The Space1. Breakfast included in the tariff. (Pay-lunch/dinner can be offered with prior notice).
2. High speed wifi (40 MBPS/90 GB)
3. Round-the-clock power back up.
4. Hot water through geyser.
6. Android LCD TV with Airtel set-up box. (Limited use)
7. Daily house-keeping.
8. Laundry after 3 days (extra cost).
9. Linen change every 3 days. (Free)
10. Airport reception/send-off (extra cost)
11. Fire extinguisher in place
12. First aid medicines in place
13. Fridge in the B&B room
14. TV with HDMI cable. Guests can watch online Youtube/play CDs, pendrive etc.
15. Laptop can be provided on request.
16. Big mirror
17. Writing table, paper, pens
18. Sufficient space on the floor to keep your luggage. Loft available. Separate Almirah to keep your valuables, clothes etc. Guest AccessCaptive access to the bedroom. Keys will be handed over on arrival. Full access to drawing room/TV till 11.30 pm. Unlimited access to wifi 24x7. We have a 60 mbps 120GB Fibrenet connection. Kitchen and accessories like mixie, microwave etc. on request. Kitchen usage strictly under supervision of co-hostess Mrs. Vanaja Kurien or maid Mrs. Devaki is allowed. Interaction with Guests24 x 7 (direct in person, cellphone, mail, sms, viber). However, from 1 Apr to 3 Aug '16 the hosts shall be out of India. There will be a lady Manager who takes care of the guests' requirements. We (the hosts) shall be available on (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), mail etc to receive your instructions and pass on to the Manager. The NeighborhoodOur flat is one of the 6 flats in the compound. Copious water which is supplied by the Government (Metrowater Corproation). The water is soft. Non-interfering are the neighbours, mostly working in the Information Technology (IT) industry. Getting AroundName it! Bus, Train, Share auto, Autorickashaws, Regular Taxis, Call-Taxis. My own Volkswagen Polo is available exclusively for guests on a cost re-imbursement basis @ Rs 15/- per kilometre. For short distances it is cheaper than Ola/Uber/Meru.
Chennai is a very beautiful city like several other cities in the world. The weather is very pleasant be it rains (Oct, Nov) or sun (Jan to Sep). It is the cultural city of India. The people are very simple, less complicated due to their global outlook. Bus is the major mode of transportation though local trains, Mass Rapid Transport System (MRTS) and Metro Rail too are available. There are several sightseeing places in Chennai which can be covered by city tour buses or private vehicles. It is a very safe place for tourists and one can manage pretty well with English though Hindi too is picking up fast. The beach is a must-see since even most of the Indians do not know that the second largest beach in the world after Miami is the Marina beach. Food is excellent and there are several good restaurants for meals, snacks, breakfast etc. Coffee is a must if you are in Chennai. Shopping at T.Nagar, Mylapore, Town, Adyar etc. etc. is fun. Visit to temples particularly Kapaleeshwar and Parthasarthy in the evening would be soul stirring and blissful. If you visit Chennai in the month of December/January, you will be in the midst of Classical music/dance season. Chennai too is in par with other metropolitan cities vis-a-vis modernization. If you have more time you can also visit the suburbs of Chennai which has world famous places such as Mahabalipuram, Yercaud, Thiruvanannamalai, Pondicherry etc. Bon Voyage !!! Other Things to NoteCome and be part of our family. I encourage guests to visit/shop in the nearby Phoenix Mall and even watch movies in its any of the 13 screens. Guests are requested to sit down with me (host) and frankly discuss their requirements like pay-lunch (Rs. 100/-)/pay-dinner (Rs. 100/-), likes, dislikes, preferences etc. Airbnb is an advance payment service. Like paying rent in advance, the guests are requested to pay for the services in advance. So, in case you need any services like food, taxi from the host (I.e. me), please pay a lump sum as advance. Before close of every day, statement of account will be furnished to you.
In case you need to be picked up from airport or railway station, please pay the fare in advance.