The SpaceBeautiful summer house in a spectacular location overlooking the South China Sea. The house sits on a large private property with 2 km of private coastline (of which 600 meters are white sandy beaches). The mountains in the background - covered with rainforest - form a spectacular backdrop.
We like to eat fresh and healthy foods, so we have a large organic garden with vegetables, herbs and spices. We also keep French chickens (free range) for eggs and meat. Freshly caught fish can be had daily from a nearby fisherman's village. We hope our 3 Labradors and 2 Persian cats will make you feel at home the moment you arrive. During the daytime you will most likely be enjoying the surroundings and the beach. At night you will fall asleep, soothed by the sounds of the waves and the rainforest. The house comes with two gardeners, a maintenance man, a caretaker and a beach janitor (for daily cleaning of the beach and its surroundings). You are welcome to do your own cooking, using our facilities (we cook on wood fire), but you may have to bring most of your ingredients from Puerto. The small shops near the Villa offer only basic things. If you wish, the hosts can also cook for you. My wife Theresa is very talented and highly passionate about cooking. She does wonders with all our garden fresh ingredients. Ask us about our meal plan !
All rooms are en suite and have a view of the ocean (from your bed). We have built several private hideaways around the house, where you can enjoy the view and the sea breeze with a book, a cocktail or a cup of tea. Or just have a lazy afternoon nap in a hammock.
Other amenities of the house include a gym, a petanque court, a bar, a yoga platform/view deck and an outdoor kitchen. Planned amenities for the near future are a Zen Garden, a wood fired brick oven and a zip line that will take you from your balcony straight to the beach.
We are leading a comfortable yet low impact life style. We produce our own veggies and meat, make our own virgin coconut oil, natural bug repellents, yoghurt and cheese. We cook using only the freshest ingredients straight from our garden. We avoid chemical additives and processed foods. If you wish to learn or participate in our organic farming, you are very much welcome. We have some live stock to tend to as well (cows, goats, water buffaloes, chickens, rabbits).
To help keep our carbon footprint low, we ask all our visitors to plant one tree each. Either a long living fruit tree or a tropical hardwood tree. We provide the seedlings and make sure the tree will prosper.
Our place is ideal for:
* Families with children
* Couples looking to spend quality time together in paradise (hidden away from the rest of the world)
* Nature lovers
* Adventure lovers
* People who favor a healthy life style
* Beach & Ocean (swimming, snorkeling, fishing, paddle boating, bonfire / BBQ)
* Mountain River (swimming, fish spa, BBQ)
* Jungle (hiking on old mountain trails, native hunting trails, bird watching) Guest AccessGuests have access to their room (en suite), the bar, our open air dining area and kitchen, our pergola with comfy lounge chairs, our flower garden, our organic vegetable and spice garden, our view deck, the gym, our hidden dining area on the mountain slope, overlooking the forest and the beach below, various hammocks in breezy and nicely shaded areas, our gorgeous beach and lots and lots of privately owned land around the house. Interaction with GuestsWe love to interact with our guests, either during and after meals or in the evenings over some cocktails or some cold beers in our open air bar. We may also take you on excursions to parts of our land with exceptional views and natural beauty. We believe that this interaction and personal approach is part of the success of the Amazing Villa. We like to share with our guests our love for the Philippines and for the people of Palawan in particular. The NeighborhoodWe live in a part of Palawan that is exceptionally beautiful and as of yet totally untouched by mass tourism. Many of our neighbors are indigenous people (of the Tagbanua tribe). The Tagbanua still live very close to nature and possess a wealth of knowledge about plants from the forest, natural and spiritual healing and nature in general. Knowledge that has largely been lost in modern "civilised" society today. Getting AroundThe easiest way to get to the Amazing Villa is by rental car. We can rent a car (with driver) for you, pick you up at the airport and take you straight to the Villa. The travel time from the airport to the Villa is approximately one hour and 40 minutes. Rental rates vary according to the number of days you stay but since we rent cars frequently, we get the best rates.
Car and driver can stay with you at the Villa and can be used for short trips near the Villa at no extra charge. Food and lodging of the driver are on us - it forms part of our hospitality. An inexpensive alternative to a rental car is public transport. Jeepneys leave from the San Jose jeepney terminal at 11.00 am and 13.00 pm and can drop you off in front of the Villa. Fares are very low at 100 php/person plus a small fee for your luggage.
The roads going to the Villa are very scenic but partially rough. You will travel over mountains and through virgin rain forest. Presently, about 85% of the roads are paved. The remaining 15 % are still rough but should be cemented by the end of 2015.