The SpaceLa casa de Loto is a place to balance mind and body with Ayurvedic practices like Meditation, Mantras, Yoga and a healthy organic diet. The idea of this antique medicine is to cure ourselves before disease breaks out. We will open our doors November 1st 2016 in a beautiful gated area overlooking the town of La Ceja, which is one hour away from Medellin. We are basically in the clouds here, nothing above and around except peace and nature. The rooms are comfortable and shared. Our areal is 10.000 square-meters of vegetable gardens, trees, and the farm.. Come and have a break ;) Guest AccessGuests have access to absolutely everything the Farm has to offer. You are happily welcome to help out gardening, building whatever has to be build, cooking, taking care of the animals,... Interaction with GuestsI am a calm and respectful person, but am always happy to have a chat with guests and especially about Ayurveda, Yoga and Meditation. In general it is a very relaxed and quiet place. The NeighborhoodThe territory today known as "La Ceja" was first inhabited by the Tahamíes. Tahamíes is an indigenous people dedicated to agriculture, specifically the cultivation of maize. By 1541 the Spanish conquistadors arrived in the town, led by Alvaro de Mendoza, deputy to Marshal Jorge Robledo. On arrival to this region, Mendoza discovered a vast and fertile valley full of green meadows furrowed by abundant and clean water. He called it the "Valley of Santamaría", which today is known as the "Valley of La Ceja del Tambo".
Since the early 17th century, many people from Antioquia, especially residents of Medellín and Santa Fe de Antioquia, moved to the area due to its natural attractions and fertile land suitable for agricultural industry and livestock.
In 1683, a path was cleared between San Nicolás of Rionegro and Santiago of Arma, which in turn led to Popayán. The locals built a shelter, or "tambo" to the side of this route, which originated the subsequent naming of this town as "La Ceja del Tambo".
The town was founded as "La Ceja" on 7 December 1789. It was founded by Maria Josefa Marulanda Londoño and Father José Pablo de Villa.
By 1824, the town had 2012 inhabitants, of which 98 were slaves.
La Ceja was elevated to the status of municipality in 1855. In 1905, the first studies for the installation of an aqueduct were made and in 1927 came into operation the first aqueduct and sewerage systems. Getting AroundWe have parking spots and are happy to organise a very affordable airport and city shuttles.