The Space**IMPORTANT UPDATE 1-2 night stays are welcome if booked 30 days before date and if available. MAUI - if you are going to Maui please see our ad.
Cottage MAXIMUM capacity is 2 persons (a child at any age is a person).
Located in the ultimate country setting, this comfortably rustic OCEAN VIEW cottage is situated on a private gated property with breathtaking VIEWS of ranch land and a 60 mile unobstructed VIEW of coastline. Tranquil and quiet, only those that appreciate magnificent sweeping VIEWS, wide open spaces and starry nights need inquire.
The cottage is ideally set between Hawi and Kamuela (Waimea) on the drier part of beautifully scenic Kohala Mountain Road (hwy 250). Return to the comfort and coziness of the cottage after a day of exploration. The cool elevation is refreshing and the expansive OCEAN VIEWS are unforgettable. A great place to reflect over the days journeys; plan tomorrows adventures or simply write, paint, meditate, yoga or indulge in a great book.
Perfect for low-impact, less is more type of traveler.
COTTAGE SIZE AND CAPACITY -
Clean, cozy and prepped for simplicity, efficiency and comfort.
Cottage MAXIMUM capacity: 2 persons (a child at any age is a person)
Cottage size: 236 sq feet under roof PLUS 345 sq foot lanai.
Built on a slope and the large lanai (deck) is 20 feet high off the ground. Makes for amazing VIEWS- but not suitable for guests with height issues or problems climbing up and down stairs. See photos.
- Assorted toiletries
- Beach and bath towels
- Electric studio fridge
- Propane stove/oven
- Rice cooker
- Coffee maker/coffee grinder
- Utensils, cups, plates, etc.
- Hair dryer
- Portable electric heater
- BBQ ( at hosts home)
- Wireless broadband internet(slow, but works)
- Satellite TV
*home phone not available
*Sink located on large lanai
PRIVACY. We are the only ones here.
Beach equipment (beach chairs, boogie boards, umbrella, cooler, 2 man Kayak, NO snorkel gear) available for use.
LOCATION: easy access to world class beaches, hiking, restaurants, golf, spa and anywhere else you would love to discover! Vehicle required to explore the Island.
DRIVING DISTANCES: 1 hour North from Kona airport, 1.5 hours from Hilo airport.
-15 minutes to thriving Waimea town for shopping, restaurants, hospital, banking
- 25 minutes to world class beaches, golf, spa and resorts
- 30 minutes to local country towns of Hawi and Kapaa
- 3 hours from Volcano
- Hiking, both near and far
- Need a car. 4 WHEEL drive not necessary
- Cottage MAXIMUM capacity is 2 persons (a child at any age is a person).
- Located at 3500 ft elevation, temperature ranges around 55 degrees during winter months to mid 80's most of year. It can be cool and like most of the Island, the tradewinds can be stiff. Although we are on the drier part of the Island, it does rain from time to time. Very refreshing, cozy and beautiful!
- Cottage is on water catchment and DELICIOUS for drinking right out of the tap. It is triple filtered, recently tested and exceeds the county standards.
- Smoking is allowed outside -- not in cottage. Located in drier environment, must be fire conscious and water conservative (but comfortable!)
Welcome to the Big Island - you will love exploring here!
Incredible Ocean Views in a private neighborhood, quiet setting. Peace, Quiet, Privacy and Tranquility.
Interaction with Guests
Sometimes we meet guests, sometimes we don't due to conflicting work and your vacation schedule. The cottage is all yours so settle in and make it home. There are many guide books for you to use.
Other Things to Note: Animals on property. Guest AccessPRIVACY. We are the only ones here. Interaction with GuestsSometimes we meet guests, sometimes we don't. The cottage is all yours so settle in and make it home. The NeighborhoodEpic views in a private, peaceful setting with EPIC views. Getting AroundNeed car, 4 wheel drive not necessary. Other Things to NoteAnimals on property.