/shower room in Vietnam there is no shower enclosure, the whole room gets wet, splish splash, do not worry, that's normal here and a squeegie is available; the vanity has mirror, swing-out make-up mirror, stainless sink, wide counter, clothes rack, clothes bin, and towel rack.
We provide 100% cotton towels, new toothbrushes, shampoo, and soap, with compliments.
Thanks for your interest, we look forward to hearing from you soon.
SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT THE LOFT
*This is a loft apartment that has been converted from a commercial space. And it is in a building that also has a karaoke bar. The entrance, lobby, and elevator are shared with the bar. Music from the karaoke CAN be detected inside the loft apartment, as it comes up through the elevator shaft. We have a heavy book-case door to block the sound; and though not loud, at times, music/singing is still detected and sometimes late at night. While we find it is part of the fun of being in our neighborhood; still, our place is not suitable for extremely light sleepers or highly sensitive people. If you choose to stay in the loft, and you find yourself annoyed, we do have both bottles of gin and earplugs available. In addition, Vietnam is a developing country and many people have animals in their houses/yards; we do live near chickens and they do wake up at dawn). If you find you are indeed suffering, we will allow you to cancel your stay, and we will refund the pro-rated, un-used nights, via Airbnb system (no cash refunds are given out, ever, no exceptions).
SOME HELPFUL Q&A
1. How far is the apartment from the airport by taxi [45 mins] & how much is the fare? [approximately USD$25, pre-negotiate this ALWAYS, and take ONLY official flat-rated Airport Taxi branded cars, or you could get charged up to $100 by rogue driver, and we cannot help you out of this situation]
2. How far is the apartment from the center also by taxi [2.5km] & how much is the fare? [about USD $3]
3. What kind of sleeping amenities are there in the camping tents (for situations more than 3 guests)? [in the tent is a futon with bedding, cushion, pillow, and blankets, included]
4. Our flight takes us to Hanoi at approximately 24:00 or 1:00 in the morning. Will there be transport/taxi available at that time [Yes, taxis are 24 hours at airport] & will you be able to receive us at such an early time? [yes, we can receive guests 24 hours]
5. We plan to go on a day tour of Halong Bay. Do you have any info on this? [yes, you can book through us, many options/prices]
6. Our flight back home will be early morning, at 01:00 AM, which means that we will be checking out on the day before. Can we leave our luggage in the loft the whole day, while we wait to go to the airport later for our flight? [of course, you can store your luggage securely with us, and late-check-out is also OK if there's no incoming guest]
7. What's the weather like? [Hanoi weather is 4-season. Summer, May-Aug is intensely hot and humid and rainy; Fall and Spring are mild and pleasant; Winter is cool to cold, check wikipedia for averages. But visit Vietnam confidently any time of the year, each season has its own special fruit, food, an cultural traditions]
8. We plan to go to Ha Long Bay in the middle of our stay, can we check out, and check back in again? Yes you can, but we cannot re-rent the loft for only one day, therefore there is a 1/2 day fee for such bookings.
Any other questions, feel free to ask any time. Guest AccessAll Access, but please don't try to open things that have been locked or screwed shut. Interaction with GuestsCan help with most anything. The NeighborhoodLake and city views. Behind is an alley that is one of the most authentic hanoi urban street markets: Ngo Cho Kham Tien (alley of Kham Tien market). Getting AroundEasy via walking, taxi, UBER, and guest bicycles. Other Things to NoteIn Vietnam, crowing roosters, karaokes, local street life, honking horns, passenger train whistles, and horny cats may disturb highly sensitive sleepers.