The SpaceThis tasteful, two-story adobe home is a piece of paradise, located in the heart of the Sacred Valley. The house is situated on a 2000-m2 (half acre), landscaped and fenced property beside the Rio Carmen. The home has three bedrooms (with 2 double beds, 1 single, plus extra sleeping pad), full kitchen, dining room, living room, and a bathroom with hot shower. The master bedroom opens onto a covered balcony with mountain and garden views. Guest AccessAmenities and details:
• Gas stove and oven
• All cooking utensils, dishes, and blender
• Unlimited wifi
• TV/DVD with a large collection of movies
for adults & children
• Board games
• Outside firepit and BBQ area
• Fenced property with large green space
• Small herb and vegetable garden
• Badminton, tetherball and volleyball court
• Covered balcony
• Hot shower
• Secure parking space Interaction with GuestsThere will be someone available to help you with any housing or travel concerns during your stay. The NeighborhoodLamay is a quiet Peruvian village with very few tourists. Visitors can get to know the residents while purchasing local baked goods and vegetables, or trying out the small restaurants. Lamay is also famous for the Andean specialty - cuy al palo (grilled Guinea pig).
There are also many, lovely walks and hikes in the neighbourhood, including the scenic, two-hour hike to the Incan ruins of Huchuy Qosqo. Getting AroundThe house is a 10 minute walk from the bus stop on the main valley road, and there are frequent buses and taxis available from early morning until late evening. Both Pisac, with its artisan market and Incan ruins, and Calca, with its colourful food market, are only 10-15 minutes from Lamay; and Cusco is a one-hour bus or taxi trip Lamay. Other Things to NoteOn our property we have two friendly dogs who will not only keep you company, but also help to guard the home. They have been raised with our children, and are delightful companions. There are also two cats that are here from time to time. If you are an animal lover, then you will have 'instant pets' to keep you company; however, if you prefer, they are very much used to staying outside and keeping a eye on the place.